• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy Taylor View Post
    headest???
    Is that a word?
    I think I have the right to make up one new word since its my birthday
    "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
    "The Curve" 1998

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!

My rank is Buildings and Grounds Patrol Officer (non-sworn)then there is
      Lead BGPO
      Lead Supervisory BGPO
      Protective services trainee (still not sworn)
      All from here down are sworn POST certified Police Officers
      Officer
      Training officer
      Sgt
      MSgt.
      Lt
      Capt
      Chief

Comment

Originally posted by BHR Lawson View Post
        I think I have the right to make up one new word since its my birthday
        What again?
        Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
        Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

We only have two ranks.
          1. The guy that writes the checks.
          2. The guy that cashes the check.

I guess that makes my rank Full Bird check casher.
          Attached Files
          THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
          THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
          http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

I've often wondered why security companies consider the designation FTO as a rank.

FTO is an acronym for "Field Training Officer," and is usually a title, not a rank. Its a job description, "a person who trains other employees in the field, usually probationary employees."
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
              I've often wondered why security companies consider the designation FTO as a rank.

FTO is an acronym for "Field Training Officer," and is usually a title, not a rank. Its a job description, "a person who trains other employees in the field, usually probationary employees."
              I've often wondered this myself, but in my experience at (4) different PSCs I have worked for... usually an FTO's duties is that and only that. I'd say it be closer in rank to a Corporal in the traditional rank structure, but when an individual is expected to know more or less every post that a PSC is contracted out to and has to train other S/Os... that somehow becomes a rank within it's own sub ranking system. I don't agree with that train of thought, but that seems to be how most companies roll. I for one don't have a problem with simply being an S/O, but I do feel that a pay raise should be up for review (and more than a measly .25cents either) in 6 month intervals with the possibility of a $1.00 raise every year up until a cut off point at the descretion of the PSC, depending on how well the respective S/O does their duty.

This of course is a mindset within the table of operations that never happens, but I've worked under Lieutenants and even a few Security Directors who weren't worth a bucket of piss either, and were usually doing either illegal things on the side or slacking off all together while "the real" S/Os actually carried them and the sag nuts Security Officers just there to collect a paycheck. It's partly the reason I am again in-between PSCs (Private Security Contractor) and left the mall security gig I was working. Out of fourteen officers + the Director, only 3 of us (me being one of them) actually did anything like they were supposed to. But of course we got the lowest wages and **** on by everyone else. It was a bad experience and I personally have learned I do better when fielded to posts where it's just me by myself holding down the respective post, and when it's a CRE (Contract Regulation Enforcement) post along with being O&R. On my own I know I have to understand the post orders to the level and I can't afford to mess up... having others around to work with just means more drama it seems, and personally at 29 I'm too old for needless drama really.

Comment

BHR LAWSON--HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

As to the FTO rank designation where I work it technically isn't a rank, although I did list it. The one FTO we have is also second in seniority to everyone here except myself. He has turned down promotions to real supervisor positions (CPL and up) due to the requirement that supervisors be on call 24-7. He becomes the De-facto supervisor on his shift. We had to come up with somthing so new officers would recognize his authority, and yet we didn't want to modify the existing structure. He, along with all supervisors, do traditional FTO duties. Once he retires I doubt we will continue to use the FTO designation.
                Last edited by Andy Taylor; 07-12-2007, 01:48 PM.
                "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

Hmmm... our heirachy is somewhat simpler

He whom doth writeth the checks
                  Senior S/O (Supervisor)
                  S/O
                  "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

were i work we are only 4 s/o so we have only a sergeant and 3 basic agent

Comment

were i work we are only 4 s/o so we have only a sergeant and 3 basic agent and the security director is not wearing any uniform. In the canadian army reserve im only first class private

Comment

We don't have ranks

At my company, which is run by my brother, the guards do not have ranks. On my resume, I write that my job title is "Security Officer"

Comment

Currently, I am a Lieutenant (Watch Commander) for the SSG Uniformed Patrol Division.
                          " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Rank

Currently our system is set up as follows:

Director, SGT, and then the specialty titles which each officer must hold.

Training, Crime Prevention, Property, Equipment, Fire Prevention, and so on.

I am the Training Officer. Basically set up and train new personel, book yearly training etc.

Comment

Rank

Captain of the rat unit.
                              CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

Colonel (Chief of Operations)...
                                "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X