Crave: Guard vs. Skater (WTF?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bridgegate
    Very true, but I was speaking from the standpoint of actually arresting your perp... Oregon has established that for the sake of Officer Safety, consent isn't needed once the person has been placed under arrest for a crime the SO witnessed....
    Some of the rules Oregon has are ridiculous, but some of them are quite handy... they added one a couple years ago titled "Unlawful use of a laser pointer", which actually makes it misdemeanor to point one at anyone in uniform, whether they're LEO's or SO's... came in handy a few times with some juveniles who thought they were funny and didn't have to obey our commands

Now if only I could convince Washington to adopt a few of Oregon's laws, I'd be set... lol

Be safe!
    That's useful, indeed. In Florida, pointing a laser pointer at a sworn officer is a third degree felony. Anyone else is not a crime. Indeed, trying to take a sworn officer's weapon is a felony. Anyone else's weapon is theft.

Does Oregon have an actual private person powers of arrest statute? Alot of southern states don't - and reject common law arrest in favor of detention, while alot of midwest states seem to use the full Common Law definition - including arrest under color of law or authority liability to go along with it.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by Bridgegate
      "Unlawful use of a laser pointer", which actually makes it misdemeanor to point one at anyone in uniform, whether they're LEO's or SO's... came in handy a few times with some juveniles who thought they were funny and didn't have to obey our commands
      I like that law...wish we had that in California.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
      Working...
      X