No announcement yet.

officer safety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when i detain i walk up and cuff um. i dont block em or any thing . i tell the put ur hands behind ur back if they dont i make them
    "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Comment

Originally posted by bigdog
      major furtick is a great guy. have u ever worked in our company
      Just about every post except Orlando.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

so u know gunnery sergeant larson?

Comment

when i detain i walk up and cuff um. i dont block em or any thing . i tell the put ur hands behind ur back if they dont i make them
          The question is, why are you detaining them? How much authority you have depends on what your detaining for. Talk to Training in the office on this.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

ok a felony ofense. we r told detain if possibble

Comment

so u know gunnery sergeant larson?
              You name someone who has been there before 1994, I know them or of them, yes.

Comment

sorry stupid question huh?

Comment

sorry stupid question huh?
                  Not really. Since this is a conversation, perhaps AIM would be more useful. We're spamming the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                    You name someone who has been there before 1994, I know them or of them, yes.
                    Were you familiar with Maximo/Leverocks during the great multiple robbery ere? We had excitement almost every night there.

Typical nightly conversation:

Me: "Which one do you want to chase?"
                    Other guard: "I'll take the one that ran into the marina."
                    Me: "Ok, I'll take the one that ran across the street (still on post)."
                    Other guard: If I don't catch mine, I'll grab that guy hanging out in the parking lot."
                    Me: "Ok, while you're out there, check to see if the lock on the back gate is broken yet, tonight."
                    Other guard: "Oh, christ, here comes Joe."
                    Me: "Let's act like nothing's wrong so he won't start shooting at stuff."
                    Last edited by UncleDooly; 11-15-2005, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleDooly
                      Were you familiar with Maximo/Leverocks during the great multiple robbery ere? We had excitement almost every night there.
                      I remember Maximo. I was ***igned there with Cory Schmitt. Before the maintenance staff broke our golf cart, the one that SPPD clocked at 42 MPH. Good times.

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                        I remember Maximo. I was ***igned there with Cory Schmitt. Before the maintenance staff broke our golf cart, the one that SPPD clocked at 42 MPH. Good times.

You mean the gas cart.
                        We had an electric cart and they broke that one... I didn't like the gas cart... couldn't sneak around on it.

I don't remember names well..... mine is Johnnie McCoy. We might have met.

...picture on my website (I didn't have the beard then)
                        http://www.awfullyfunny.com
                        Last edited by UncleDooly; 11-15-2005, 11:58 PM.

Comment

CIS and Change 493.org

This is going to backfire. I would like everyone to take a look at change493.org's newsletter.

This will be seen as a direct attack on sworn law enforcement officers (more realistically, their unions), and direct competition. If the FOP, PBA, and other police unions get ahold of this, they will craft a response.

Especially based on "the future," under the newsletter. These proposed changes grant authority to private citizens that private citizens do not have. They require to be sworn as peace officers, however, once someone is a peace officer under Florida law, they are required to work for the state.

This is the first step towards private law enforcement, sworn private law enforcement, and the taking of jobs away from law enforcement officers. There will be LEOs who are rabid over this.

Comment

i spoke with mr.lamarche they want us to be able to detain for misdemeanors write tresp***es an tickets under a licwense not necessarily as peace officers
                            Last edited by bigdog; 05-20-2007, 08:28 AM.

Comment

special officers dont have to work for the state thats why they probably wont use the term peace officer

Comment

i spopke with mr.lamarche they want us to be able to detain for misdemeanors write tresp***es an tickets under a licwense not necessarily as peace officers
                                Ok, first, you realize that this is political action by Critical Intervention Services, correct? That's either good, bad, or dosen't matter by who you talk to. However, what CIS is asking for are authorities that citizens in Florida don't have.

You may not detain for a misdomeanor. Why they're asking for detainment, and not arrest, I don't know, because there's no real law saying you can detain someone for ANY reason. Its English Common Law, and since they didn't p*** a legislation prohibiting it, you get to do it as an American Citizen.

You have this authority not because of your uniform or license, but because you are a private person subject to English Common Law. As the state says, you have no authority other than that of a private citizen.

What they're after is the granting of limited powers for licensed security officers, trained in specific powers and responsiblities to state requirements. Granted, I have no problem with this, as up here in Wisconsin, we can do all those things. We can write parking tickets, we can write tresp*** forms without LE intervention, we can make felony and misdomeanor arrests (not detainments), and can operate emergency vehicles on private property (Where state traffic code dosen't apply anyway.) Why can we do this? Because any private citizen can.

If this fails, learn from the mistakes that were made this time and seek to change the law yourself. Hopefully, though, CIS has a few politicans that they can count on, and some political clout again.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X