X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wal-Mart Security Tases and Detains Robber

http://www.wkrn.com/story/24413538/r...suspects-crash

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -
    It was a wild ride in Antioch Friday morning after a security guard chased down two alleged robbery suspects.

It began at the Walmart located on Hamilton Church Road when the security guard saw two men leaving with a cart full of merchandise, presumably unpaid, just before 1 a.m.

The guard first attempted to stop the suspects in the parking lot. One suspect fled on foot and the other jumped into a gray Pontiac.

Clink on the link to read the story.

This post has been edited by SIW to comply with copyright laws.

Excessive I think. Since when does Walmart LP carry TASERs?
    "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

Comment

Contract guard perhaps?
      Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

Comment

Stupid. Just stupid. Almost killed over a cart of merch.

Comment

Sounds like it 'got personal' after suspect backed up car and pinned guard.

Once the guard had "his own reasons" I guess it would be OK for him to pursue suspect for said reasons.

What if he had been injured by suspect's use of car? Ain't like Walmart is gonna pay much, much less do much to capture suspect.

Now he can file lawsuit against some slum-rat for millions of dollars of "pain and suffering".

Comment

Originally posted by zm88 View Post
            Contract guard perhaps?
            Thats what I was thinking. Walmarts around my area dont contract security services.
            "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

Comment

Originally posted by Squid View Post
              What if he had been injured by suspect's use of car? Ain't like Walmart is gonna pay much, much less do much to capture suspect.
              Exactly!

It's hardly worth it...I don't incredibly agree with what the guard did professionally, as it says the guard caught up with him a mile away. The second the guy leaves property, that's it, he becomes the police department's problem...Security is an Agent of the Owner.

Having said that, like you stated at the beginning, Squid...It was personal being as the piece of trash pinned the guard with his vehicle, so I can understand the guy's mind set and have no problem with it on a personal level.
              World's Youngest Grumpy Old Man

AF&AM

Opinions expressed in my posts are mine alone and do not reflect those of my employer, the client, or SIW Forums (unless specifically stated for moderation purposes)

Comment

Originally posted by zm88 View Post
                Contract guard perhaps?
                Securitas was contracted, but maybe U.S.Security Associates.
                http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

Most stores like Walmart, Sears and Belks have in-house loss prevention here in Florida. Walmart does have a contract company that patrols the parking lots and perimeters. Mostly there to be seen, assist in information and help bring in shopping carts when the return bins get full. As far as I know they do not do anything in regards to retail theft or any problems in the parking lots. They are for O&R duties and nothing more. Where this guard was working and what the laws and or polices are I do not know.

But you can have retail security' when I was PD and had to transport some of these perps they had everything from shanks, box cutters and mace on them. A few LP personnel ended up going to the ER on occasion. These thieves are willing to cut you for some Nikes or an arm full of cheap shirts off the rack.

Over zealous, got personal or just stupid?

What was involved here I am sure will be figured out after the investigation.
                  My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

I've seen some instances where Walmart has hired contract security to work plainclothes in stores. When working contract they are required to follow the policies and procedures the same as in-house LP.
                    Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
                    Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Squid,

You are WRONG. It's not personal. Based on your postings, it's ok to do whatever you feel like, and not be responsible to your employer (or the public).

You are a walking law suit.

Comment

It has been pointed out a number of times to Squid that he is a walking lawsuit. I have serious doubts that he even works in the security industry.
                        Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
                        Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

I'd really like to know of this was a plain clothes LP staff or walmart or a contract guard that got involved.
                          Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

Comment

Originally posted by ContractSec Level III View Post
                            http://www.wkrn.com/story/24413538/r...suspects-crash

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -
                            It was a wild ride in Antioch Friday morning after a security guard chased down two alleged robbery suspects.

It began at the Walmart located on Hamilton Church Road when the security guard saw two men leaving with a cart full of merchandise, presumably unpaid, just before 1 a.m.

The guard first attempted to stop the suspects in the parking lot. One suspect fled on foot and the other jumped into a gray Pontiac.

Clink on the link to read the story.

This post has been edited by SIW to comply with copyright laws.
                            Top notch crime-fighting, that's all I got to say, carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by Squid View Post
                              Sounds like it 'got personal' after suspect backed up car and pinned guard.

Once the guard had "his own reasons" I guess it would be OK for him to pursue suspect for said reasons.

Now he can file lawsuit against some slum-rat for millions of dollars of "pain and suffering".
                              Agreed, brother, agreed.

Comment

300x250

Collapse

Mid 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Super Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X