Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mall Director
    replied
    I have scheduled a trip this week to go there and check out their K-9 set up, and see what its all about. Hopefully I can gain some knowledge, and bring back some topcs to discuss with management!

Leave a comment:

• sgtnewby
    replied
    Originally posted by aka Bull
    Which hospital in Colorado?
    Banner North Colorado Medical Center
    Greeley, CO

Leave a comment:

• aka Bull
    replied
    Originally posted by sgtnewby
    Thanks for checkin!
    Yes they are on the list. The others in CA are Huntington Memorial, Riverside Community, and Scripps Mercy. I have heard that are some in Nevada and some in Texas that I haven't found yet. The way I look at it, is if I only knew of 5 hospitals a little over a year ago, and just found the 3 in Utah and 2 in Delaware 2 weeks ago, chances are that there are more out there still. I know I have found the only hospitals in Colorado, Oklahoma, Maryland, Arizona, and Michigan. The hospitals in those states have kept in contact with eachother and have not heard of any others. Arizona actually has competitions with eachother.
    Which hospital in Colorado?

Leave a comment:

• sgtnewby
    replied
    Originally posted by histfan71
    If these California hospitals are not already on your list:

Loma Linda University Medical Cener
    Pomona Valley Hospital

They both use K-9's
    Thanks for checkin!
    Yes they are on the list. The others in CA are Huntington Memorial, Riverside Community, and Scripps Mercy. I have heard there are some in Nevada and some in Texas that I haven't found yet. The way I look at it, is if I only knew of 5 hospitals a little over a year ago, and just found the 3 in Utah and 2 in Delaware 2 weeks ago, chances are that there are more out there still. I know I have found the only hospitals in Colorado, Oklahoma, Maryland, Arizona, and Michigan. The hospitals in those states have kept in contact with eachother and have not heard of any others. Arizona actually has competitions with eachother.
    Last edited by sgtnewby; 08-08-2006, 04:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    If these California hospitals are not already on your list:

Loma Linda University Medical Cener
    Pomona Valley Hospital

They both use K-9's

Leave a comment:

• Jackhole
    replied
    Actually, first of all I'm in Minnesota. Secondly, I have all of the hospital names because I have interviewed the K9 program coordinators at each of those facilities. If I were to list every hospital name I'd be typing for quite a while. You make it sound like I work for a WBS company. My power piont presentation is a lot more in-depth then what I have posted on this forum. And actually the Mall of America and Disney are relevant due to the fact that like my department, they also deal with a large public population, they are security and not police, and they are just as image consience as are administration. These k9's are not supposed to deter evryone from entering, just the criminal element.
    Then don't ask us if we know of any places that aren't on your list if you're not going to post the list.

Am I the only one who is having difficulty following the logic here?

Leave a comment:

• Bill Warnock
    replied
    I spoke with the regional director of the USPCA here in MN, and he had never heard of hospitals using k9s. If I can get my administration to authorize this, we would be the first in MN.
    D.
    I hope he touched base with national headquarters. If some of the other hospitals listed by our fellow posters have employed them, hopefully natioal would know. Look up national at USPCA. or the full name. Those guys are of tremendous help.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• sgtnewby
    replied
    Good website...
    www.bannerk9.com

Leave a comment:

• sgtnewby
    replied
    Originally posted by T202
    Interesting concept. I found this while checking the internet. Maybe this guy, since he sells dogs, can give you some ideas on your sales pitch to the hospital.
    Good luck.
    http://www.policedogs.com/hospital.htm
    I have actually spoken with Master K9, they sent me a quote and a list of referances. Thanks for lookin out!

Leave a comment:

• T202
    replied
    Interesting concept. I found this while checking the internet. Maybe this guy, since he sells dogs, can give you some ideas on your sales pitch to the hospital.
    Good luck.
    http://www.policedogs.com/hospital.htm

Leave a comment:

• sgtnewby
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill Warnock
    D:
    You might be one step ahead of me but have contacted the United States Police K-9 Association? They are a real source of solid information. They can also tell you what vets in your area are most intune with Patrol Dogs. You might find a vet or two who are special deputy sheriffs. They went through the whole nine yards. Some of them have even worked at the DOD Dog Center at Lackland AFB, TX.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill
    I spoke with the regional director of the USPCA here in MN, and he had never heard of hospitals using k9s. If I can get my administration to authorize this, we would be the first in MN.

Leave a comment:

• sgtnewby
    replied
    Originally posted by Jackhole
    Are you actually going to tell your audience the names and locations of the facilities you're talking about here?

Saying there's 6 K-9 units in the state of Utah isn't going to be all that convincing. Also, you should stick to just healthcare facilities. I doubt hospital administrators in WI are going to care very much about whether or not Disneyworld has K-9s or not.
    Actually, first of all I'm in Minnesota. Secondly, I have all of the hospital names because I have interviewed the K9 program coordinators at each of those facilities. If I were to list every hospital name I'd be typing for quite a while. You make it sound like I work for a WBS company. My power piont presentation is a lot more in-depth then what I have posted on this forum. And actually the Mall of America and Disney are relevant due to the fact that like my department, they also deal with a large public population, they are security and not police, and they are just as image consience as our administration. These k9's are not supposed to deter evryone from entering, just the criminal element.
    Last edited by sgtnewby; 10-21-2007, 11:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Warnock
    replied
    I have to give a presentation to the administration of my hospital in a week and a half, so I'm wondering if any hospitals not already on my list of 30 have their own k9 units. Thanks!
    D:
    You might be one step ahead of me but have contacted the United States Police K-9 Association? They are a real source of solid information. They can also tell you what vets in your area are most intune with Patrol Dogs. You might find a vet or two who are special deputy sheriffs. They went through the whole nine yards. Some of them have even worked at the DOD Dog Center at Lackland AFB, TX.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• Mall Director
    replied
    Definately keep us posted as to your results. Thats a topic I will be hitting this fall for our malls!!

Leave a comment:

• Jackhole
    replied
    5 in Michigan Total: 11 k9 units
    12 in Arizona Total: 33 k9 units
    5 in California Total: 15 k9 units
    3 in Utah Total: 6 k9 units
    2 in Delaware Total: 2 + adding 1 k9 units
    1 in Colorado Total: 1 k9 unit
    1 in Oklahoma Total: 2 k9 units
    1 in Maryland Total: 5 + adding up to 2 more k9 units

As a side note, these are not hospitals, but spots you wouldn't think security would have their own k9's; The Mall of America Security and Disney World Security.
    Are you actually going to tell your audience the names and locations of the facilities you're talking about here?

Saying there's 6 K-9 units in the state of Utah isn't going to be all that convincing. Also, you should stick to just healthcare facilities. I doubt hospital administrators in WI are going to care very much about whether or not Disneyworld has K-9s or not.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X