Title: Security Guard or Security Officer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    I'd have to say, that other than one of the elements of the crime "public disorderly", it would be a compound noun (Is there such a thing? ) instead of a title. I mean, you can have "Mr. Mother F*cker," but "Motha F*ucker Tennsix" dosen't sound right.
    His actual words were, "Here comes Mother F*ckin Last Name" I was in a downtown park when I someone in the crowd say that. It actually made my day.
    I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
    -Lieutenant Commander Data
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tennsix
      His actual words were, "Here comes Mother F*ckin Last Name" I was in a downtown park when I someone in the crowd say that. It actually made my day.
      Ah, yes. "The motherf*ckin POLICE," is funny enough, but "Its motherf*ckin <Last name>" indicates that they recongize, and most likely fear.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I prefer Top Flight as many people we have negative encounters with are quick to point out we are just security with no authority. It is funny how quickly that changes when they are in MY handcuffs as i teel them they are under arrest.
        Robert
        Here endith the lesson

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyhat
          ".............you can have "Mr. Mother F*cker," but "Mother F*ucker Tennsix" doesn't sound right."
          Excerpt from Mr. Corbier.

Wouldn't it be great if we could embroider "Mr. Mother F*ucker" on our company patch instead of SECURITY. How about that for our first line of defense?
          Shush, you, its hard to manually censor words after being up all night.

Also, Arff, you can't be Top Flight without the Whistle! I had someone call me Top Flight in the project. I had the whistle in my mouth, with my hand covering it. They never, ever, called me that again, because Top Flight got his whistle ... right next to your ear. Fox 40.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Alarm Response Officer
            Liability is never above officer safety. Do what you must to make sure you go home safe.

William-2, 10-6 for 105. Yep, I'm at Starbucks!

I may be gay, but I'll eff you up!

Personal Web Site

Cheap, Quality Web Design! Put a great cop on the beat by helping with my tuition! :-D

Comment

Sergeant/Security Police Officer III

Comment

Private Police Officer (Armed)

Private Protection Officer (Unarmed)

Comment

Reminds me of my EMS days. I hated when people called us ambulance drivers or ambulance attendents.
                  I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
                  -Lieutenant Commander Data
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tennsix
                    Reminds me of my EMS days. I hated when people called us ambulance drivers or ambulance attendents.
                    Driver.

If you were just the driver, you wouldn't need an EMT-B cert.

Comment

My official job title is Protective Services Officer II (or simply PSO II when discussed in-house). The clients we serve usually refer to us as guards or simply "security people", which doesn't really upset me that much. I do agree that "security" tends to bring up less respect in the public's mind. However, regardless of title there are things that can be done to earn respect. Uniform appearance and conduct on the job are the two largest factors in my opinion. Most of the people at my facility are very nice to the PSO's and treat us like a part of the workforce rather than low beings. Of course we have mature adults in our department who know their jobs and have the overall support of our supervisors/managers. We are mostly "observe and report" type officers and we are told not to engage in arguments/confrontations with employees. If somebody is disruptive they will be dealt with either by the management or by the local LE authorities.

To sum it up, my job remains the same regardless of what folks call me. I do think that the security field does need higher standards of training and screening.

Comment

Security Officer

The company I work for actually makes the decision for me, we can be written up for reffereing to ourselves or other officers as Security Guards. We are labeled Security Officers by the state DPS wear a shield every day to work. Which is fine by me I've been called much worse.

Were not real bacon were Sizzlelean.

Comment

We're called officers. Those on patrol are "Patrol Officers." Those on site are "Site Officers."

Washington State DOL refers to all of us as "security guards" though. Either way, I don't particularly care.
                          10-8

Comment

Getting the public to call us officers is like asking them to call the cops police officers. Some will but, like it or not, the majority will call us guards. Even in the program "The FBI Files", former NY FBI Assistant Director, Jim Calstrom, refers to us as security guards.
                            Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Call me either, as long as I get my paycheck.

Comment

I use Security Enforcement Officer as job title for security positions and other titles that are suited for that class of assignment.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X