Combination in-house/contract department

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
    The answer might be in your response. You mentioned their reception by "the rest of the employees". All of the cases I'm talking about involve security duties that deal more with the public than with employees.
    The view held by all staff towards contract as carrying the same weight and authority as any in-house officer is one of the building blocks in giving the contract officer the confidence to move forward to deal with the public in the hospital setting - which is our prime contact group. Members of the public have found out when trying to "appeal" a decision made by a contract officer that what has been decreed shall be complied with. While the public may try and explain all they get told is that the decision of the officer enforcing the rules is non-negotiable - regardless of the uniform worn.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by aka Bull
      The view held by all staff towards contract as carrying the same weight and authority as any in-house officer is one of the building blocks in giving the contract officer the confidence to move forward to deal with the public in the hospital setting - which is our prime contact group. Members of the public have found out when trying to "appeal" a decision made by a contract officer that what has been decreed shall be complied with. While the public may try and explain all they get told is that the decision of the officer enforcing the rules is non-negotiable - regardless of the uniform worn.
      That's where the problems start, when the proprietary uniform starts overriding the contract uniform. Everyone there now knows that the contract uniform is "wrong" and "bad," and they don't have to listen to him anymore.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
        That's where the problems start, when the proprietary uniform starts overriding the contract uniform. Everyone there now knows that the contract uniform is "wrong" and "bad," and they don't have to listen to him anymore.
        I know that can happen Nathan, no doubt. My normal tactic when called to hear some "complaint" or "appeal" is to listen to the person and then explain to them that they need to deal with the contract officer - not me. Really gets them confused when I do that. I then have the contract officer step up and continue where he/she left off.
        "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Comment

And that's how it should be. But then, the only reason that your contract people aren't doing the same duties that your in-house people is the company absolutely fears direct interaction in safety issues.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X