What Is Your Rank ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Is Your Rank ?

Currently My rank is Officer at this time. Currently im the only full time officer at my assignment. I have one part time officer that work 2 days a week etc. Our Ranks go Officer (Probationary Status for 90 days) then reg officer, sgt, Lt, cap and up etc. Our Patrol Supervisors are LT's and up. They are the shift commanders etc.

Stay Safe All

My rank with the company I currently work for is "patrol officer". The ranks start from lowest to highest with patrol officer, corporal, sergeant, staff sergeant, first sergeant, lieutenant, captain, major, and colonel. Similar ranks exist within the guard division of the company.
    "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Custom Protection LT....our company is broken into different catagories of officers based on experience and qualifications, not the best system but it works. I am a site supervisor over 6 Upscale Security Officers and one other Custom Protection Officer. In January I will be adding probably 6-8 CPOs.

Comment

Cool 1st watch.

I almost got hired on with a security agency for S/O for a patrol assignment. Its a big place they have well over 300 trailer houses single and doublewides I grew up in this place from time i was 4 yrs old on up. Its a nice area to patrol they get trouble every now and then but its no where near the trouble we have in the city i live in now lol. The reason they did not hire me is because im 23 and not 25. I guess some patrol car insurance thing. Aint that nice lol. I got a call from the security comp recruiter and he said how old are you again i said 23 he said that wont do. My reply was it wont do ? LOL. Cause im thinkin i have no crim record or anything i have some training & experience and im 23 and can pack a heater LOL. I may apply for it when im 25. I like to be moving i dont like to sit too much so i think i would like a big patrol area like that.

I dont think its a armed assignment but they do carry OC and a Baton and radio. And they issue tickets for certain parking violations in the park. I think if they get so many tickets the complex manager gives some sort of fine or somethin i dunno. And I have known the S/O to tell un ruly guests that they cant come back and if they do the sheriffs dept will come and arrest etc.

Stay Safe All

Comment

I am a Officer/EMT. We have ranks from CSO, Officer,Corpral, Sergant, LT. , Assistant director of security, Director of security.
          Robert
          Here endith the lesson

Comment

Originally posted by pfd1615
            Custom Protection LT....our company is broken into different catagories of officers based on experience and qualifications, not the best system but it works. I am a site supervisor over 6 Upscale Security Officers and one other Custom Protection Officer. In January I will be adding probably 6-8 CPOs.
            *adds some service marks to those titles*

How's Wackenhut where you are? I've heard good things and bad things about Wackenhut.
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I have worked for 2 different Wackenhut Area Offices. The one in Grand Rapids, MI I liked. No problems. This one well.................

Comment

Originally posted by S/O245
                Cool 1st watch.

I almost got hired on with a security agency for S/O for a patrol assignment. Its a big place they have well over 300 trailer houses single and doublewides I grew up in this place from time i was 4 yrs old on up. Its a nice area to patrol they get trouble every now and then but its no where near the trouble we have in the city i live in now lol. The reason they did not hire me is because im 23 and not 25. I guess some patrol car insurance thing. Aint that nice lol. I got a call from the security comp recruiter and he said how old are you again i said 23 he said that wont do. My reply was it wont do ? LOL. Cause im thinkin i have no crim record or anything i have some training & experience and im 23 and can pack a heater LOL. I may apply for it when im 25. I like to be moving i dont like to sit too much so i think i would like a big patrol area like that.

I dont think its a armed assignment but they do carry OC and a Baton and radio. And they issue tickets for certain parking violations in the park. I think if they get so many tickets the complex manager gives some sort of fine or somethin i dunno. And I have known the S/O to tell un ruly guests that they cant come back and if they do the sheriffs dept will come and arrest etc.

Stay Safe All
                __________________________________________________ _______________

The company I work for usually doesn't hire people into patrol under age 25 either. They say it's because of vehicle insurance, but the real reason is the average maturity of the individual applying for the job. Patrol is a completely different ballpark than working a post. Quick decision making skills, effective verbal mediation, and knowledge/proficiency of the written law come into play a lot more, as well as proficiency with navigating the map. Those skills come from a combination of training and experience. Certainly many 23 year olds could do the job, but that is just the employers preference.

Of course, what I mean by "patrol" is not just one place of assignment. For example, when I worked a post in Dallas I had one apartment complex with more than 4,000 units and I was supplied with a bicycle or a car depending on what was available. That was not actual patrol, but a large post.
                Patrol was assigned 85 such apartment complexes per zone and each officer was responsible for covering every single one of them and responding to any calls from them, actively looking for criminal activity, and issuing lease violation tickets for violations of property regs and non-arrestable misdemeanors. That type of position more closely matches LE's version of patrol.
                "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

I think it should go on how well the officer past training & experience he is. I understand them thinking that a 25 yr old might be better than a 18 or up yr old but i dont see it. Now im not saying that age may not help. It should be on his/her ability to handle the job and not age or other non jon reasons. I think the reason he wanted to bring me on was i had some prior training & experience and i grew up in the area. So i know all the streets and stuff. I know alot of people in the area. Some up to good and some up to bad lol. But its mostly a good area. But like i said i may apply for it when im 25 because i really love the city its got a great PD i know all the officers cause i was a Explorer with em 5 yrs i have known some of the officers all my life my dad was a deputy 11 yrs. The PD has a good responce time to 911 calls they had one of the best in the county. And like i said alot of good people and a few bad or a few bad ones travel into the city and the patrol assignment area.

