Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother Sues Apartment Complex After Shooting

Orlando, FL:
    The mother of a 16 year old youth who was shot to death by security last year is suing the former owners of the apartment complex where the incident occurred. According to the story the guards in question opened fire after the 16 year old in the vehicle drove away from them and hit a parked car and a pedestrian. They claimed they believed he was going to hit them with the vehicle. They are both awaiting trial.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...tory?track=rss
    "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Oh, yeah. I remember reading about this. Because they were driving an unmarked Impala, wore the same color shirts as the local police, and were off duty reserve officers, the victim feared they were police officers and fled from their lawful police orders. He almost killed one of the passengers in his car trying to flee from the "police," then tried to run them over, and he was shot dead for it.

This all stems from the victim's belief that they were law enforcement officers, and if he knew they were "just security guards," he would of never fled in that fashion.

Yep. Because your a 16 year old dope dealer and you think I'm a police officer walking up to you, causing you to almost kill a man then me, I'm in the wrong.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

It seems to me the shooting would be justifiable considering they struck a motorist with their car. Most states would consider that assault/battery with a deadly weapon or attempted murder.
      "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

It supposedly was, but the argument is that their "impersonation" made the suspect believe he was facing official authority. That's a misdemeanor charge right there for both officers. Based on his belief he was facing official authority, he became a fugitive in flight. No, the concept of those security guards trying to protect the other man or arresting him for running the man over doesn't matter - only the police arrest in Florida.

The whole big thing here, and always has in this case, is that their uniforms and car were "too similar" to the local cops. In other words, they drove an Impala and wore light blue shirts. And they approached a drug dealer.

White guards do not shoot young black men in Florida. Its bad mojo.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I seriously doubt she'll win anything by filing that. I would like to be able to find out what kind of results this one has. If they've been cleared in a criminal court she shouldn't be able to win civilly either.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stWatch
            I seriously doubt she'll win anything by filing that. I would like to be able to find out what kind of results this one has. If they've been cleared in a criminal court she shouldn't be able to win civilly either.
            ??? What about OJ???
            I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
            Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
              ??? What about OJ???
              exactly what I was about to say :P
              "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
              Working...
              X