What Is Your Rank ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UncleDooly
    I work a Gate House (when I first got there they called it a Guard Shack - I told them the city dump has a Guard Shack - upscale communities have Gate Houses....haha). Since we're are strictly Access Control, they're trying to remove the "security" designation from everything there so as not to imply a security presence in the community (liability). In determining what we should be called, I suggested "gateboy."
    "Gate Attendant."

You won't even need a D license.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

gateboy LOL

Comment

or how about gatedudes ? A lil cooler name lol

Stay Safe All

Comment

On my site (an upscale community as well) they don't like the wore 'security' either so we are Community Patrol Officers. Most the time when we answer the phone we have to explain that yes we are security lol

Comment

I'm LT right now, which is a Lead Officer (we conduct roll call, coordinate responses, approve OT, direct officers to certain calls, etc.).
            Liability is never above officer safety. Do what you must to make sure you go home safe.

William-2, 10-6 for 105. Yep, I'm at Starbucks!

I may be gay, but I'll eff you up!

Personal Web Site

Cheap, Quality Web Design! Put a great cop on the beat by helping with my tuition! :-D

Comment

Protective Services Officer II

Comment

Sergeant or Shift Supervisor

But Sarge or Douche Bag gets my attention faster.
                10-8

Comment

University Security Officer 1, USO 2, Alternate Lead Officer, Lead Officer then the inumerable management titles. Rank markings/insignia are frowned upon and the students can't tell the difference between security and the university police-never mind whos who in security.
                  Old age and treachery will defeat youth and enthusiasm every time-

Comment

At my downtown 500 room hotel I am Assistant Director of Security but I also cover one of the three 8 hour shifts, usually alone.

At the other 2 hotels (280 & 222 rooms) I am the Assistant Director of Security. I'm on call overight for the lone Officer to call in case he needs help/advice.

I do the hiring, firing, training, payroll etc etc etc for all 3 hotels.

My boss works for the owner of the 3 hotels. His main job is NOT security, being Security Director is a part-time position.
                    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

I was just promotred to CPL yesterday. I am now site supervisor for two of our apt complexes.
                      "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Comment

I'm currently an officer, and I plan on keeping it that way as long as I'm with this account. The Sgt's here only make a dollar an hour more and the Lt. make a buck and a half over that, but it's a 24/7 job for them. As long as this is the pay scale here I'll stick with officer.

Also I've noticed the Sgt's here only stick with the job a short time, once the "glamour" of having a few bars on their shirts wear off the reality sinks in that the money is practically the same and they have a lot more responsibility so off they go.

Comment

Right now we have the following:

Officer
                          FTO
                          Investigator
                          Supervisor
                          Manager
                          Director

I am currently an FTO.

In the fall when we do our budget, we will include budgeting for 2 new badges per employee and will be changing to a rank structure as follows:

Officer---------Officer
                          Investigator----Sergeant
                          FTO-----------Sergeant
                          Supervisor-----Lieutenant
                          Manager-------Captain
                          Director--------Chief
                          Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

Comment

Our company doesn't use a rank system. You have different pay scales and the higher the pay the higher in rank you are. It looks something like this-
                            Unarmed SO- Lowest paid/rank
                            Armed SO- Makes a little more than unarmed.
                            SO with special certification- SOs hired with particular skills such as medical, rescue, haz-mat, fire fighting, etc as needed by the client. Example, I'm a SO with EMT certification.
                            On Site Spervisor- the SO in charge of all the others at a particular clients site. He is the one who handles the schedules, sends in the time sheets to payroll, deals with the client regarding everyday operations, etc.
                            Hospital Security Officer

Comment

i am an assistant supervisor 2nd shift, right now, It really sucks since I only make $13 per hour, to make any money I have to work 64-72 hours in a week. And to think I am ex law enforcement, but my job is easy, no one bothers you, and you can bring in a dvd player lol
                              MIKee
                              1UNDER1

Comment

Originally posted by 1UNDER1
                                i am an assistant supervisor 2nd shift, right now, It really sucks since I only make $13 per hour, to make any money I have to work 64-72 hours in a week. And to think I am ex law enforcement, but my job is easy, no one bothers you, and you can bring in a dvd player lol
                                Just curious, why are you ex-law enforcement at 35? If you did 20 and out, you wouldn't be working 64-72 hours per week, your retirement would be helping you out...

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X