X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milwaukee man sentenced for killing security guard

Milwaukee man sentenced for killing security guard privateofficer.com

Posted: 03 Apr 2014 03:39 AM PDT
    Milwaukee WI April 3 2014 A Milwaukee man was sentenced to seven years in prison and five years on extended supervision for fatally shooting a security guard outside a north side tavern.

Read the rest of the story here:
    http://privateofficerbreakingnews.bl...eaking+News%29

I commented on this same topic on another security related forum that I belong to.
    WTF?? 7 years?? For shooting a man in the leg and letting him bleed to death while you run off like a coward???? He should have gotten ((((70)))).
    "Lo Que Sea, Cuando Sea, Donde Sea"

"Veni, Vidi, Vici!"

"Whatcha gonna do now, PL?"

"Strategy is the craft of the warrior. Commanders must enact the craft, and troopers should know this Way. There is no warrior in the world today who really understands the Way of strategy." Shinmen Musashi No Kami Fujiwara No Genshin

http://sentinelsofflorida.com/ is where I go for all of my Florida security info.

Comment

Originally posted by tacticalguy View Post
      I commented on this same topic on another security related forum that I belong to.
      WTF?? 7 years?? For shooting a man in the leg and letting him bleed to death while you run off like a coward???? He should have gotten ((((70)))).
      I agree, unrepentant scum!!! I wouldn't mind wrapping my fingers around his throat!

Comment

R.I.P. another case of the punishment does NOT fit the crime

A lot of LODD being reported for those of us in the beverage/entertainment niche of this Industry. Unfortunately clubs and bars still have the stereotypical bouncer image to the public and is probably the least mandated/regulated place in security. Majority of the public just see that some bouncer died, rather than a security guard who was doing his job.
        Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

Comment

I can tell you with certainty, that if this POS had shot and killed a police officer, he would not get just 7 years. He would either face life in prison or the death penalty. Why are security officers treated like less-than human beings? What a crock.

Comment

Milwaukee Man Sentenced For Killing Security Guard

Originally posted by c0187 View Post
            .....Why are security officers treated like less-than human beings?.....
            I would suggest you direct that question to the Wisconsin Legislature. If you get a reply, please post it here for all of us to read.

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/Pages/default.aspx

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/lfb/publi...ts/2003/53.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Jim1348 View Post
              I would suggest you direct that question to the Wisconsin Legislature. If you get a reply, please post it here for all of us to read.

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/Pages/default.aspx

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/lfb/publi...ts/2003/53.pdf
              I have often said the way to change these lax laws is when a politicians son is shot in the leg, and bleeds to death
              If the Senate President of the State Of Wisconsin had his daughter kicked to the ground by this POS he would be spending a lot more time then seven years in Wisconsin's Big House
              Last edited by copelandamuffy; 04-05-2014, 04:04 PM.
              http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

Originally posted by copelandamuffy View Post
                I have often said the way to change these lax laws is when a politicians son is shot in the leg, and bleeds to death
                Your right. We have the Light Rail. When it opened, we had transportation police, or police aides. Things were nice and safe. I didn't fear riding the Rail late at night. These guys had arresting power and a means to enforce the law.

Then the city decided to outsource security on the Light Rail to contract security companies. At the time, I rode the Rail everyday. After the switch, there was an immediate noticeable difference. Things were no longer safe. Assaults and theft ran rampant. I started to hate, HATE riding that thing. The people complained constantly. 90% of the contract security had been replaced by police aides once again.
                Last edited by c0187; 06-28-2015, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Your right. Here in Phoenix we have the Light Rail. When it opened, we had transportation police, or police aides. Things were nice and safe. I didn't fear riding the Rail late at night. These guys had arresting power and a means to enforce the law.

Then the city decided to outsource security on the Light Rail to contract security companies. At the time, I rode the Rail everyday. After the switch, there was an immediate noticeable difference. Things were no longer safe. Assaults and theft ran rampant. I started to hate, HATE riding that thing. The people complained constantly. Security was unable to do anything. No one feared them. Then one day, a government official from Scottsdale Arizona was on it. He was assaulted. He demanded immediate change! And change happened. Since the event, 90% of the contract security had been replaced by police aides once again.
                  Agree. There are places for contract security, and there are places where the police are required.
                  I have been on the band wagon for this for years. When the same politicians have to confront the same laws they pass, or laws that have no teeth, and then one day a daughter of theirs is raped, because the rapist is released on early bail, that law will change.

Most politicians do not ride Phoenix's http://www.valleymetro.org/
                  They do not ride Boston's http://www.mbta.com/
                  They are far removed from all this
                  Take the Phoenix police out of the transit system
                  Take Transit Cops out of Boston's subways
                  Then one day their niece is assaulted riding the light rail in Phoenix
                  Wanna bet the next day half the Phoenix police force is riding the rails
                  God when I see a politician I want to vomit
                  http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

And change happened. Since the event, 90% of the contract security had been replaced by police aides once again.
                    I thought security was being done by Allied Barton on the light rail? What difference does a police AIDE make? They can only make citizen arrests the same as a security guard in Arizona - sounds to me like the security guards were restricted from doing their jobs if they didn't make arrests and curtail the crime rate!

Comment

Originally posted by WatnNY View Post
                      I thought security was being done by Allied Barton on the light rail? What difference does a police AIDE make? They can only make citizen arrests the same as a security guard in Arizona - sounds to me like the security guards were restricted from doing their jobs if they didn't make arrests and curtail the crime rate!
                      From the sounds of it the police aides (by the way, I have never before heard that title for a position like that) were sworn in some capacity and could make arrests and issue citations.

I think that the authority that private security has (for the most part, "play by my rules or get off my property") is usually fine for places like shopping centres, retail stores, entertainment venues, etc. However, for places like transit, hospitals, schools, etc. where you usually can't just kick someone out for various reasons, a degree of law enforcement authority is needed.

Comment

I can tell you with certainty, that if this POS had shot and killed a police officer, he would not get just 7 years. He would either face life in prison or the death penalty. Why are security officers treated like less-than human beings? What a crock.
                        In all fairness, I don't think that it's a matter of security officers getting treated like "less than human beings". It's pretty much the same sentence he would have got had he killed almost any other human being, no more no less.

We recognize that LEOs, soldiers and emergency personnel are expected to put themselves in danger to perform their jobs, which is why we give them special protections, and when they are injured we honour them to a greater degree. Unfortunately, when a security guard is killed it's recognized as an unfortunate event, but not necessarily one that involved heroism or sacrifice. In many ways, we see it like if a pizza delivery person gets shot and killed, or a tree falls on a lumberjack.

Comment

Wondering

Do any states have a law on the book that makes it more severe of a punishment for killing a security officer? Where would I look?

I would be interested in contacting someone about it and seeing if she can look into a law about it???
                          I live in PA

Comment

Originally posted by WatnNY View Post
                            I'm not sure whom has the contract. But I think the contract is equally shared between Allied and G4S. Well police aides are not sworn in police officers, however, they do have the authority to make arrests and enforce transit laws. They work for the city within the police department. They also drive police cars and usually show up to crime scenes as second responder's to do crowd control.

Comment

Jstar,

No. Never happen. Why not extend it to pizza delivery, UPS, etc? There are already laws on the books.

Regarding the topic, you all seem to forget that one needs to prove INTENT to kill in order to have a murder conviction. This is probably about the best the DA could get, especially with a leg shot and a jury.

Comment

300x250

Collapse

Mid 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Super Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X