50.00%
    Arrested
    25.00%
    Blanket Party
    0.00%
    Cowardice On-Duty
    16.67%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Tennsix; 11-07-2005, 08:20 PM.
    I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
    -Lieutenant Commander Data
    sigpic

I personally voted that he should be fired. If any of our officers displayed the level of disrespect for others as he does quite frequently on these forums, I would simply terminate employment.

I feel that a vital aspect of being, or becoming, a professional in the private security industry is respect. Respect is only a part of it, but you have to show respect to LEOs. They can be your greatest ally, or your worst enemy. Of course, some LEOs will view security officers as nothing more than "wanna-be" police officers. It is our job, as security officers, to overcome that. The Mayor is simply one of those officers that gives the entire industry a black-eye. He reinforces the stereotypes that I for one have done everything within my power to overcome. The officers in my organization go through the most rigorous and in-depth training than any other private security agency in our state. With that said, The Mayor would of washed out on the first day.
    Last edited by davis002; 02-08-2006, 01:55 PM.
    "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by davis002
      I personally voted that he should be fired. If any of my officers displayed the level of disrespect for others as he does quite frequently on these forums, I would simply terminate employment.

I feel that a vital aspect of being, or becoming, a professional in the private security industry is respect. Respect is only a part of it, but you have to show respect to LEOs. They can be your greatest ally, or your worst enemy. Of course, some LEOs will view security officers as nothing more than "wanna-be" police officers. It is our job, as security officers, to overcome that. The Mayor is simply one of those officers that gives the entire industry a black-eye. He reinforces the stereotypes that I for one have done everything within my power to overcome. The officers in my organization go through the most rigorous and in-depth training than any other private security agency in our state. With that said, The Mayor would of washed out on the first day.
      You know, by the time I'm done, I want to be able to justify that training claim, as well. And publish the training standards openly, so that I can ask clients to ask their current provider not only for their training standards, but how they'll prove them.

I'm not quite sure how to vote, just yet. I'm going to have to review some of the Mayor's posts, and then get back to the voting. Then again, he is in the People's Republic of California, and who knows how they do things out there.

And The Mayor, please do not go ballistic in your reply to this thread. It just looks bad.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by davis002
        The Mayor is simply one of those officers that gives the entire industry a black-eye. He reinforces the stereotypes that I for one have done everything within my power to overcome. The officers in my organization go through the most rigorous and in-depth training than any other private security agency in our state. With that said, The Mayor would of washed out on the first day.
        You can say that again. Out of all the posts in here, The Mayor reinforces the impression of the flaky security guard.

Like I said in an earlier post, he is an embarrassment to the true professionals.

Comment

Originally posted by Zebra One
          You can say that again. Out of all the posts in here, The Mayor reinforces the impression of the flaky security guard.

Like I said in an earlier post, he is an embarrassment to the true professionals.
          To be honest, I'm not going to even attempt to counter that, as the posts speak for themselves. However, I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out what his demise will be.

Anyone have any suggestions as to sway me?

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
            To be honest, I'm not going to even attempt to counter that, as the posts speak for themselves. However, I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out what his demise will be.

Anyone have any suggestions as to sway me?
            Well, in one of his posts he thought it was funny when the wayward S/O engaged in a fist fight with the skate boarder. So, that would lead you to believe he is a believer in excessive and unwarranted force.

However, in another post he brags about two altercations he has been involved in, one in particular where he was shoved and utilized an "arm bar." Give me a break, he has not seen anything yet even remotely life endangering. Maybe he will go down for cowardice.

In one thread he brags about his verbal judo, which is necessary because he is shrimp, yet he claims to be the overweight 6'2" monster in another.

Well, this could lead a reasonable and prudent person to place their money that he will be terminated for being caught in one too many lies.

Of course, he is also extremely pugnacious in nature, so he might be terminated for insubordination.

That's it! He will be fired for a combination of insubordination and violation of integrity issues.
            Last edited by Zebra One; 11-07-2005, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Voted. The integrity issues warranted an "arrested."

Comment

Voted. The integrity issues warranted an "arrested."
                Hey, you are right. The clown also mentioned something about carrying a gun around with him in violation of CA state licensing regulations. He is going to get busted, big time.

Maybe while he is in the county jail, they can make him the hall monitor?

Comment

Sounds like he's the Mayor of Stupidville
                  [B]Security + Police = one good teamB]

Comment

Originally posted by ARealCop
                    You better watch out, that Mayor character is huge and knows how to put you in an arm bar!

Comment

Originally posted by ARealCop
                      In re: Sig.

Dealt with. Next subject? Seriously, though... That sig is somewhat inflamatory.

As far as The Mayor... You know, I forgot about that, Zebra One, your right. He IS carrying on a civilian CCW when his BSIS license takes precidence.

Comment

In re: Sig.

Dealt with. Next subject? Seriously, though... That sig is somewhat inflamatory.

As far as The Mayor... You know, I forgot about that, Zebra One, your right. He IS carrying on a civilian CCW when his BSIS license takes precidence.
                        Yep, he has got some major issues. Too bad they don't have the money to run him through a pysch evaluation before hiring.

I see great potential for him causing his employer a huge loss of money through vicarious liability.

I have a couple of buddies with SFPD, maybe I can have them check on the clown. He has given enough information to figure out a way to identify him.

Comment

Yep, he has got some major issues. Too bad they don't have the money to run him through a pysch evaluation before hiring.

I see great potential for him causing his employer a huge loss of money through vicarious liability.

I have a couple of buddies with SFPD, maybe I can have them check on the clown. He has given enough information to figure out a way to identify him.
                          Ah, the great words vicarious liability. You know, I know of quite a few companies who do a written psych as a condition of employment, after the conditional offer is made. Guess what? I'm thinking its a good idea, and that maybe I should look into factoring that cost in the startup fees.

If I can afford M4s, I can afford a paper punch psych eval. After all, if freaking WALMART is giving them... So can a security company.

Comment

Thanks for the support team!

I call BS on you...you will never know who I am unless I tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Mayor
                              Thanks for the support team!

I call BS on you...you will never know who I am unless I tell you.
                              Support is given to those who are acting professional. Your ... No, no, no, I'm not even getting into this. Someone find me a cop or a polaroid picture so I can write my trespass warning and go back to playing Doom 3 in the cruiser.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X