Is Black Water a private security?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Black Water a private security?

Hi everyone i'm new here. Does anyone know anything about BlackWater? Are they consider a private security or are they much more then that. I'm interested in what they do base on the media coverage of them. As of now i'm a Federal Police Officer but want to expand my career. Any info. would be appreaciated.
    Last edited by FLEO; 08-30-2006, 02:32 AM.

That website will provide you (obviously) with all the needed info, but just a short answer; yes, Blackwater is a private security company. They have a lot of high-risk government contracts (including combat contracts) though.
    "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
    "The Curve" 1998

Comment

They're just a private security company with federal contracts, good media representation, and high hiring standards. Technically, they're being called a "Private Military Contractor," or PMC.

They're also not the only one.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Thanks for the infos guys. After reading through this forum i noticed that alot of LEO are looking down on SO's. Before i became a sworn FLEO i was once a SO when i was going to college for my BA. I have the highest respect for security, as they also have a tough job. It seems like no body appreaciates security these days. People should respect security more as they are also a first line of defense in crime. I give you guys alot of props. Be proud and stay safe.
        Last edited by FLEO; 08-30-2006, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Hey, can you say what agency you work for, and if its a full posting or a contract assignment with federal powers?

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I dont mean to sound negative about them, but towards the end of my third tour over there, Blackwater contracts started popping up, and from the issues I seen, I personally would not be interested in working for this organization. The cryteria is higher in the hiring, but that is background stuff, which left out one major factor that I observed, and thats common sense. If its small, has three forks sticking out of the sand, and doesnt look like anything else in that environment, dont play with it.. but that was only a few of the issues I dealt with them on.

Some say its the money, but honestly, IMO, I lived life, like life, and wouldnt put myself in those shoes, as I like to stay alive. Dont mean to be negative, just want to make sure you always check into things fully before going into something.
            Deputy Sheriff

Comment

Originally posted by Mall Director
              I dont mean to sound negative about them, but towards the end of my third tour over there, Blackwater contracts started popping up, and from the issues I seen, I personally would not be interested in working for this organization. The cryteria is higher in the hiring, but that is background stuff, which left out one major factor that I observed, and thats common sense. If its small, has three forks sticking out of the sand, and doesnt look like anything else in that environment, dont play with it.. but that was only a few of the issues I dealt with them on.

Some say its the money, but honestly, IMO, I lived life, like life, and wouldnt put myself in those shoes, as I like to stay alive. Dont mean to be negative, just want to make sure you always check into things fully before going into something.
              If I see something small with three forks sticking out of it... I'd wonder where the f- the ambush is.

Comment

Unless I am drastically mistaken the "3 forks" are detonator tongs on an anti-personel mine. Play with them and an ambush isn't needed.

Comment

Originally posted by FLEO
                  Thanks for the infos guys. After reading through this forum i noticed that alot of LEO are looking down on SO's. Before i became a sworn FLEO i was once a SO when i was going to college for my BA. I have the highest respect for security, as they also have a tough job. It seems like no body appreaciates security these days. People should respect security more as they are also a first line of defense in crime. I give you guys alot of props. Be proud and stay safe.
                  Thanks. It's encouraging to hear that.
                  Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

LOL.. And amazingly enough, the "Common Wealth" sees things with sense..LOL! Now why cant Blackwater staff see things this way?

Bouncing Bettys, as our opposing forces do not have to conform to the Geneva Convention rules of war... and with experience, shortly after the pop and boom, gunfire follows.
                    Deputy Sheriff

Comment

Originally posted by Mall Director
                      and with experience, shortly after the pop and boom, gunfire follows.
                      Exactly, as the reaction force is concentrated on the rescue and evacuation of injured soldiers. I don't know if this is still the case, i'm sure it is, but they can make money for capturing US soldiers... dead or alive.
                      "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

You want to play with a mine, play with it from a few hundred meters and practice your 203 skills.

Damn fools.

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                          You want to play with a mine, play with it from a few hundred meters and practice your 203 skills.

Damn fools.
                          Better yet Sir, practice it far far away from me! LOL!
                          Deputy Sheriff

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X