Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Securitas to hire 300 new officers in Minnesota in 2014.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Securitas to hire 300 new officers in Minnesota in 2014.

Yes that's right G4S loses contract for both Nuclear sites in MN & Securitas swoopes in and takes over! I guess it will be nice to have some new uniforms for the New Year

Good luck with that, cause you will need it with Securitas.

Comment

Originally posted by gorgor View Post
      Good luck with that, cause you will need it with Securitas.
      Welcome to the world of reality in private security
      Very much the norm. that the client, the customer, change security providers
      Even more the norm is the client, the customer likes the boots on the ground, the security
      guards out in the field, but has no good words for corporate security, and the branch office

I have been at the same industrial site for almost 10 years
      Client, customer has rave reviews for we the boots on the ground, the security
      guards out in the field, but we have changed uniforms numerous times
      U.S. Security Associates, Securitas,etc.
      Client, customer stated wages, and earned vacation has not, and will not change
      That's good enough for my Guards, and me
      http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

Given "the stakes" involved with the amount of 'material' at any nuclear power plant it is silly to have "private security" involved.

No private insurance will touch nuclear power plants with a 10,000 mile long pole. Consider that the reasoned opinion of the 'smart money', and that is just for purely accidental issues.

From a 'security' stand point, a nuke power plant is a whole different animal from Fort Knox. "Terrorists" might not be counting on making a clean get away and living to spend the booty on high living, which opens up their 'game' considerably.

A big chunk of Japan is now unusable and will be for decades, and that was for minor accidental problem, with most all safety features more or less working to mitigate releases.

Any 1/2 successful terrorist attack would be several thousand times worse and could make several large Midwestern states unusable.

Any nuke power plant should be ringed with several layers of our military's best tanks, AAA missiles, etc, especially since they got nothing else to do at present.

Lets remember that any private security guards are perfectly free to walk off the job anytime their 'risk/reward' personal equation tips the scale.

LAPD abandoned their posts, completely leaving helpless women and children to fend for themselves, during what could only be considered a minor barely a 'riot' of unorganized, untrained, unfocused rabble only after a few low end new TV sets, and any 'expert' would tell you LAPD is supposed to be all bad ass.

Comment

Yeaahhh... What world are you in?

Comment

I want some of what he is smoking

Comment

*shakes his head*
              A big chunk of Japan is now unusable and will be for decades, and that was for minor accidental problem, with most all safety features more or less working to mitigate releases.
              Where do you get your information? First of all, the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear facility is more than 30 years old. The reactors were built to the '52 Kern County earthquake standard which measured 7.3 on the scale. The 2011 9.0 earthquake created a 13 meter tall tsunami which overwhelmed the plant's seawall, as it was only 10 meters high. Additionally, the layout of the emergency cooling system was changed from the original plans which had been approved by Japan's nuclear regulatory council, NISA. They hid that fact, illegally. There was also a history of safety records being falsified at the plant. That plant was NOT in good working order, from a risk management POV. You need to fact check your info before posting, Squid.
              "Lo Que Sea, Cuando Sea, Donde Sea"

"Veni, Vidi, Vici!"

"Whatcha gonna do now, PL?"

"Strategy is the craft of the warrior. Commanders must enact the craft, and troopers should know this Way. There is no warrior in the world today who really understands the Way of strategy." Shinmen Musashi No Kami Fujiwara No Genshin

http://sentinelsofflorida.com/ is where I go for all of my Florida security info.

Comment

Interesting info, TacGuy, and I wonder WTF they would be going around illegally changing stuff, since I'd imagine they have something similar to our system of 'public regulated utilities' so those in charge can pretty much just ask for and get more money to handle any legit issues. I remember hearing about a "100year event seawall" and thinking they musta mistranslated the meaning of "100 year event" because my understanding is "100yr" means 50% chance it WILL meet or exceed that in 100yrs....like Russian Roulette with 3 of 6 loaded.

No, I don't know what % of 'material' was released in Japan or Ukraine accidents, but I'd guess it was under 5% of total at the plants, and I'd expect any 1/2 successful attack would have more like 50% released, and even timed right for winds to carry in the 'wrong' direction.

So that would be a much more important area to secure with real troops and firepower than any typical military base, even those with stocks of 'live' nuke bombs. I figure they can 'lock up' any A-bombs well enough that it would take a LITTLE doing to make the 'material' touch-off, and also lock them up well enough and have enough 'response' on the way that ESCAPING with any important objects would be impossible. You don't need to escape if you are a suicide terrorist cracking open a nuke power plant, you just need to jam up the works the right way and it will do the rest.

My point is it seems unbelievable that they rely on private rent-a-cops who can legally walk off the job anytime they feel like it, and I've never heard of any of what I'd consider appropriate level of compensation offered if their risk factor goes way up all of the sudden. As it stands IIRC its about $30/hr which is fine until it becomes $30/hr to stand in and 'take fire' for some cheesy MBA hiding in some off site office. IMO it should be $500K bonus if on duty during any attack besides liberal co-ed protesters, and $10 million life insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Squid View Post

My point is it seems unbelievable that they rely on private rent-a-cops .
                  Squid:
                  From all us rent-a-cops I hope your Christmas is filled with joy and happiness.
                  http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

Actually, some of us hope he goes somewhere else in the working world...

Comment

Securitas IS hiring soon!

Comment

Taboola

Collapse

300x250

Collapse

Mid 300x250

Collapse

Super Leaderboard

Collapse
                      Working...