Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mall Director
    replied
    I know.. I was mostly just stating how frustrating some states can be to restrict civilian arrests or detourance. I also see the frustration in LE when all the help they could have, isnt there. My big opinion on it all, is a society needs to work together! Ohh well!

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Mall Director
    Yeah, thats why I couldnt work in a state that is so restrictive. Its almost like why the point of even having security? Too many people rely on Security to help them out, and I dont like not being able to help!
    To summon law enforcement, lower insurance rates, and provide a visible deterant to crime.

Anything else is powers reserved for the police.

Leave a comment:

• Mall Director
    replied
    Yeah, thats why I couldnt work in a state that is so restrictive. Its almost like why the point of even having security? Too many people rely on Security to help them out, and I dont like not being able to help!

Leave a comment:

• 1stWatch
    replied
    Originally posted by Mall Director
    ...You can bar him as well, but if this guy came onto my property again, I would arrest him immediately, especially after entering illegally after advisement of refusal (officer at the gate). You had him blocked in, so good job there.
    That is a sound course of action, but the only issue there is knowing the laws of the particular state in question. Many states do not allow a private person, property owner, or security to arrest a person for trespassing.

Leave a comment:

• 1stWatch
    replied
    Originally posted by Bridgegate
    Same in this neck of the woods... If someone tries to run you down, they're attempting to assault you with a deadly weapon... Deadly force would be justified...
    Same here, but the burden of proof lies in proving the driver's intent to hit you with the vehicle.

Leave a comment:

• kingsman
    replied
    If I had not been in the car and been able to back out of the way, I might have felt it necessary to shoot him. As it was, I was able to clear out of his way, did not feel my life was in danger, and had no need to shoot.

Leave a comment:

• aka Bull
    replied
    Ditto here in Colorado. the attempted assault places me in fear of serious bodily injury or death - deadly force authorized!

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    Same in this neck of the woods... If someone tries to run you down, they're attempting to assault you with a deadly weapon... Deadly force would be justified...

Leave a comment:

• T202
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    A vehicle is considered a weapon. There is no "attempted vehiclular manslaughter" in Florida, its all Agg. Assualt for the attempt, Agg. Battery for the connection.

Its also permissible to respond to Agg. Assault or Agg. Battery with lethal force in Florida.

Same in Michigan, also deadly force can be used if a vehicle is used as a weapon.

http://hollandsentinel.com/stories/0...0404001x.shtml

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Jackhole
    Perhaps I have a poor grasp on the law, or it's just vastly different in Florida, but could you explain how attempting to ram someone's vehicle is aggravated assault?
    A vehicle is considered a weapon. There is no "attempted vehiclular manslaughter" in Florida, its all Agg. Assualt for the attempt, Agg. Battery for the connection.

Its also permissible to respond to Agg. Assault or Agg. Battery with lethal force in Florida.

Leave a comment:

• Jackhole
    replied
    Originally posted by bigdog
    As soon as he tried to ram my vehicle .I would have called 911 with his license plate number in hand,thats aggravated assault a felony in this state. when they tracked him down off to jail he goes.
    Perhaps I have a poor grasp on the law, or it's just vastly different in Florida, but could you explain how attempting to ram someone's vehicle is aggravated assault?

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    Originally posted by bigdog
    As soon as he tried to ram my vehicle .I would have called 911 with his license plate number in hand,thats aggravated assault a felony in this state. when they tracked him down off to jail he goes.
    Agreed... Whether you're in a vehicle at the time or not, if he intentionally attempted to hit you with his vehicle that's felony assault, or assault with a deadly weapon... I'd be nailin this guy with everything...

Leave a comment:

• bigdog
    replied

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    This might be a tough one for you to get past your supervisor, but If I were on that gate I would have made my way to the nearest Magistrate, post-haste, explained to him/her the incident, and sworn-out a warrant/complaint against the driver.

You only need minimal information on the suspect. The driver will receive his summons to appear in court (no doubt a huge inconvenience for the repo-man), you will have to appear as well, of course. The prosecution may go forward with the charges, or at least in the case of nolo-pros the driver will face the judge and give his sincerest apology. If this is the drivers first time disregarding security direction, it will set up the case for the next time he pulls this bonehead move.

Whether or not charges are filed and/or adjudicated, that repo man will think twice about endangering the public and refusing to obey the sanctity of private property. At least, the one I'm working for anyway's.

Leave a comment:

• Mall Director
    replied
    I do not which state you reside in, but with myself and AKA Bull, the state of Colorado, If you give a verbal advisement that he is not to return, it is considered a Trespass Warning. You can bar him as well, but if this guy came onto my property again, I would arrest him immediately, especially after entering illegally after advisement of refusal (officer at the gate). You had him blocked in, so good job there.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X