Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heres the pic...

I also updated the pic on the "Uniforms" Thread
    Last edited by Lawson; 12-31-2011, 05:37 PM.
    "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
    "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Nice picture. Looking sharp.
      Hospital Security Officer

Comment

What, no nameplate?
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Always did like W's uniforms for CPO's. But respectively I think thier badges are ugly. My nieghbor's son-in-law works for them at the JV center. I think he mentioned they look like something off of an old Studabaker.
          My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

Out here, you only wear a nameplate at specific sites. So, no, no nameplate yet. I really like the CPO uniform. I think it looks a lot more professional than the TSO/USO uniform.

About the badges I like them and dont like them... I wish we had something that was a little more common looking, but on the flipside I am glad we wear a real specific badge.. not something that you see on every single security company around here that says "SECURITY ENFORCEMENT OFFICER" Then has the Flags and bell symbol in the seal area.
            "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
            "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Originally posted by Wackenhut Lawson
              Out here, you only wear a nameplate at specific sites. So, no, no nameplate yet. I really like the CPO uniform. I think it looks a lot more professional than the TSO/USO uniform.

About the badges I like them and dont like them... I wish we had something that was a little more common looking, but on the flipside I am glad we wear a real specific badge.. not something that you see on every single security company around here that says "SECURITY ENFORCEMENT OFFICER" Then has the Flags and bell symbol in the seal area.
              hate. h8. h8 those damn SEO badges. They could look OK, but they're pressed nickel. They're mass produced the same way the crackerjack badge is.

Also, that's strange to me, the nameplate thing. Here's something funny: You must wear a nameplate on your uniform in Wisconsin. Outerwear better have your name on it, too.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

A couple WBCs I worked for used them. They didnt want to get badges with their Co. name on it because that would cost money... This is one of the reasons I like the TWC badge.
                "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Yeah, me too. Thanks.
                  Well, thats was strange. The Florida Office called wanting to know if I would like a CPO position. I had enquired some time back for part time. I asked a lot of questions. Holy crud! Two sets of applications, a 1,200 question test and another 100 page personal info packet. Plus a week of in-house class. One would think it was a position for LEO or FEDS.
                  My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

Well, I assume you meet one of the bolded quals... heres the text straight from www.wackenhut.com - Law enforcement experience
                    - Service in the Elite Military Forces, Military Police or combat arms
                    - Graduate of Police/Corrections Academy
                    - Criminal Justice Degree, Associate or higher
                    - Career Military

Pass the following, post-offer:
                    - MMPI - Psychological testing
                    - Physical Exams, if armed or required by client contract
                    "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Indeed, a lot of stuff there. The only thing I do not have is military but everything else I got.

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                        hate. h8. h8 those damn SEO badges. They could look OK, but they're pressed nickel. They're mass produced the same way the crackerjack badge is.

We have those mass produced, generic Security Officer badges too. I haven't worn mine in almost a month after the pin on the back came off. I told my site supervisor about it and he's taking his time getting me a replacement so I'm badgeless for the moment. Can't say I miss it.
                        Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Originally posted by EMTGuard
                          We have those mass produced, generic Security Officer badges too. I haven't worn mine in almost a month after the pin on the back came off. I told my site supervisor about it and he's taking his time getting me a replacement so I'm badgeless for the moment. Can't say I miss it.
                          Who made your badge?

Comment

Originally posted by Echos13
                            Well, thats was strange. The Florida Office called wanting to know if I would like a CPO position. I had enquired some time back for part time. I asked a lot of questions. Holy crud! Two sets of applications, a 1,200 question test and another 100 page personal info packet. Plus a week of in-house class. One would think it was a position for LEO or FEDS.

The only thing I dont like about the CPO position, is you can get it with a CJ degree. Unfortunately most CJ's amount to 0% street experience so you can know everything and the next about a law, doesnt make you a street savvy person. I did not actually meet a lot of the qualifications... I was recommended for a CPO position because I have been working my arse off for Wackenhut and they have noticed. The Office Trainer put in a recommendation for me along with a copy of some of my experience so I got it.
                            "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Heres the pic...

I also updated the pic on the "Uniforms" Thread

Jeezzzeee!!!!!!!! If you put glasses on you and I would be Identical!

Congrads on CPO! I know the feeling!

Comment

The only thing I dont like about the CPO position, is you can get it with a CJ degree. Unfortunately most CJ's amount to 0% street experience so you can know everything and the next about a law, doesnt make you a street savvy person. I did not actually meet a lot of the qualifications... I was recommended for a CPO position because I have been working my arse off for Wackenhut and they have noticed. The Office Trainer put in a recommendation for me along with a copy of some of my experience so I got it.
                                Hey if they saw you worked your behind off then thats good. At least they noticed! Can't say much from some of the other big companies I have enquired about. Indeed very few schools give any kind of decent hands on stuff with a CJD. The one I did attend I got lucky and had some hands on crime scene and advanced evidence detection courses. Makes me glad to hear that maybe some companies till have decent pursuits in the name of thier employees. From what I have understood getting a CPO title on your resume is nothing to turn your nose up at.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X