• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ycaso77
    Rank markings/insignia are frowned upon
    Why's that?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackhole
      Just curious, why are you ex-law enforcement at 35? If you did 20 and out, you wouldn't be working 64-72 hours per week, your retirement would be helping you out...
      FYI i was on the job for 4 years, and was hurt, got out w/ nothing due to 5 years your vested, only recieved 1 lump sum of workers compansation. I will be going back now with NYCPD School Safety in September.....
      MIKee
      1UNDER1

Comment

Originally posted by 1UNDER1
        FYI i was on the job for 4 years, and was hurt, got out w/ nothing due to 5 years your vested, only recieved 1 lump sum of workers compansation. I will be going back now with NYCPD School Safety in September.....
        Who were you with, NYPD?

Comment

My Title

I'm Point Lead (supervisor) the guy with the Red stripe on my shoulder boards.
          I am also a serving member of the Canadian Rangers (Canadian Forces)

John

Comment

Captain
            Gang Investigator/Shift Supervisor

Collateral Duties:
            Disciplinary Hearing Officer
            (State Jail Minor and Major)

Close quarters Combat/Fire Arms Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by AirportSecurity
              I'm Point Lead (supervisor) the guy with the Red stripe on my shoulder boards.
              I am also a serving member of the Canadian Rangers (Canadian Forces)

John
              A question. The guys at the airport in Montreal doing the bag checks wear the uniform of the federal government agency that was set up after 9-1-1 & is directed by the former director of the Montreal Police. ( I can't remember it's offical name). But my understanding is that they work for a contract agency. (I believe it is Garda in Montreal).

The federal government rents the airport to a non profit agency that runs it. (Aeoports de Montreal). Before, when it was government run the RCMP patrolled the terminals etc. Now they have their own "Airport Patrol". My understanding is that these people are also contract, they actually work for the Canadian Corps of Commissioners. Can you confirm this also?
              I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
              Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Not like anyone couldnt guess...

O.k., its pretty easy to figure out..

Director Of Security
                Mall Security Department

Other than title duties:
                National OC Instructor
                National PPCT Instructor
                Board of Regional Security Directors for Rocky Mountain Shopping Centers
                Homeland Security Liazon for Northern Colorado
                Human Resources and Legal Department Agent
                County Probation + Parole Liazon.

Many other little things I could plug, but lets not. I think getting involved in alot of our communities organizations is very helpful, though very time consuming, LOL!
                Deputy Sheriff

Comment

Where I work, it's pretty simple. I am one of the Security Response Force

Officers. There are four Lieutenants, and the Captain.
                  Last edited by FederalSecurity; 08-13-2006, 06:10 AM.
                  "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."
                  - Thomas Jefferson

“Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence.”
                  — Vince Lombardi

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

IX. Strive to attain professional competence.

Comment

rank

i'm a sergeant my duties are traning, drawing up new post orders,raiped reponse team, Investigator and any thing that high ups don't want to do
                    CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

A friend of mine is responsible for the operation of all security operations for his company (retailer) which includes:
                      • Armed guards
                      • Plainclothes staff
                      • Investigators
                      • A fully equiped SWAT unit
                      • A heavily fortified central alarm station
                      • A company owned armored car service

His business card reads - Head of Security.

Me? I'm the President.
                      Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
                      Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

At my location (and company-wide, for that matter), we really only have 2 designations as far as what could be a considered "rank" (other than Supervisor); S/O's and CPO's... Out of 13 Officers in the immediate area, 6 are CPO's, including Myself and another who are considered the Team Leaders as we've been at this account the longest...
                        Last edited by flashlightcop509; 07-11-2007, 09:33 AM.
                        “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
                        "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Comment

Our Rank structure is as follows
                          CEO
                          Corporate Investigator
                          Chief of Security---Me
                          Asst. Chief
                          LT---has been vacant for 4 years when I was promoted to Asst. Chief
                          SGT
                          Corporal
                          FTO
                          Officer
                          We also have EMTs which is a seperate certification and they can be any rank.
                          "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

I am "Guard" ... when I was at Wackenhut I was a Custom Protection Officer -Lieutenant, but I did not get along very well with a couple head honchos (the headest honcho was recently fired) so I parted ways with TWC. I liked the company for the most part, but Im happier where I am now.

If things go according to plans, I will soon be either...

Armed Guard 2 for the Washington State Military Department
                            Security Patrol Officer for the Tacoma School District
                            or
                            Fingerprint Technician 1 for the Washington State Patrol.
                            "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                            "The Curve" 1998

Comment

headest???
                              Is that a word?
                              "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

our company ranks go like this

Officer
                                fto/Corpral
                                Sergeant
                                LT
                                Captian
                                LT Col

all obtainable by employees, i have yet to see an LT col with the company but have seen many capts... after the LT COL is the company owner.
                                Its not how we die that counts.....
                                Its not how we lived that counts....
                                all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X