what would you do???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what would you do???

Recently I have had a woman(not going to call her lady) coming into the malll, this woman would easily be a size 16/18 and wears about a size 12 dress very lowcut and revealing As blokes go to walk past she moves her ankles outwards so they can see right up her dress where she has no underwear, all the time she is doing this she has a smile from ear to ear she even does it to blokes walking past with their girlfriends/wife. I banned her for 3months in front of the police but now that time is up and she is allowed back in. My question is if she has a top on how far down can the top be before it is classed as indecent. She wears it that low that all she has to do is hiccup and they are out. Any suggestions would be appreciated as this woman seems to be looking for a lawsuit or something as she is doing it again.

As to indecent exposure, contact a solicitor or your local police agency.

In most situtations, I wouldn't care about her unless someone complained. My moral standards have no bearing on the protection of life and property.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I'd take pictures & post them on the site here
      I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
      Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

If customers are complaining about her to Security then pass it on to Mall Management. As stated it is not a Security issue unless a fight breaks out between guys trying to get the best views.
        Agreed about the pics tho!
        Last edited by ACP01; 09-10-2006, 06:36 PM. Reason: deletions

Comment

trust me its not something you would want to see pics of. Customers complain about her everytime she is there and its only going to take her doing it to the wrong persons boyfriend/husband and she will get the crap kicked out of her in the mall.I rang the cops to find out what we can do and they put me on speaker phone and were laughing because they knew exactly who i was talking about, they then sent 2 probationary constables down to deal with her. The centre manager is worried that she is going to sue them if she gets banned for doing it. We assumed that if she was banned the first time she would stop flashing at people but it seems to be she loves the fact we know what she is doing.

Comment

As I said on my more serious answer which somehow did not get posted(?)

Have a plan of what you are going to do BEFORE people complain. Complains can cost businesses MORE than phyisical thefts. Our job is to prevent losses. Lawyers go to school to learn the law. One needs to be consulted.
            I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
            Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
              In most situtations, I wouldn't care about her unless someone complained. My moral standards have no bearing on the protection of life and property.
              Good point. You're not paid to be the mall's "moral compass."

Comment

Originally posted by Jackhole
                Good point. You're not paid to be the mall's "moral compass."
                Indeed. If she violates the dress code, which needs to be in writing, of the mall, as part of the mall's rules and policies, then have her ass thrown out. Not because she's "ew," but because she's a violator of the client's rules.
                Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Remove the bench, move the plants to block the "view", increase/decrease lighting. Offer a social worker name and address....or a find a date company.
                  CPTED
                  But I do like the above comment about pictures
                  Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
                  Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by ozsecuritychic
                    The centre manager is worried that she is going to sue them if she gets banned for doing it. We assumed that if she was banned the first time she would stop flashing at people but it seems to be she loves the fact we know what she is doing.

Sounds like you work fora westfeild mall.
                    Robert
                    Here endith the lesson

Comment

Originally posted by Arff312
                      Sounds like you work fora westfeild mall.

youre pretty close but the company owns more country malls and they are all called different things but owned by the same group.

Comment

How Awesome It Is To Find Other Mall Secuirty!

Originally posted by ozsecuritychic
                        Recently I have had a woman(not going to call her lady) coming into the malll, this woman would easily be a size 16/18 and wears about a size 12 dress very lowcut and revealing As blokes go to walk past she moves her ankles outwards so they can see right up her dress where she has no underwear, all the time she is doing this she has a smile from ear to ear she even does it to blokes walking past with their girlfriends/wife. I banned her for 3months in front of the police but now that time is up and she is allowed back in. My question is if she has a top on how far down can the top be before it is classed as indecent. She wears it that low that all she has to do is hiccup and they are out. Any suggestions would be appreciated as this woman seems to be looking for a lawsuit or something as she is doing it again.
                        As I said above.. Greetings Fellow MALL SECURITY!! LOL!! I wanted to meet other mall security personnel! Our jobs are challenging, and we have the widest variety of people interaction!

As I am sure you working for a mall, and Mall's do share similiar vested "Codes of Conduct", or rules, this lady is violating the "Innapropriate Dress Attire" Rule. At our Mall, we stack em! As I have delt with the very same issue on several occassions, and finding that a short term barrment holds no value to such individuals, sometimes a ZERO tolerance is just that... IE:

1st violation, 3 month barrment
                        2nd violation, of same behavior, displays a flagrant diregard for the malls policies, in which the barrment is doubled from the first violation (6 months for 2nd), and to add to it, Unde the Code of Conduct, other violations have occured, such as "Failing to obey the Directive given by a Mall Staff Official"= 3 additional months, "Behaving in such a manner that disturbs the peace and shopping enjoyment of other patrons"= 3 additional months, "Wearing sexually or illegally intentful attire"= 3 additional months, "Harrassment" (physically inciting behavior that can cause discomfort, fear, angst or anger from others)"= 6 addttional months.

Grand total for 2nd violation of original barrment, and other Mall Violations:
                        - 21 months!

Whenever you ban an individual, and you have even the slightest "incling" that they will be back shortly to violate more regulations, or their violation is hainous enough, stack the violations against them, and if you have barrment periods for each violation, add em up! This also assists you when it comes to Revocation/Reduction Reviews. A customer may feel "unfairly judges or barrred" and wish to go over your head. By adding violations up, you stack the deck against them for getting a complete revocation, and hindering their reduction request. It also looks very good in court when in front of a judge as a witness or other, that you may be! Make a "Ban Report", and attach it to their barrment notice you keep on file. This "report" is not your usual department document, but contains all the goodies, including the language used against you during contact, and other concerns or notices you have made during contact... Its a great refresher if it goes anywhere, and also gives your superiors something to read, that doesnt have to leave the department, as it is internal notes.

We implimented this, as to violators that did not comitt criminal acts which would warrant an incident report, but acted or responded with extreme measures, and would give me (the determining factor of barrment) a better look into what happened, instead of a one line statement. It svery nice to sit down and confront those later on with repeating exactly what they said or did in great detail.

Drop me a PM or something, if you ever need additional tips, tricks, and anything else to the Mall game.. I have had to get quite crafty dealing with these issues in this industry!
                        Deputy Sheriff

Comment

thanks for everyones input and especially mall directors. I actually write in my occurance books everything I do even the really minor things that i have to speak to people for because they get so much warning before being banned and it really helps. Something as simple as a girl taking photos of her workplace to send home to her parents turned out to be she had someone come in using those photos to rob the place, but because I wrote down who she was a her version of the story with an exact date and time she was arrested from my info because they had no idea before who did it.

Comment

Very happy to assist.. I enjoy mall work, and operations! Anything you need, as i am a big supporter of of our profession, please let me know!
                            Deputy Sheriff

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X