Ammo shortage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ammo shortage

At first I thought it was hype and the usual passing of talk. Well its pretty serious here. Lots of armed people going to 9mm now (at the last minute by the company) and it's really causing some problems for people who are qualifying and requalifying. So whats going on in your area?
    My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

9mm is scarce in South Florida. I used to be able to hit up my local Wal-mart for cheap Federal. Not any more.
    "Lo Que Sea, Cuando Sea, Donde Sea"

"Veni, Vidi, Vici!"

"Whatcha gonna do now, PL?"

"Strategy is the craft of the warrior. Commanders must enact the craft, and troopers should know this Way. There is no warrior in the world today who really understands the Way of strategy." Shinmen Musashi No Kami Fujiwara No Genshin

http://sentinelsofflorida.com/ is where I go for all of my Florida security info.

Comment

Originally posted by Echos13 View Post
      At first I thought it was hype and the usual passing of talk. Well its pretty serious here. Lots of armed people going to 9mm now (at the last minute by the company) and it's really causing some problems for people who are qualifying and requalifying. So whats going on in your area?
      If you check all the calibers they have in Florida for Security and LE you would think they could come up with
      few calibers making production faster?

10×22mm (.40 S&W)
      11.43×19mm (.45)
      11.43×23mm
      11.43×23mm (.45 )
      5.7×28mm
      9×19mm
      9×22mm (.357 SIG)

Reports are saying the military is buying lots of ammo............maybe thats some of the problem?
      I'm not exactly sure but it looks like .45 is more available than 9 or 38; why not add that to the calibers
      allowed in Florida for security?
      Last edited by sec-guy; 05-02-2013, 01:29 PM. Reason: more

Comment

DHS is buying like "trillions" of rnds of .40 HP, to "protect us".

Haven't seen handgun ammo at Walmart here in San Jose or Mtn View for months. Used to be mostly all well stocked all the time maybe two years ago. Even rare stuff like Sig357 or GAP45.

They still have decent rifle shotgun ammo stock.

Hard to find handgun ammo even online. I got a few boxes of assorted 9,40,357,45 new ammo I'd bought but didn't get around to shooting with other people's guns. Now I'm glad it got it. Any expiration date on factory American made ammo?

These guys are about only "in stock" online place I've seen currently, kinda expensive! http://www.ammoforsale.com/
        Last edited by Squid; 05-02-2013, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sec-guy View Post
          Reports are saying the military is buying lots of ammo............maybe thats some of the problem?
          I'm not exactly sure but it looks like .45 is more available than 9 or 38; why not add that to the calibers
          allowed in Florida for security?
          That's been an ongoing debate down here. The DOL promised that caliber expansion would happen in 2012, allowing us to carry .40,
          .45 and the Sig .357. Hasn't materialized, yet.
          Last edited by tacticalguy; 05-03-2013, 12:58 PM.
          "Lo Que Sea, Cuando Sea, Donde Sea"

"Veni, Vidi, Vici!"

"Whatcha gonna do now, PL?"

"Strategy is the craft of the warrior. Commanders must enact the craft, and troopers should know this Way. There is no warrior in the world today who really understands the Way of strategy." Shinmen Musashi No Kami Fujiwara No Genshin

http://sentinelsofflorida.com/ is where I go for all of my Florida security info.

Comment

Originally posted by tacticalguy View Post
            That's been an ongoing debate down here. The DOL promised that caliber expansion would happen in 2012, allowing us to carry .40,
            .45 and the Sig .357. Hasn't materialized, yet.
            Yes the wheels turn slow; maybe ammo shortage can speed up the process

Here is an account of a LEO that decided to reduce his caliber after an UGLY event; but he also opted
            for 3x the amount.
            Carry lots of ammo:
            http://www.policeone.com/police-hero...=6198334%2F%2F
            Last edited by sec-guy; 05-03-2013, 01:35 PM. Reason: more

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X