No announcement yet.

Guardsmark? got some ?s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im confused. People are talking about Guardsmark benefits sucking but on their website it says they have free health care and such. Or at least the last time I checked their website that's what it said. The website also claims that it has the best benefits in the security industry.

I could see the best benefit thing being a lie but they can't lie about free health etc. can they?

I have applied with them before but never got any call backs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security View Post
      This is an accurate summary of Guardsmark. Like Nathan posted earlier, the quality varies based on the account manager/branch. I worked for them for a while, and I liked the following:

- Better than average applicant screening
      - Professional looking uniforms that are easily distinguished from the police
      - Decent hourly wage
      - Employee performance appreciation/recognition

That having been said, I disliked the following:

- Open book testing and widespread cheating on the monthly training tests
      - Too much focus on value-added services instead of their core business
      - A monthly newsletter that focused on the Lipman family and featured news briefs about the arrests of s/o's from other companies even though their officers have been arrested too.
      - A willingness to compromise security/safety standards in order to appease the client so that the account isn't lost.

I believe that Guardsmark was once a premier security company. However, IMO, the family management has lost its touch on the pulse of what is really taking place at the site level.
      I have never worked for them but I remember years ago when they were held in pretty high regard. I would suppose the same thing that affected the rest of the industry when all the mergers started has caught them as well. Mainly competition. In order to stay in business you have to get and keep contracts. Sometimes that means you have to cut profit margins or cut costs.

With all the Global Super Companies competing it is unlikey they can match their high volume and low profit margins. So they have to cut salaries and services to compete. Oh no, don't say cut overhead. We know that ain't happening.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lord of the Keys View Post
        I've been with Guardsmark for six years and all I can say is on the plus side is that they have always paid me.....
        Wow, it's pretty sad when the upside to working there is that they pay you or pay you on time..
        The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

www.patrol4u.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security View Post
          This is an accurate summary of Guardsmark. Like Nathan posted earlier, the quality varies based on the account manager/branch. I worked for them for a while, and I liked the following:

- Better than average applicant screening
          - Professional looking uniforms that are easily distinguished from the police
          - Decent hourly wage
          - Employee performance appreciation/recognition

That having been said, I disliked the following:

- Open book testing and widespread cheating on the monthly training tests
          - Too much focus on value-added services instead of their core business
          - A monthly newsletter that focused on the Lipman family and featured news briefs about the arrests of s/o's from other companies even though their officers have been arrested too.
          - A willingness to compromise security/safety standards in order to appease the client so that the account isn't lost.

I believe that Guardsmark was once a premier security company. However, IMO, the family management has lost its touch on the pulse of what is really taking place at the site level.
          Ok, i put this WAY above "dislikes". ANY company that would feature the arrests of an s/o from another company in its monthly newsletter is slime, and not worth working for, if thats a regular practice.

As far as a willingness to compromise standards, you show me a person who says that their client doesnt compromise standards, and i will show you a minority of security managers.

Value added service is a fact of life, and its that same VAS that allowed my company to take a very nice account from Securitas, because it is the client who decides what core service is really.

Open book testing or cheating on trainings is just stupid. thats shooting yourself in the foot, since training is everything, and if its just a dog and pony show, then you will lose accounts in short order

Im not employed by, nor do i know anything about guardsmark personally, so i want to add that before anyone thinks i am disagreeing with Mr Security, or even saying hes wrong, since this is all my opinion.

I think that most observe and report companies vary so widely by actual branch that its always going to be hard to lump them into one category, especially once they have numerous accounts.

I have worked at companies and gone from a site and a manager that were really bad, to a site and a manager that were pretty good, which shows that neither description accurately tells about that company

Comment

Wait a min, did I see "free Mediacal?" Count me in. LOL. I've only heard good things about this company.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X