I got a promotion today at work!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a promotion today at work!

We're going through the process of switching from a security department to a combination department of security officers and peace officers. I put in for the position of peace officer and after a interview and exam process, I was selected for one of the openings!

I guess now that I'll be a peace officer, I'm "too cool" to hang out with you security guys. JUST KIDDING! My job won't be that much different, I'll still be doing the same old securing buildings, access control, preventative patrolling, etc. We'll just have the extra powers of detainment/arrest that are needed from time to time on the campus.

Well, enough about me, I just wanted to share the good news. Have a great night.

Congrats on teh new title.
    Hospital Security Officer

Comment

I remember that an administrator I talked to said that his agency was up this legislative session for peace officer status. I see the legislature agreed to it.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
        I remember that an administrator I talked to said that his agency was up this legislative session for peace officer status. I see the legislature agreed to it.
        Yes, special legislation was needed for this to happen. Of course, any agency looking to do what we did would need to have their own legislature passed - it's not just blanket permission for all colleges in the state. I'm not sure how many agencies put in for legislation this year, but I know ours was passed.

You can see online how all the legislators voted on the bill. I'm interested to know why certain legislators voted no. I was thinking about sending them each an email, but I really doubt they personally would respond. I'd most likely get some kind of canned response from an assistant.
        Last edited by Jackhole; 08-23-2006, 02:18 AM.

Comment

congrats. good luck to you!!

Comment

Congradulations.

I just got a call from the personel department of the Montreal police. One of my former employees is like you. She presently works as a Security Officer/By-law Enforcement agent for the transit commission. Their staff are being taken over by the police. She will be offered a position.
            I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
            Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Congratulations

Originally posted by Jackhole
              We're going through the process of switching from a security department to a combination department of security officers and peace officers. I put in for the position of peace officer and after a interview and exam process, I was selected for one of the openings!

I guess now that I'll be a peace officer, I'm "too cool" to hang out with you security guys. JUST KIDDING! My job won't be that much different, I'll still be doing the same old securing buildings, access control, preventative patrolling, etc. We'll just have the extra powers of detainment/arrest that are needed from time to time on the campus.

Well, enough about me, I just wanted to share the good news. Have a great night.
              Hey Jackhole,

Congratulations! Good luck! You provide hope to some of the guys in this forum that may feel (perhaps legitimately) that their future is dim.
              Richard Dickinson
              Dickinson Security Management Group, LLC
              DSMG Provides a Variety of Software Products and Consulting Services to the Contract Security Industry
              www.hrdickinson.com

Comment

Congrats on the promotion!

Comment

good luck with your new position, i wish you all the best. congrats!

Comment

Good job and congratulations, officer.
                    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Well, unfortunately the Governor vetoed the bill that would allow us designation as peace officers after it was passed through legislation. We have a republican governor and this was a public safety initiative, everyone thought he would approve it. So I guess I keep my same job until they figure something else out.

Oh well, such is life.
                      Last edited by Jackhole; 09-17-2006, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Sorry to hear the bad news. Hope everything works out.
                        Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X