Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to board

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself, I guess I'm the new guy! I have just become involved in security work and have found this board very interesting so far. Right now I work 3 days part time and on 24/7 emergency call for a resort/private lake community in rural Michigan, approx 7,000 acres with a small airport. I assist our Department of Safety in the coordination of our volunteer security patrol services and in emergency management. Being in a rural area, we are often first responders to many incidents. Our department works with the county LE when we need assistance such as B/E and accidents, but mostly we hold our own with other disturbances. I am also responsible for monitoring any illegal hunting activities on our property. I guess this isn't a dangerous as you guys in the cities, but there is enough strange stuff to keep you on the toes of your duty boots! I am interested to hear all of your info and learn what I can. Thanks

Originally posted by Nighthawk
    Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself, I guess I'm the new guy! I have just become involved in security work and have found this board very interesting so far. Right now I work 3 days part time and on 24/7 emergency call for a resort/private lake community in rural Michigan, approx 7,000 acres with a small airport. I assist our Department of Safety in the coordination of our volunteer security patrol services and in emergency management. Being in a rural area, we are often first responders to many incidents. Our department works with the county LE when we need assistance such as B/E and accidents, but mostly we hold our own with other disturbances. I am also responsible for monitoring any illegal hunting activities on our property. I guess this isn't a dangerous as you guys in the cities, but there is enough strange stuff to keep you on the toes of your duty boots! I am interested to hear all of your info and learn what I can. Thanks
    Oh, I don't know about that, you have to deal with poachers. Just about every hunter is armed, after all. At least most of them are well behaved.

Reference: Wisconsin Hunter Killing
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Yeh, and rifle season opens here in Michigan tommorow! I have only had one contact during bow season, nothing exciting though. I think it was an after the fact...I found a compound hunting bow/ arrows on the ground outside of a residence in a driveway after dark. I was on patrol and it looks like someone may have been up to something. I didn't see anybody on scene...can't do a thing unless I witness an event. Talked to the people in the house and they gave me the old "oh, did I forget that out there?" Glad I found it and not kids in the neighborhood. Also, I'm glad it wasn't a firearm, more paperwork!

Thanks for the reply

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
      Working...
      X