Securi-Maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
    êWe don't. The worse part is that the newspaper company PAYS the hotel somewhere between 3 & 7 cents per paper!
    We handle the newspapers here as a value added service too. Fortunately, we don't have as many as you.
    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

We did put our feet down on one point. They wanted us to put the papers in plastic bags & hang them on the door handles. I worked an overnight shift the week they asked us to do it. It took over an hour just to put them in the bags. Then they would slip off of the Bellboy cart as we were delivering them. We refused to use the bags. Management didn't say anything else
      I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
      Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Just this little statement in the contract sets you and your officers up for anything:

...... and other duties, which may be necessary during shift

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
          YOU LIVE!

And I need a few more characters.
          Yeah, I'm alive Nathan.

Between extra shifts, annual recert training classes, meetings, and personal life responsibilities I've not been keeping up.

Things are easing up, most of our recert classes are finished and now all I have to get ready for is the holiday rush.

Can't be rid of me that easily.
          "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Comment

I framed the picture today. Now I just have to hang it.
            Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

We used to have guys who when working in grocery stores would end up helping with shelf stacking during opening hours cos they were bored, near enough every store i go into on a saturday you can easily find the security officer cos he's the one taking all the empty baskets from the till to the entrance.
              It just seems to be the norm around here for the security to do extra duties, problem is it makes it hell for the next guy who comes in who rightly believes he is there for security reasons only.

Comment

Originally posted by guard3725
                We used to have guys who when working in grocery stores would end up helping with shelf stacking during opening hours cos they were bored, near enough every store i go into on a saturday you can easily find the security officer cos he's the one taking all the empty baskets from the till to the entrance.
                It just seems to be the norm around here for the security to do extra duties, problem is it makes it hell for the next guy who comes in who rightly believes he is there for security reasons only.
                I can definately say there have been sites I have worked graveyard where I was just so bored off my arse I would have loved to have had a mop or something just to kill off a couple hours. Only problem is that the co. we guard uses a private contract company for janitorial services so that would likely end up being a big contract issue. Oh well.
                "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Originally posted by guard3725
                  Don't forget. Our job is not ALL crime prevention. Accident prevention is also part of it. Carts left blocking the emergency exit can become a safety hazard & therefore something we can take care of. Also things like picking up the room service trays in the hallway of the hotel so people don't trip over them. These duties I don't mind, delivering newspapers I do.
                  I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                  Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
                    Don't forget. Our job is not ALL crime prevention. Accident prevention is also part of it. Carts left blocking the emergency exit can become a safety hazard & therefore something we can take care of. Also things like picking up the room service trays in the hallway of the hotel so people don't trip over them. These duties I don't mind, delivering newspapers I do.
                    Very good! It must be remembered that some bad guys place obstacles in strategic locations to block victims from escape.
                    Two Deputy US Marshals were on a floor of a hotel when bad guys tried that trick. The two badies died on that floor!
                    Enjoy the day,
                    Bill

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X