Small departments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small departments

Well here I am working the overnight shift on my day off on a long weekend! My Officer scheduled to work last night & again tonight. Did not show up. Did not call. Looks like I will be doing 12 hour shifts 7 days a week until I get someone else trained.
    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

That stuff really sucks, especially in such a small department.. Gotta get those higher ups to afford more hours on the schedule to get you some down time.. sheesh!

Not that we have a ton of hours, but if I ever loose somebody, even after hiring a replacement, the others have to fill in for the next 90 days while newbee is getting trained.. More hours please!
    Deputy Sheriff

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
      Well here I am working the overnight shift on my day off on a long weekend! My Officer scheduled to work last night & again tonight. Did not show up. Did not call. Looks like I will be doing 12 hour shifts 7 days a week until I get someone else trained.
      Been there; done that. Very frustrating indeed.
      Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Similar to the problem we have with the four of us who work as EMTs. One is in-house and three of us are contract. If one is out on vacation the other 3 have to juggle the schedule. Sudden illness or emergencies can result in only 2 of us covering 4 shifts. Lots of overtime potential but you get burned out quick.
        Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X