• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do security companies do this?

Security Officers Needed
    compensation: Starting at $24,960 per year

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/sec/4365072689.html

Lets copy and paste a police officer job description and police officer hiring process and qualifications; then pay peanuts on the dollar. I would also bet money that the security officers for this company don't do half of the things listed in the job description and the people who answer this will soon find themselves on midnight shift guarding an abandoned construction site

They are not asking you to do too much at $12.00 an hour are they?
    I read just a mere 1/4 of what they ask you to do, and I am already tired.

And considering this is New York, and near the New York, Connecticut
    state line where the cost of living is in the ionosphere, the applicant
    had better still live with Mom in the basement. No one could live on this chump change
    http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

They can't afford to live in Mom's basement. They are living an old wrecked car in Mon's front yard.
      Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
      CoAuthor - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Comment

Posting the salary as "$24,960 per year" is a lot better than saying "$12 an hour". But $12 an hour for armed? In New York? No way! And notice there's no company name!

Comment

Originally posted by WatnNY View Post
          Posting the salary as "$24,960 per year" is a lot better than saying "$12 an hour". But $12 an hour for armed? In New York? No way! And notice there's no company name!
          Mike:
          I agree. I checked out Securitas, Allied Barton, U.S. Security Associates
          No company name. Further no branch office as listed in New York State.
          These companies do list jobs at craigslist, but do name themselves
          $12.00 an hour in New York, and even in states with lower wages, good luck finding someone to work
          armed security.

BTW: Note to Curtis.. Mommy toed the 1999 Chevy Impala off the front lawn, so no sleep over.
          Last edited by copelandamuffy; 03-14-2014, 05:57 PM.
          http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

They can get away with it because there will always be some person who wants to play out their "being a cop" dream yet knowing that this is the closest thing to it they can get.

Comment

^^^^this!^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Soper View Post
                ^^^^this!^^^

^^^^I'm with these 2^^^^^
                Git'R'Done? Got'R'Did, Did'R'Good!

My (OIIIIO) won a war...Your [H] cuts my grass.

There is NO such thing as "routine."

Comment

I disagree with the above. The qualifications for this position are on par with mst police departments. Someone who could get t his job should be able to get into law enforcement.

Comment

Not if they can't pass the testing and background...

Comment

Testing, background or psych.
                      Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

Comment

Originally posted by zm88 View Post
                        Testing, background or psych.
                        Am I alone in thinking that a little background or some sort of psych testing wouldn't be a bad thing in the security industry? I know that it is required of armoured car officers, but I mean for unarmed hospital S/O's or Medic/Security or anything except guarding a house gutted by fire...It couldn't hurt, right? That way you can tell if your prospective employee may become a liability to the company in one form or another.

Comment

Costs too much for someone who will quit in a week and do it all over.

Comment

The MMPI for everyone? That would be expensive. It would be smart but, I don't see many companies forking out the money for that, even though, it would probably save money and headaches in the long run.
                            "Lo Que Sea, Cuando Sea, Donde Sea"

"Veni, Vidi, Vici!"

"Whatcha gonna do now, PL?"

"Strategy is the craft of the warrior. Commanders must enact the craft, and troopers should know this Way. There is no warrior in the world today who really understands the Way of strategy." Shinmen Musashi No Kami Fujiwara No Genshin

http://sentinelsofflorida.com/ is where I go for all of my Florida security info.

Comment

I suppose you are right, Soper & Tacticalguy, as far as full police-style background and psych tests go....But what about on a smaller scale? Some of us have psych first aid, which is to mental health as first aid is to medicine--just a thumbnail worth of skill given to us to manage a situation until the next level of care--why not do the same for management? Give them just the basic, rudimentary knowledge, a thumbnail worth of skill...I hope that came out relatively clearly, there's still too much blood in my caffiene system.

Comment

Taboola

Collapse

300x250

Collapse

Mid 300x250

Collapse

Super Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X