Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeff194307
    • Jun 2006

Mileage allowance

Does anyone know if Per Mar has a policy about paying mileage if officers use thier own vehciles at work?
    Murphy was an optomist.
  • Mr. Security
    • Sep 2005

I don't know the answer to your question. Nevertheless, if you are considering the use of your POV in the performance of your duties, you may want to check with your insurance company. My insurance is null and void if I regularly use my vehicle for business.
    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

• aka Bull
      • May 2006

Originally posted by Mr. Security
      I don't know the answer to your question. Nevertheless, if you are considering the use of your POV in the performance of your duties, you may want to check with your insurance company. My insurance is null and void if I regularly use my vehicle for business.
      To me it is just patently wrong to force officers to use their own vehicles in their work. It's putting them at more risk should an accident occur where the vehicle is damaged than any mileage reimbursement is going to make up for.

That and the idea of your insurance going up on you is wrong.

Companies that require this type of activity are just refusing to expend some of their precious bottom line.

I wouldn't do it.
      "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Comment

• ctbgpo
        • Jun 2006

In that situation, are you covered by workers comp if you get into an at fault (or any) accident while using your pov?

Comment

• aka Bull
          • May 2006

Originally posted by ctbgpo
          In that situation, are you covered by workers comp if you get into an at fault (or any) accident while using your pov?
          Generally, if you are performing required work for your employer then I would say yes. But workers comp isn't going to pay you for damages to your personal vehicle or keep your insurance rates from going up.
          "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Comment

• davis002
            • Nov 2005

I don't know much about Per Mar, but some security companies might reimburse you for mileage if you are working a temporary post that is more than an hour from your residence. As far as using your personal vehicle for work purposes (patrol), I can't think of any company that will reimburse you for mileage or expenses. It increases liability, and if the site requires a vehicle then they should provide one. If you get into an accident in your vehicle because you are driving around a parking lot when the company expects you to walk the lot, then it's your insurance and not theirs that will end up having to cover the damages.
            "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

• Jackhole
              • Apr 2006

No idea if that particular company reimburses, but it'll be a tax write-off at the very least.

Comment

• jeff194307
                • Jun 2006

I asked for another officer who would like to know what the policy is. By the way the company knows that we patrol with our vehicles because the site requires us to provide proof of insurance.
                Murphy was an optomist.

Comment

• Jackhole
                  • Apr 2006

Originally posted by jeff194307
                  I asked for another officer who would like to know what the policy is. By the way the company knows that we patrol with our vehicles because the site requires us to provide proof of insurance.
                  Sounds like a site I wouldn't enjoy working very much.

Comment

• N. A. Corbier
                    • Aug 2005

Did you inform your insurance company you are using your vehicle for commercial purposes? If you have an accident, even if you are not at fault, your insurance policy will most likely be terminated with no coverage.

You are violating your policy by using your vehicle for commercial purposes without having a commercial purposes rider on the insurance policy.
                    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

• Jackhole
                      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                      Did you inform your insurance company you are using your vehicle for commercial purposes? If you have an accident, even if you are not at fault, your insurance policy will most likely be terminated with no coverage.

You are violating your policy by using your vehicle for commercial purposes without having a commercial purposes rider on the insurance policy.
                      Good point, I forgot all about that.

Comment

• HotelSecurity
                        • Mar 2006

c. D-2, r.1

Décret sur les agents de sécurité

Loi sur les décrets de convention collective
                        (L.R.Q., c. D-2)

R.R.Q., 1981, c. D-2, r. 1; D. 441-84, a. 1.

ATTENDU QUE, conformément ê la Loi sur les décrets de convention collective (L.R.Q., c. D-2), les parties contractantes mentionnées ci-dessous ont présenté au ministre du Travail, de la Main-d'oeuvre et de la Sécurité du revenu une requête ê l'effet de rendre obligatoire la convention collective de travail intervenue entre:

d'une part:

Association provinciale des agences de sécurité (A.P.A.S.)

et, d'autre part:

Les Métallurgistes unis d'Amérique, local 8922;

4° «prime P-1»: avantage versé ê un agent ayant une formation spéciale pour combattre les incendies et qui, ê la demande d'un client, est membre de son équipe chargée de combattre les incendies;

