Security Report

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Report

Look at this newstory & read the Security Report at the end of it. Let me know what you think. Well written, with lots of detail or well written with too much detail?

http://o.canada.com/business/canadia...capade-in-u-s/
    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Security Report

That report wouldn't be looked upon favorably in my area.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim1348 View Post
      That report wouldn't be looked upon favorably in my area.
      I haven't read it yet. However, can you expand on that statement a little bit more? What could of the officer done better or done less of?

Comment

One of the worst narratives Ive ever seen. I hate when people write their narratives like a grocery list.
        "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
        "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Poorly written.

Synopsis:
          Narrative:
          Additional information:
          Conclusions:

Just as a generic example.

Comment

Security Report

Originally posted by Lawson View Post
            .....I hate when people write their narratives like a grocery list.
            Personal preferences aside, I did take a class on report writing years ago that advocated for the "bullet format". In my area the police reports are generally prepared in a style that satisfies the county attorneys office for that county. The reason being, of course, is that they prosecute most felonies in the State Of Minnesota. So, generally the report is to answer the questions of: Who, What, When, Where, and How. Some officers/deputies/troopers/agents prepare the report in the first person and others prepare it in the third person. In either case it should essentially tell a story that is easy to read and understand.

I generally started mine with how I became aware of the situation. For example, did I respond to a radio call for service or did I view something? Mine often started something like this: "At 1545 hours on 10-17-2013 as I received a call from the communications center to respond to a burglary complaint....." Then I continue to tell the story on what I did.

In the report in the article I can't tell if the officer saw the action described or he is just repeating what he was told. Specifically, did he see Mike Wekerle drop his pants or did somebody tell him that?

If the intent of the report is to assist in prosecuting someone for a crime, then all of the elements of the crime need to be covered. In this case, I don't know if they were looking to charge Mr. Wekerle, but if they were, they really ought to make sure that all of the elements of the crime are considered.

If the intent of the report is something else, for example, satisfying management that the employees responded appropriately to an inappropriate action, then all of those things should be covered, too. Even in that scenario, the report still begs a number of questions in my mind.

Every area does vary somewhat, however, in how they want reports prepared. Perhaps this style works in that area. It would not work in my area, however.

Comment

It could be this is what would be called a "synopsis report." It summarizes what occurred, and then you attach witness statements (including the S/Os that responded). Some managers prefer the style, not wanting to wade through the narrative, i.e. "...as I rounded the corner coming out of the hallway I observed..." I agree, though, that if this is all there is lacks the essentials.

Comment

Security Report

Well, it IS better than the classic J.D. "Buck" Savage police report. Some of you guys must remember the, "Saw drunk. Arrested same." Young guys, Google "J D Buck Savage" and watch the YouTube videos. Sure, they are pretty dated at this point, but they were kind of funny back in the day!

Comment

This is a CYA report because he was a high profile guest.

I don't like it and he had unnecessary information. It was written For the sole purpose of ass covering. I wonder how other reports look?!

Comment

The problem is he doesn't show how he came to any of these conclusions on his list or how he followed up to mitigate the problems. If this ended up in a civil or criminal court, any good attorney could have this report excluded almost immediately based on lack of facts or is going to make the SO look like an idiot on the stand.
                    "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                    "The Curve" 1998

Comment

The (After Action Report) and the actions of the Security Officer, is nothing more then a FUBAR at best. IMHO
                      Pop Pop - It reminds me of an old statement by my Master Sergeant. "A Good Run is better then a Bad Stand".

Sec Trainer- Pop Pop: Hope you don't mind if I quote your Master Sergeant. He was a very smart man.

Pop Pop- Yes Sir, Thank you Senior Instructor Sec Trainer, hope you don't mind if I place your quote into my Signature?

Sec Trainer- Permission granted, recruit. Now, police the company area!

flat out cool..

Comment

Next report, Just the Facts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzHqvhziFOA
                        http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

Everyone seems to be missing the fact that the actual narrative doesn't start until page 6 of the report. The initial bullet-points are the abstract of the report and are exactly what they need to be. The actual narrative of the report, which is about 5 paragraphs long, with the exception of a few spelling and grammar errors, is not bad at all.

Comment

Those bullet points are terrible. It's a poor report.

Comment

Originally posted by combatcoastie View Post
                              Everyone seems to be missing the fact that the actual narrative doesn't start until page 6 of the report. The initial bullet-points are the abstract of the report and are exactly what they need to be. The actual narrative of the report, which is about 5 paragraphs long, with the exception of a few spelling and grammar errors, is not bad at all.
                              I could only access the first page when I first read this. Went back and saw theres extra pages, its much better after having read the actual written narrative.
                              "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Taboola

Collapse

300x250

Collapse

Mid 300x250

Collapse

Super Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X