NAPSOA National Message - Five Years Later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAPSOA National Message - Five Years Later

Some of you have already read this through the Yahoo Groups...
    Everyone,

We don't say, HAPPY Patriot Day because it is not a happy occasion. It is a day were we remember THEM.

Them are the 2749 souls that were at Ground Zero, the World Trade Center on that fateful day, September 11, 2001. Only 5 years ago that to many will seem like yesterday for the rest of their lives.

Them are the American workers that were doing the ordinary act of going to work and trying to do what they do, not worrying about being targets of a political agenda.

Them were the children putting their lunches in the classroom refrigerator and getting out their coloring books, blocks or toys to play and learn while their parents worked in the other floors of the towers where they attended day care.

Them were the Security Officers that stood their post doing their job where at the beginning of their shift may or may not thought that this day would be like most others. A day of the same duties of greeting and watching as people entered and exited the buildings.

Them are the terrorists, YES the terrorists, we need to remember them, blinded by hatred for anyone outside of their religion, their social group, their ideology. These people driven to a level of insane hatred to commit suicide and murder because of jealousy and rage brought to a boil by fundamentalists who promised favor from their god for a hideous act of bravery veiled cowardice.

Remember Them who are the Firefighters and Police that after the towers were attacked entered against the flow of human traffic to help, rescue and direct others to safety even in the face of death and self sacrifice.

Remember Them, the 40 Security Officers who followed their training and stood fast to the principles of protecting life and property and also directed the people of the towers to exits and safety because it was their duty as officers instead of running in fear as the average person. These 40 officers seldom recognized or mentioned for their bravery and self sacrifice are to be remembered as the other group of THEM who wore a uniform and did the job few would do or want. On that day the "rent a cop" the "wannabe" was right there in the thick of it all, performing their job, their vocation, their duty above all else in the safety of others.
    They deserve the recognition of all for the performance of the job and their efforts to save others before themselves as a personal choice without taking an oath for their office, just the impressive act of professionalism and dedication.

So today, please fly the flag of the United States of America at "half staff" for Patriots Day to remember THEM and to NEVER FORGET what happened then and with vigilance and dedication will never happen again.

God Bless those who died and continue to bless those who continue their vigilance against terrorist acts of the future.

Kevin Jordan, Security Officer, Patriot, American
    North American Professional Security Officers Association

The NAPSOA organization sponsors a website memorial dedicated to Security Officers throughout the world killed in the line of duty. We invite you to visit the site at www.napsoa.org and to use the link to visit the memorial and remember those that wear the uniform and died in the service of others.

This email may be reproduced and reprinted, recognition is requested for its origin to www.NAPSOA..org

Kevin Jordan, President

NAPSOA Group
    P.O. Box 841154
    Pembroke Pines, Florida 33084
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Message reported. How is this post any different from spam? You are trying to get the reader to visit another website where the visitor will be solicited to join that organization.

Comment

Well, for one thing they mistakenly use the words Patriot and Patrios interchangably. Today is Patriot Day, not to be confused with Patriots' Day which is on April 19. It doesn't help that our Moron-in-Chief wanted to honor those lost to the terror attacks on 9/11/01 by naming a holiday for them which sounds almost like the name of a already established holiday. What's next? Declare Declare August 30 Easters Day or July 15th Christmases? Well, it's better than Thousands of Civilians Killed Day. Maybe it's because I was part of the Militia movement back in the '90s and Patriots' Day was a big holiday for most Militiamen.
      More info on Patriots' Day- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriot's_Day
      More info on Patriot Day- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriot_Day
      Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Originally posted by EMTGuard
        Well, for one thing they mistakenly use the words Patriot and Patrios interchangably. Today is Patriot Day, not to be confused with Patriots' Day which is on April 19. It doesn't help that our Moron-in-Chief wanted to honor those lost to the terror attacks on 9/11/01 by naming a holiday for them which sounds almost like the name of a already established holiday. What's next? Declare Declare August 30 Easters Day or July 15th Christmases? Well, it's better than Thousands of Civilians Killed Day. Maybe it's because I was part of the Militia movement back in the '90s and Patriots' Day was a big holiday for most Militiamen.
        More info on Patriots' Day- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriot's_Day
        More info on Patriot Day- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriot_Day
        Is Patriot's Day a federal holiday? Never heard of that one before. Of course, most people have never heard of Patriot Day, and just call it 9/11.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
          Is Patriot's Day a federal holiday? Never heard of that one before. Of course, most people have never heard of Patriot Day, and just call it 9/11.
          Patriot's Day is not a recognized federal holiday, it's really only recognized in Massachusetts.

Apparently Patriot Day isn't a recognized federal holiday either, considering the college I work at couldn't be bothered to lower their flag to half-staff. I'm disgusted at the lack of respect they had by not doing it.

Comment

That's .. wonderful. Unfortunately, how many people knew to do it, or knew enough to call when it wasn't done?

Comment

That's .. wonderful. Unfortunately, how many people knew to do it, or knew enough to call when it wasn't done?
              I would have done it myself, but I didn't work today. I heard about it from a co-worker.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackhole
                I would have done it myself, but I didn't work today. I heard about it from a co-worker.
                True. I'm used to most flagpoles being secured with the lines in a lock box, and only facilities management having the keys. But the only place that really flew flags was run by retired AF people, and that flag flew half mast every 9/11.

Comment

From the link provided -
                  Patriots' Day (sometimes spelled Patriot's Day or without the apostrophe) is a civic holiday in the U.S. states of Massachusetts and Maine, and a public school observance day in Wisconsin.
                  Hospital Security Officer

Comment

True. I'm used to most flagpoles being secured with the lines in a lock box, and only facilities management having the keys. But the only place that really flew flags was run by retired AF people, and that flag flew half mast every 9/11.
                    As they should be, Patriot Day has been nationally recognized since October of 2001.

Comment

I say that Patriot Day should be the same as Pearl Harbor Day and it should not be a national holiday because it is a day of mourning for the victims. What say you folks?
                      Murphy was an optomist.

Comment

I don't believe it is a national holiday in the same sense that other holidays are. No federal facilities are closed, no one takes off work. It would be contrary to the idea of the "holiday" if people stopped working on 9/11.

Looking through my livejournal account, several people in various communities noted that they "do not give a f-" about 9/11, and wish it would go away.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X