Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security and First Response?

Hey Y'all,

I was just curious if anyone's primary duties included First Response as well as security? I remember when I was lurking, I saw one guy who worked at a Steel Mill who did both...Anyone else?

Stay Safe guys

1*
    World's Youngest Grumpy Old Man

D.T.O.M.!

August 22nd 1992--Never Forget.

I dont understand your question. In my opinion, and be definition, security officers ARE first responders.
    "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

Comment

I think he means medical responder?

Comment

I believe that is what he was talking about.

I never officially did security and first response together, but my site supervisors knew I was on the ambulance and they sent me down to the one medical call we had while I was working to size up the situation and start an assessment until the ambulance arrived.

Comment

I am a first responder to all emergencies in the hotel including fire & medical.
          I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
          Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

I am NOT currently, but at one point I worled at an auto manufacturer where we performed security, fire, and medical response.
            "What if this is as good as it gets?" ~ Melvin Udall

Comment

It's not that uncommon in the US, especially at large plants, factories, corporations.

Comment

I take it that this refers to actual fire/EMS duties. Its quite common around here for bigger industrial facilities to have their own fire departments (about 200 in total), and if they're outsourced they're usually outsourced to the security company in which case the firemen also act as security officers alongside the "dedicated" security staff.

Comment

We get a fair number of medical calls (slip & falls, drug and alcohol related calls) that we respond to. One of my guys is a paramedic but seeing how he's working Loss Prevention when he's with us it's more for as another poster said "assessment" of the patient if/until EMS shows up.
                  Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

Comment

Originally posted by Soper View Post
                    I think he means medical responder?
                    Yup, that's what I meant.

I am NOT currently, but at one point I worled at an auto manufacturer where we performed security, fire, and medical response.
                    Do a lot of auto manufacturers do Security/Fire/Medical or is it mostly Security, then a separate in-house fire brigade?

We just do Security and Medical (treat injuries and provide care at our level of training until EMS arrives), surface fires are handled by the local fire department, and naturally, underground fires that aren't extinguished by handheld extinguishers or the suppression system on the mining equipment is fought by Mine Rescue personnel. The only thing we do related to u/g fires is call-outs to Mine Rescue/Management, and release Stench Warning (Ethyl Mercaptan) manually should the auto system fail.
                    Last edited by UnsupervisedCanadian; 12-16-2013, 07:58 PM. Reason: clarity

D.T.O.M.!

Comment

Originally posted by PolarDeer View Post
                      I take it that this refers to actual fire/EMS duties. Its quite common around here for bigger industrial facilities to have their own fire departments (about 200 in total), and if they're outsourced they're usually outsourced to the security company in which case the firemen also act as security officers alongside the "dedicated" security staff.
                      Polar, one thing that I was surprised to find is that G4S provides firefighting services in certain parts of the world. I remember the first picture I saw of a G4S fire engine, thought it was a shop until I did some searching.

D.T.O.M.!

Comment

Originally posted by UnsupervisedCanadian View Post
                        Polar, one thing that I was surprised to find is that G4S provides firefighting services in certain parts of the world. I remember the first picture I saw of a G4S fire engine, thought it was a shop until I did some searching.
                        Over here I can at least name one dockyard where G4S is in charge of both security and firefighting. Securitas also has firefighting around here, most notably in the nuclear powerplants around here. Tried looking up one photo I've seen of a fire engine with a big Securitas logo but couldn't find it.

Comment

Originally posted by PolarDeer View Post
                          Over here I can at least name one dockyard where G4S is in charge of both security and firefighting. Securitas also has firefighting around here, most notably in the nuclear powerplants around here. Tried looking up one photo I've seen of a fire engine with a big Securitas logo but couldn't find it.
                          No kiddin? I never knew Securitas provided firefighting services. I'll hop on google and see if I can find a pic.

D.T.O.M.!

Comment

300x250

Collapse

Mid 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Super Leaderboard

Collapse