X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Officer & Sheriff's Deputy Shot, Killed by Escaped Prisoner

Virginia Inmate Escapes Hospital, Kills Deputy | Officer.com 8/21/06

Escaped prisoner, cop killer, caught in Virginia | Policeone.com 8/21/06

Security guard killed, manhunt under way in Blacksburg | Roanoke.com 8/21/06

Va. inmate escapes after fatal shooting | boston.com 8/20/06
    "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Does Virginia have the death penalty? I might get some flack for this from any anti-death penalty advocates who may lurk this board, but this is quite possibly a good candidate for the needle or the chair.
    "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by davis002
      Does Virginia have the death penalty? I might get some flack for this from any anti-death penalty advocates who may lurk this board, but this is quite possibly a good candidate for the needle or the chair.
      May I suggest a method culturaly acceptable everywhere in the world but USA and France? PUBLIC LYNCHING OR FIRING SQUAD. I don't care who gets offended!

Comment

Originally posted by mh892
        May I suggest a method culturaly acceptable everywhere in the world but USA and France? PUBLIC LYNCHING OR FIRING SQUAD. I don't care who gets offended!
        There is no capital punishment anywhere in Canada.

Apparently studies showed that it did not deter murders, it is simply revenge. I say, what's wrong with revenge?
        I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
        Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by davis002
          I really hope there's no anti-death penalty nutjobs running around here...

Comment

Get him off my street first. Worry about what to do with the guy later.

Has this idiot been captured? I'm kinda burned out on the media in my inbox off this .....
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

My only beef with the death penalty is, thanks to all the frivolous appeals, it takes too long and in the process costs taxpayers to much.

Comment

suspect in killing of deputy and security officer is caught.
                "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Comment

Originally posted by bigdog
                  suspect in killing of deputy and security officer is caught.
                  Fantastic. Off to the needle we go!

Comment

Originally posted by CAR54
                    My only beef with the death penalty is, thanks to all the frivolous appeals, it takes too long and in the process costs taxpayers to much.
                    This man speaks the truth.

Comment

Guard Recalled as Kind and Selfless at Funeral Service

Richmond Times-Dispatch:
                      An article described the funeral of Derrick McFarland.
                      "Hours after uniformed police from many jurisdictions attended the funeral for Montgomery County Sheriff's Cpl. Eric E. Sutphin, hundreds joined friends and family of McFarland for a memorial service.

Family, close friends and dignitaries sat inside the small chapel of Horne Funeral Service while many more crowded an adjacent space -- packed to standing-room-only -- to watch on closed-circuit television."

The governor also spoke and had these things to say:
                      'Gov. Timothy M. Kaine noted how the similarities between McFarland and Sutphin -- as community servants, husbands and family men -- brought the locals together in a mysterious way to celebrate their lives.

And while most people don't do enough to thank police officers, McFarland went much further than that, Kaine said...

..."Derrick went far beyond 'thank you,'" Kaine said. "He didn't think about himself, he rushed to do what he could."'

http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=RTD/MGArticle/RTD_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1149190182577&pat h=!news&s=1045855934842
                      "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X