This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with College Assignment

Hey guys, I am currently taking a course, CJS 250, which encompasses security practices, programs, personnel, and elements of physical security. I need to interview a "security manager", if someone could answer the the following questions I would really appreciate it.

1. Can you briefly describe your current position, its duties, and responsibilities?
    2. What is your hiring procedure like for personnel?
    3. Is there any type of pre-employment screening?
    4. What qualifications do you require of applicants?
    5. How extensive is the training period and process?
    6. What type of training manual do you use? What is included in this manual?
    7. What are some of the things included in your policy and procedures manual?
    8. How often is this manual updated?
    9. What kind of supervision or management do personnel receive?
    10. What kind of ongoing training or professional development do personnel receive?

Do your own homework. If you were one of my students, you would have failed this class.

Comment

The assignment may actually be for the OP to interview an active Security Manager and ask questions and write about his findings. I've given that exact assignment myself.
      Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
      CoAuthor - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Comment

As have I. It means to go out and interview, not post something on the net. That is laziness pure and simple.

Comment

While I agree a face to face interview would be far more beneficial, for some reason he / she may not be able to. Not to mention there are some fantastic people on this forum who have so much information and experience that he / she could benefit from.

Just my .02, yell at me if you desire
          "What if this is as good as it gets?" ~ Melvin Udall

Comment

That is true. Perhaps a better phrasing of yon request...

Comment

Originally posted by Soper View Post
              That is true. Perhaps a better phrasing of yon request...
              That I can agree with. Maybe provide us with some more information Bruins?

Comment

I also look at it from an OPSEC side. Why would I give tactical information to a complete stranger?

Comment

I could see your concern Soper, but reading the OP's questions, I could probably answer them all, using little more then what a website / interview would tell them.

I believe it's all for naught though, since the OP seems to have disappeared.

Comment

Bruins are you located in Boston?
                    Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

Comment

Originally posted by zm88 View Post
                      Bruins are you located in Boston?
                      The junior A Bruins?
                      Pop Pop - It reminds me of an old statement by my Master Sergeant. "A Good Run is better then a Bad Stand".

Sec Trainer- Pop Pop: Hope you don't mind if I quote your Master Sergeant. He was a very smart man.

Pop Pop- Yes Sir, Thank you Senior Instructor Sec Trainer, hope you don't mind if I place your quote into my Signature?

Sec Trainer- Permission granted, recruit. Now, police the company area!

flat out cool..

Comment

dude, just do what 'professional journalists' and 'respected academics' do 98% of the time.....

just MAKE IT ALL UP.

Start off with some BS about how some guy like "Soper" only agreed to the interview if you didn't use their real name because of all the 'tactical info' he was disclosing in this 'much sought after interview'.

Then read two short chapters of Studs Terkel's "Working" for award winning example of faking 'compelling interviews'.

Comment

Originally posted by Squid View Post
                          dude, just do what 'professional journalists' and 'respected academics' do 98% of the time.....

just MAKE IT ALL UP.

Start off with some BS about how some guy like "Soper" only agreed to the interview if you didn't use their real name because of all the 'tactical info' he was disclosing in this 'much sought after interview'.

Then read two short chapters of Studs Terkel's "Working" for award winning example of faking 'compelling interviews'.
                          I don't know whether to laugh or cry for you, honestly. You're able to argue your point very well when you want to so, you're obviously not uneducated but, you repeatedly make comments that make me question whether you're bi-polar or just a troll trying to start a fight for your own amusement.
                          "Lo Que Sea, Cuando Sea, Donde Sea"

"Veni, Vidi, Vici!"

"Whatcha gonna do now, PL?"

"Strategy is the craft of the warrior. Commanders must enact the craft, and troopers should know this Way. There is no warrior in the world today who really understands the Way of strategy." Shinmen Musashi No Kami Fujiwara No Genshin

http://sentinelsofflorida.com/ is where I go for all of my Florida security info.

Comment

Originally posted by tacticalguy View Post
                            I don't know whether to laugh or cry for you, honestly. You're able to argue your point very well when you want to so, you're obviously not uneducated but, you repeatedly make comments that make me question whether you're bi-polar or just a troll trying to start a fight for your own amusement.
                            Simple answer Tac.... It's just Squid.

Comment

Originally posted by Pop pop View Post
                              The junior A Bruins?
                              Haha, never know this is the interwebz.

I was gonna say, if Mr. BRUINS is from Boston area, id be happy to meet with you and answer your questions. I managed a disastrous site for about 6 years and implemented their whole department. Feel free to PM me
                              Sergeant Phil Esterhaus: "Hey, let's be careful out there.."

THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS WEBSITE/BLOG ARE MINE ALONE AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF MY EMPLOYER.

Comment

Taboola

Collapse

300x250

Collapse

Mid 300x250

Collapse

Super Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X