When i moved to the bigger city i found out i hate it LOL. sirens going too much and bunch of other stuff. I was on the way to work one night and called out a poss fight. turns out two idiots were pretending but from the distance i could not really tell. I was driving down my street my house is on and i see someone laying on the ground i stop at the stop sign i was going to yell hey are you ok. But i decide to wait to see what the deal is first then i seen a male rounding the corner with a big stick this other male on the ground starts screaming no no no etc. then i called 911 and told the dispatcher what was going on then i left cause i had nothing to defend my self with for the guy is this was really somethin bad goin on. Well i came back around the area at the top of the street next thing i know i get pulled over female officer asked me why i came round 2 or 3 times etc. Then she ocne she seen my uniform she knew i called in the poss fight. A 2nd ofc pulls behind her and he tells me it was two people playing. Then i hear they had a drug bust bout to go down a radi with Swat and other officers so thats why i got pulled over. Then i said to my self i gotta move out of here. Too much stuff happens LOL. But even in this city where the crime rate is higher than where i use to live u have good people here to.

Stay Safe All

Comment

I work for two different companies. First: S/O & FTO Second: Chief Advisor
                    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Field Training Officer ? cool. I dont know if we have a rank like that or not. We have a person incharge of training that is a retired police academy commander. But im not sure if we have FTO's. Im not at the Office that much lol. Only when I need to be lol.

Stay Safe All

Comment

Field Training Officer ? cool. I dont know if we have a rank like that or not. We have a person incharge of training that is a retired police academy commander. But im not sure if we have FTO's. Im not at the Office that much lol. Only when I need to be lol.

Stay Safe All
                        Security companies can have just about any rank or title that dosen't have prohibited words in it. In Wisconsin, its perfectly legal to have the official title "Private Police Officer," for example. Most companies up here "Security Police Officers," etc.

In Florida, there is a list of prohibited terms in statute, such as 'police, patrolman, trooper, deputy,' etc. Yes, patrolman.
                        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

in Cincinnati they have Cincinnati Private Police Officers. As i understand it they have Police Powers im not sure if its just on duty or off duty but i do know they have private po's i think the reg cincinnati police depts cheif of police gets them sworn in. I think the private pd's site said they also work with Cincinnati Police Officers.

Oh while im on about the Cincinnati Police I think the old cincinnati city council is at it again. I guess from City Hall they want them to issue so many tickets parking speeding etc. If they dont they can be wrote up i guess a reprimand they can be put on desk duty or get this one they can be placed on foot patrol on a walking beat in a high crime area alone. That one pissed me off. I guess they placed a 7 yr vet on desk duty because he did not issue enough tickets. He came out with the story to the news and the FOP Cincinnati Lodge President a Sgt a 24 or 27 yr vet confirmed that yes the city has been known to place officers alone on a foot patrol beat. That is a office safety issue. What I dont understand how does city hall expect officers to write that much tickets when they know cpd is a busy area. They got drugs gangs etc. The FOP says City Hall is making speeding a number 1 priority.

I wrote e-mails to the Cheif of Police and the mayor and all council members asking them to stop putting officers in risk alone. The Cheif i think needs to get people behind him and stand up but he wont because he knows how the city council is. Can you think of being on foot patrol by your self in District 1 ? or others. Where you got the good old bloods and crips running around with knifes and any other weapon they get ahold of. This city council has failed us so many times they have really just lost my respect. When you start putting the men & women in uniform in harms way alone that pisses me off and i wont respect them intill they make a big change. The council always say crime crime crime. Problem is they only talk about stopping crime around election time. This story of what city hall is doing and has done in the past came 2 days after elections.

Stay Safe All

Comment

I'm a Patrol Officer and in the Navy I'm a Petty Officer 2nd cl***.

Comment

Currently My rank is Officer at this time. Currently im the only full time officer at my ***ignment. I have one part time officer that work 2 days a week etc. Our Ranks go Officer (Probationary Status for 90 days) then reg officer, sgt, Lt, cap and up etc. Our Patrol Supervisors are LT's and up. They are the shift commanders etc.

Stay Safe All

I work a Gate House (when I first got there they called it a Guard Shack - I told them the city dump has a Guard Shack - upscale communities have Gate Houses....haha). Since we're are strictly Access Control, they're trying to remove the "security" designation from everything there so as not to imply a security presence in the community (liability). In determining what we should be called, I suggested "gateboy."

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X