No announcement yet.

Title: Security Guard or Security Officer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security guard is best. Having said that there are times when one might refer to themselves as security officers. Such as in a report that will be reviewed in a court case. Juries find Security Officer much more professional sounding than guard and therefore might consider their testimony more credible.

Rick

Comment

But why is "Security Guard" best?

People assume that "officer" is some magical title. The only thing it means is "a person who holds a position of office." In this case, an employee who holds a position in a security company.

I don't see a large rush to rename Loan Officers "Loan Clerks."
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

A Gatekeeper

How about this position in central London; advertised salary was 17 to 18k (Sterling) PA.

Gatekeeper - Central London.

A trustworthy person is sought for the role of Gatekeeper. Controlling access of personnel and vehicles to Lambeth Palace. You will play a key role in a team responsible for the security and safety of the Palace. In addition you will receive and process telephone calls received outside office hours. An ability to work unsupervised is important. With three other gatekeepers the successful candidate will work a three-shift system between 06.00 and 00.00. Previous experience in security would be an advantage. For further information about the Church of England, please visit www.cofe.anglican.org

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier

People assume that "officer" is some magical title. The only thing it means is "a person who holds a position of office." In this case, an employee who holds a position in a security company.

I don't see a large rush to rename Loan Officers "Loan Clerks."
          My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

Who made your badge?
            Why, Cracker Jacks of course.
            Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

...... don't see a large rush to rename Loan Officers "Loan Clerks."
              Actually, there are loan clerks (clucks) In banking, the title officer means that the individual is at least an Assistant Treasurer or AVP. They rank higher than the "clucks."

Comment

What, no nameplate?
                Definitely need one of those and some collar brass that reads: CPO

Comment

We actually dont wear CPO tags on the collar. If we did, I would have them on, but we keep them bare unless you have rank. I actually wear LT bars at my site as I am the site supervisor, but I dont get to wear my CPO uniform out there so I dont pin em on.
                  "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                  "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Originally posted by Wackenhut Lawson
                    We actually dont wear CPO tags on the collar. If we did, I would have them on, but we keep them bare unless you have rank. I actually wear LT bars at my site as I am the site supervisor, but I dont get to wear my CPO uniform out there so I dont pin em on.
                    I wear SO on my collar, and my rank on my epaulets.

Comment

That would not be authorized on the CPO uniform.
                      "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                      "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
                        Same. Wore agency initials on my collar (SO is generic and some folks in white and green tried to make cases that it meant "Sheriff's Office" and order you to take them off, arguing with them meant arrest), and rank on the X of my epaulets.
                        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Same. Wore agency initials on my collar (SO is generic and some folks in white and green tried to make cases that it meant "Sheriff's Office" and order you to take them off, arguing with them meant arrest), and rank on the X of my epaulets.
                          Fortunately, the Sheriff's Department was disbanded in Conn. somewhere around 2000. Otherwise, I'm sure someone would make an issue out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
                            Here in Louisiana the SO on your collar would be illegal.
                            From http://www.state.la.us/osr/lac/46v59/46v59.pdf
                            Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Originally posted by EMTGuard
                              Here in Louisiana the SO on your collar would be illegal.
                              From http://www.state.la.us/osr/lac/46v59/46v59.pdf
                              Do they regulate your badge, other than the above?

Comment

Not according to the law as it appears at that site.
                                Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X