5° «prime P-2»: avantage versé ê un agent détenant un diplôme de technique policière et dont le client en fait une exigence d'emploi; cette prime est également versée ê l'agent qui est autorisé ê délivrer des avis d'infraction et des constats d'infraction se rapportant aux infractions relatives au stationnement d'un véhicule ou ê celles prévues par toute autre loi ;

6° «prime P-3»: avantage versé ê un agent d'intervention affecté ê une institution ê vocation exclusivement psychiatrique, ou ê un département psychiatrique d'une institution ê vocation générale, ê un centre d'accueil de réadaptation de délinquants en vertu de la Loi sur les services de santé et les services sociaux (L.R.Q., c. S-4.2) ou en vertu du Code de procédure pénale (L.R.Q., c. C-25.1) et qui, dans l'exercice normal et habituel de ses fonctions, est appelé ê intervenir physiquement auprès des bénéficiaires; cette prime est également versée ê l'agent qui accompagne un bénéficiaire lors de ses déplacements ou ayant comme fonction la garde ou le transport de détenus adultes ;

7° «prime P-4»: avantage versé ê un agent détenant une attestation d'avoir suivi un cours de secourisme d'une durée minimale de 16 heures et dont le client en fait une exigence d'emploi;

8° «prime P-5»: avantage versé ê un agent affecté ê la tâche de signaleur routier, ê l'exception de celui régi par le Décret sur l'industrie de la construction (D. 172-87 [R-20, r. 5.1]);

9° «prime P-6»: avantage versé ê un agent travaillant avec une arme;

10° «prime P-7»: avantage versé ê un agent ayant besoin d'un abri et qui, ê la demande de son employeur, utilise son automobile ê cet effet;
                        4.07. Le taux horaire et les primes horaires auxquels ont droit les salariés sont au moins ceux fixés dans le tableau suivant:

[D-2R1#01, voir 2003 G.O. 2, 3328]
                        À compter À compter À compter À compter À compter
                        du du du du du
                        2003 07 30 2004 06 27 2005 06 26 2006 06 25 2007 07 01

Salarié de
                        classe A 12,00 $ 12,25 $ 12,55 $ 12,85 $ 13,15 $ ;
                        classe B 12,25 $ 12,50 $ 12,80 $ 13,10 $ 3,40 $ .

Primes :
                        P1* - P4* 0,30 $ 0,30 $ 0,30 $ 0,30 $ 0,30 $ ;
                        P2* 0,50 $ 0,50 $ 0,50 $ 0,50 $ 0,50 $ ;
                        P3* 1,25 $ 1,25 $ 1,25 $ 1,25 $ 1,25 $ ;
                        P5* 0,50 $ 0,50 $ 0,50 $ 0,50 $ 0,50 $ ;
                        P6* 2,50 $ 2,50 $ 2,50 $ 2,50 $ 2,50 $ ;
                        P7* 1,75 $ 1,75 $ 1,75 $ 1,75 $ 1,75 $ .

* Plus d'une prime ê la fois peut être applicable.
                        [D-2R1#01, FIN]

Sorry I couldn't find this in English but this is the contract that MOST contract security people are covered under in Quebec.

It says that the basic slarary is $12.25 per hour. To this you add 30 cents if firefighting is part of your duties, 50 cents if as part of your employment you have to have attended the 3 year college Police Technology program or if you issue parking or other tickets. You add another $1.25 cents if you work in a hospital or detention centre where you are required to intervene with people acting out. Another 30 cents if you have taken the 16 hour first aid course & it is part of your duties to provice first aid. 50 cents if you work directing traffic. $2.50 if you work armed. $1.75 if your employer requires you to use your car at work.

NICE!
                        I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                        Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

• aka Bull
                          • May 2006

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
                          c. D-2, r.1

Décret sur les agents de sécurité

Loi sur les décrets de convention collective
                          (L.R.Q., c. D-2)

R.R.Q., 1981, c. D-2, r. 1; D. 441-84, a. 1.

