K9 Units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jackhole
    Are you actually going to tell your audience the names and locations of the facilities you're talking about here?

Saying there's 6 K-9 units in the state of Utah isn't going to be all that convincing. Also, you should stick to just healthcare facilities. I doubt hospital administrators in WI are going to care very much about whether or not Disneyworld has K-9s or not.
    Actually, first of all I'm in Minnesota. Secondly, I have all of the hospital names because I have interviewed the K9 program coordinators at each of those facilities. If I were to list every hospital name I'd be typing for quite a while. You make it sound like I work for a WBS company. My power piont presentation is a lot more in-depth then what I have posted on this forum. And actually the Mall of America and Disney are relevant due to the fact that like my department, they also deal with a large public population, they are security and not police, and they are just as image consience as our administration. These k9's are not supposed to deter evryone from entering, just the criminal element.
    Last edited by sgtnewby; 10-21-2007, 11:29 PM.
    Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Warnock
      D:
      You might be one step ahead of me but have contacted the United States Police K-9 Association? They are a real source of solid information. They can also tell you what vets in your area are most intune with Patrol Dogs. You might find a vet or two who are special deputy sheriffs. They went through the whole nine yards. Some of them have even worked at the DOD Dog Center at Lackland AFB, TX.
      Enjoy the day,
      Bill
      I spoke with the regional director of the USPCA here in MN, and he had never heard of hospitals using k9s. If I can get my administration to authorize this, we would be the first in MN.

Comment

Interesting concept. I found this while checking the internet. Maybe this guy, since he sells dogs, can give you some ideas on your sales pitch to the hospital.
        Good luck.
        http://www.policedogs.com/hospital.htm

Comment

Originally posted by T202
          Interesting concept. I found this while checking the internet. Maybe this guy, since he sells dogs, can give you some ideas on your sales pitch to the hospital.
          Good luck.
          http://www.policedogs.com/hospital.htm
          I have actually spoken with Master K9, they sent me a quote and a list of referances. Thanks for lookin out!

Comment

Good website...
            www.bannerk9.com

Comment

Originally posted by sgtnewby
              I spoke with the regional director of the USPCA here in MN, and he had never heard of hospitals using k9s. If I can get my administration to authorize this, we would be the first in MN.
              D.
              I hope he touched base with national headquarters. If some of the other hospitals listed by our fellow posters have employed them, hopefully natioal would know. Look up national at USPCA. or the full name. Those guys are of tremendous help.
              Enjoy the day,
              Bill

Comment

Actually, first of all I'm in Minnesota. Secondly, I have all of the hospital names because I have interviewed the K9 program coordinators at each of those facilities. If I were to list every hospital name I'd be typing for quite a while. You make it sound like I work for a WBS company. My power piont presentation is a lot more in-depth then what I have posted on this forum. And actually the Mall of America and Disney are relevant due to the fact that like my department, they also deal with a large public population, they are security and not police, and they are just as image consience as are administration. These k9's are not supposed to deter evryone from entering, just the criminal element.
                Then don't ask us if we know of any places that aren't on your list if you're not going to post the list.

Am I the only one who is having difficulty following the logic here?

Comment

If these California hospitals are not already on your list:

Loma Linda University Medical Cener
                  Pomona Valley Hospital

They both use K-9's

Comment

Originally posted by histfan71
                    If these California hospitals are not already on your list:

Loma Linda University Medical Cener
                    Pomona Valley Hospital

They both use K-9's
                    Thanks for checkin!
                    Yes they are on the list. The others in CA are Huntington Memorial, Riverside Community, and Scripps Mercy. I have heard there are some in Nevada and some in Texas that I haven't found yet. The way I look at it, is if I only knew of 5 hospitals a little over a year ago, and just found the 3 in Utah and 2 in Delaware 2 weeks ago, chances are that there are more out there still. I know I have found the only hospitals in Colorado, Oklahoma, Maryland, Arizona, and Michigan. The hospitals in those states have kept in contact with eachother and have not heard of any others. Arizona actually has competitions with eachother.
                    Last edited by sgtnewby; 08-08-2006, 04:09 AM.

Comment

Thanks for checkin!
                      Yes they are on the list. The others in CA are Huntington Memorial, Riverside Community, and Scripps Mercy. I have heard that are some in Nevada and some in Texas that I haven't found yet. The way I look at it, is if I only knew of 5 hospitals a little over a year ago, and just found the 3 in Utah and 2 in Delaware 2 weeks ago, chances are that there are more out there still. I know I have found the only hospitals in Colorado, Oklahoma, Maryland, Arizona, and Michigan. The hospitals in those states have kept in contact with eachother and have not heard of any others. Arizona actually has competitions with eachother.
                      Which hospital in Colorado?
                      "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by aka Bull
                        Which hospital in Colorado?
                        Banner North Colorado Medical Center
                        Greeley, CO

Comment

I have scheduled a trip this week to go there and check out their K-9 set up, and see what its all about. Hopefully I can gain some knowledge, and bring back some topcs to discuss with management!
                          Deputy Sheriff

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X