X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Originally posted by LavianoTS386
    I used to be on the look out for wheel chairs. Sometimes kids would take them and roll them down hills.

When I found a stray chair I'd throw it in the elevator and press the floor number...eventually it'd find it's way.
    You'd be fired for doing that in my hotel !

Leave a comment:

• LavianoTS386
    replied
    I used to be on the look out for wheel chairs. Sometimes kids would take them and roll them down hills.

When I found a stray chair I'd do one of two things: have switch board call the department and have them pick it up or throw it in the elevator and press the floor number...eventually it'd find it's way.

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Originally posted by GCMC Security
    now you get all the extra duties that come at a hospital, and there can be a few, some places you deliver the newspapers on the weekends, oh and my favorite wheelchair round up
    We have to do the newspapers every day A suggestion, "steal" some examining gloves & wear them while doing the papers, saves having to wash the ink off of the hands if you get a "real" security call while delivering them!

Leave a comment:

• GCMC Security
    replied
    now you get all the extra duties that come at a hospital, and there can be a few, some places you deliver the newspapers on the weekends, oh and my favorite wheelchair round up

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by cnick001
    Alas, no more barn painting for me, I jut got a new job at the local hospital. Hoorah!
    Don't worry, that barn will be painted eventually. Good for you, though.

Leave a comment:

• cnick001
    replied
    Alas, no more barn painting for me, I jut got a new job at the local hospital. Hoorah!

Leave a comment:

• hrdickinson
    replied
    I agree with N.A. Corbier!

Leave a comment:

• Apolo
    replied
    I should probrably do some checking then because my site is a bit unusual in that its not quite stationary at all times. i move around alot and don't have a hard copy of specific duty requirements. Mainly it was just enforce company rules and state laws. (like not smoking on property stuff like that)

Leave a comment:

• GCMC Security
    replied
    Originally posted by mh892
    Not sure about only in Florida......but......Crestview, Guard, $7.60. Checks paperwork, tarps, straps and loads on trucks at lumber yard. No experience required.
    My old stomping grounds lol Hmm bet I know the lumber yard too lol

Leave a comment:

• EMTGuard
    replied
    Apolo,
    The duties should be spelled out in your Post Orders. I've never seen a copy of a contract before but every post I've been assigned had a set of post orders assigned to it.

Leave a comment:

• Apolo
    replied
    I work for a contract security company and I've been told many times that we do NOT perform duties outside those specified in the contract for liability reasons. we are simply there to perform an assigned function and anything outside of that is the responsibility of the contract holder. although I do find it ironic that we are to only fulfill the assigned duties of the contract, yet we do not have a copy of said contract to find out what those duties are. stay safe

Leave a comment:

• mh892
    replied
    Not sure about only in Florida......but......Crestview, Guard, $7.60. Checks paperwork, tarps, straps and loads on trucks at lumber yard. No experience required.

Leave a comment:

• mike booth
    replied
    Only in Florida

Saw this add in the local classified, it isn't the first time;

Landscape/Security.....

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by EMTGuard
    I recently found out that we have been working without a contract for almost a year. The client just keeps sending the check to our company and nobody says anything different.
    That's good, and bad. The client could throw you all out tomorrow and there's no recourse on the part of the company to hit them with the termination verbage. Alternately, the company could drop them the next day and not have to pay any fines or fees that are written into contracts.

OR, alternately, the contract automatically renews, much like your cell phone contract will, at the end of term.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by HotelSecurity
    Like I said, I have never had to sign a contract when hiring an agency.
    At that point, you have them in a position of advantage, as you can make them do whatever you want and they have no recourse unless an account manager terminates the verbal agreement.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X