ATTENDU QUE, conformément ê la Loi sur les décrets de convention collective (L.R.Q., c. D-2), les parties contractantes mentionnées ci-dessous ont présenté au ministre du Travail, de la Main-d'oeuvre et de la Sécurité du revenu une requête ê l'effet de rendre obligatoire la convention collective de travail intervenue entre:

d'une part:

Association provinciale des agences de sécurité (A.P.A.S.)

et, d'autre part:

Les Métallurgistes unis d'Amérique, local 8922;

4° «prime P-1»: avantage versé ê un agent ayant une formation spéciale pour combattre les incendies et qui, ê la demande d'un client, est membre de son équipe chargée de combattre les incendies;

5° «prime P-2»: avantage versé ê un agent détenant un diplôme de technique policière et dont le client en fait une exigence d'emploi; cette prime est également versée ê l'agent qui est autorisé ê délivrer des avis d'infraction et des constats d'infraction se rapportant aux infractions relatives au stationnement d'un véhicule ou ê celles prévues par toute autre loi ;

6° «prime P-3»: avantage versé ê un agent d'intervention affecté ê une institution ê vocation exclusivement psychiatrique, ou ê un département psychiatrique d'une institution ê vocation générale, ê un centre d'accueil de réadaptation de délinquants en vertu de la Loi sur les services de santé et les services sociaux (L.R.Q., c. S-4.2) ou en vertu du Code de procédure pénale (L.R.Q., c. C-25.1) et qui, dans l'exercice normal et habituel de ses fonctions, est appelé ê intervenir physiquement auprès des bénéficiaires; cette prime est également versée ê l'agent qui accompagne un bénéficiaire lors de ses déplacements ou ayant comme fonction la garde ou le transport de détenus adultes ;

7° «prime P-4»: avantage versé ê un agent détenant une attestation d'avoir suivi un cours de secourisme d'une durée minimale de 16 heures et dont le client en fait une exigence d'emploi;

8° «prime P-5»: avantage versé ê un agent affecté ê la tâche de signaleur routier, ê l'exception de celui régi par le Décret sur l'industrie de la construction (D. 172-87 [R-20, r. 5.1]);

9° «prime P-6»: avantage versé ê un agent travaillant avec une arme;

10° «prime P-7»: avantage versé ê un agent ayant besoin d'un abri et qui, ê la demande de son employeur, utilise son automobile ê cet effet;
                          4.07. Le taux horaire et les primes horaires auxquels ont droit les salariés sont au moins ceux fixés dans le tableau suivant:

[D-2R1#01, voir 2003 G.O. 2, 3328]
                          À compter À compter À compter À compter À compter
                          du du du du du
                          2003 07 30 2004 06 27 2005 06 26 2006 06 25 2007 07 01

Salarié de
                          classe A 12,00 $ 12,25 $ 12,55 $ 12,85 $ 13,15 $ ;
                          classe B 12,25 $ 12,50 $ 12,80 $ 13,10 $ 3,40 $ .

Primes :
                          P1* - P4* 0,30 $ 0,30 $ 0,30 $ 0,30 $ 0,30 $ ;
                          P2* 0,50 $ 0,50 $ 0,50 $ 0,50 $ 0,50 $ ;
                          P3* 1,25 $ 1,25 $ 1,25 $ 1,25 $ 1,25 $ ;
                          P5* 0,50 $ 0,50 $ 0,50 $ 0,50 $ 0,50 $ ;
                          P6* 2,50 $ 2,50 $ 2,50 $ 2,50 $ 2,50 $ ;
                          P7* 1,75 $ 1,75 $ 1,75 $ 1,75 $ 1,75 $ .

* Plus d'une prime ê la fois peut être applicable.
                          [D-2R1#01, FIN]

Sorry I couldn't find this in English but this is the contract that MOST contract security people are covered under in Quebec.

It says that the basic slarary is $12.25 per hour. To this you add 30 cents if firefighting is part of your duties, 50 cents if as part of your employment you have to have attended the 3 year college Police Technology program or if you issue parking or other tickets. You add another $1.25 cents if you work in a hospital or detention centre where you are required to intervene with people acting out. Another 30 cents if you have taken the 16 hour first aid course & it is part of your duties to provice first aid. 50 cents if you work directing traffic. $2.50 if you work armed. $1.75 if your employer requires you to use your car at work.

NICE!
                          Wow. I like the shorter English version you gave.

Comment

• HotelSecurity
                            • Mar 2006

Opps. A slight correction. As of June 25 of this year the base salary was $12.85 not $12.25.
                            I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                            Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                            Working...