Disaster pre plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disaster pre plans

I was recently looking over my facilities Emergency response pre plans and found a subject for accidental or targeted missile attacks. Does anyone have this in there pre plans and if so how are you directed to handle that type of incident in regards to evacuation and mutual aide response from outside departments?

10 Steps

1 - Evacuate to a safe location, preferably underground
    2 - Ensure that first-aid supplies and trained responders are available
    3 - Have ample supplies of food and water on-hand
    4 - Have a transistor radio w/ fresh batteries to monitor emergency broadcasts
    5 - Have a chain-of-command directive in place
    6 - Be prepared to triage
    7 - Blankets, flashlights, sanitation supplies for 3 days
    8 - Stock duct tape and plastic sheeting in case missile contains chemical/biological agents
    9 - Drill regularly. Learn to duck and cover
    10- Kiss your butt goodbye
    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Actually, the Ministry of Defence had a wonderful series on how to build emergency shelters that were fall-out resistant using earthworks and home materials. They would take about 30 minutes to 15 hours to complete, and were categorized by warning levels.

The MOD series was universally hailed as "one of the starkest and most depressing looks at surviving a nuclear war," and included such topics as, "What to do with the dead," as well as "you will LIVE in this bunker. Make sure you understand this."
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I can honestly say Ive never had a site where we had "What to do in case of missile strike" post orders.
        "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
        "The Curve" 1998

Comment

If I should recieve any warning about incoming you will find me at home under the bed prior to its arrival. If I should recieve no warning (where I work????).....please send donations to.......................

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like that transistor radio isn't going to work if you are in a bunker or far enough underground to be safe from radiation.

Comment

20 inches of earthen material will lower ambient radiation to safe levels. They don't expect anyone to be radiation free unless they have a full blown bunker. Most people will construct (if they remember how from the 60s or are taught today) emergency shelters in the center of their house or apartment which limit radiation to safe levels.

Please don't ask me why I know so much about nuclear wars.
              Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Considering that I work on a missile testing range, we have such plans. No, I cannot discuss them.

Comment

I think if that were to happen I would have to say " I am JUST security" hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by cnick001
                    Maybe it's just me, but it seems like that transistor radio isn't going to work if you are in a bunker or far enough underground to be safe from radiation.
                    Plus the fact that an EMP burst would probably be planned into a full scale attack. There is another thread covering EMP bursts.

Time, distance, and shielding are the factors in surviving an atack whether it be Nuclear, Bio, Chem, or radiation.

Comment

Originally posted by ACP01
                      Plus the fact that an EMP burst would probably be planned into a full scale attack. There is another thread covering EMP bursts.

Time, distance, and shielding are the factors in surviving an atack whether it be Nuclear, Bio, Chem, or radiation.
                      The transistor radio was just part of my overall joke. The radio won't work and neither will just about anything else, which is why I said: "Kiss your butt goodbye" in step #10. Get it??
                      Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Ok, missed it being a joke.

Sometimes I kinda skim the threads when I don't have a lot of time and miss the theme. My wife says my mind is missing too but ......

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X