Security/police video's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security/police video's

Is this allowed, thought it might be fun and also a learning tool.
    we deal with alot of skaters, so I like to see them get busted up and bloody.

lol

I was going to post that one, the guard goes a little far but the skater did touch him first. when I deal with them I ask them to leave and if they don't I go inside and call PD and have them arrested for trespassing.

http://media.putfile.com/hosting83
    Last edited by davido; 10-17-2005, 08:37 PM. Reason: add video

Comment

Ok i have a few problems with your original post. First off i used ot skate and BMX as a kid and guess what i was also a Police And fire Explorer captain. I have never been in trouble with the law and never disrespected any guard or any one. Niether did any of my friends. So your approach seems to be extremely hostile. If you like to see people get busted up and bloody maybe you should be working in a jail. I never get into fights with skaters or BMXEr etc... Most of them dont want to fight if you ask them not to skate on your property many will say ok and stop. I dont even kick them out i just tell them hey man you cant be skating on mall property. Many of them appoligize and leave on there own or they go into the mall and shop. You dont have to get confrontational with them all the time. Remember you are a security guard not a cop and just skateboarding is not a crime. If they are just riding through on the sidewalk not doing tricks leave them alone they will eave. If they are doing tricks then advise them they are not allowed to if they say **** off or something then escalate. But your attituide that all skaters are evil and so one as other posts have said will just get you hurt, sewed or fired. Please take into account that they are kids who are chosing a recreational activity rather then drugs. Also dont talk down to them treat them like adults. As some are I still ride a little amd im 20 if a guard gets a attituide with me i will take his name and badge number and call his agency. Remember you represent your company, clinent and all other officers so dont give a bad image.
      Robert
      Here endith the lesson

Comment

Originally posted by Arff312
        Ok i have a few problems with your original post. First off i used ot skate and BMX as a kid and guess what i was also a Police And fire Explorer captain. I have never been in trouble with the law and never disrespected any guard or any one. Niether did any of my friends. So your approach seems to be extremely hostile. If you like to see people get busted up and bloody maybe you should be working in a jail. I never get into fights with skaters or BMXEr etc... Most of them dont want to fight if you ask them not to skate on your property many will say ok and stop. I dont even kick them out i just tell them hey man you cant be skating on mall property. Many of them appoligize and leave on there own or they go into the mall and shop. You dont have to get confrontational with them all the time. Remember you are a security guard not a cop and just skateboarding is not a crime. If they are just riding through on the sidewalk not doing tricks leave them alone they will eave. If they are doing tricks then advise them they are not allowed to if they say **** off or something then escalate. But your attituide that all skaters are evil and so one as other posts have said will just get you hurt, sewed or fired. Please take into account that they are kids who are chosing a recreational activity rather then drugs. Also dont talk down to them treat them like adults. As some are I still ride a little amd im 20 if a guard gets a attituide with me i will take his name and badge number and call his agency. Remember you represent your company, clinent and all other officers so dont give a bad image.
        the skaters I come into contact with are skateing on private posted property,and it's posted in plain site and they know it, there is also an city ordinance, so for awhile I would go and say in a nice voice, there isn't skateing here you need to leave the area.... so I get the Skater attitude **** you etc etc.....So now I do it different. anywho they cause about 50,000 dollars damage a year to the granite around our property, and there are at leaste 5 skate parks in the area.

Comment

I know at least where i lived and maybe we were the minority when we were asked to not skate or ride someplace we simply left and found another palce to ride. We didnt give the **** you attitudie or anything but then again maybe we are one of the few. We were respectful and would often build our own ramps and stuff on our own property. Well my point is that not all skaters are evil and alot of times if you ask nicely they will leave. But there are those who need more then just asking to ge the job done.
          Robert
          Here endith the lesson

Comment

Originally posted by EMTFirefighter
            Watch this one, you can really learn something from it:

http://www.guzer.com/videos/guard_vs_skater.php

(I envision that this is the way "The_Mayor" acts. )
            I found this video useful the first time I saw it. Wasn't the guy just an idiot, the one who tried to put the armed (with a skateboard) skater in a headlock, failing miserably?

If your going to engage someone, for whatever lawful reason, know how to do it, and recongize that a kid with a skateboard is armed. That kid would of been a canidate for OC if he had to go, with me, but in that incident, he didn't have to go down yet.
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAHAHAAHAHAHA ROFLMAO...Thats a cool video

I didn't witness any misconduct on part of the Officer. Its all just your opinion that he was out of line.

Kicking skaters off of private property.....wow sounds like a dirtbag to me

I wouldn't have argued with them..if the skater touched me first.. then i would apply a wristlock, restrain him, and make an arrest. I'd love it if they were taping it....just documents that I was assualted first and that I defended myself.

Comment

It's official - you now have ZERO credibility here. Not that you had any to begin with...
                You wanna talk credibility? Are you an emt, a firefighter, a wannabe cop..a security officer what the hell are we even supposed to call you?!?!?!

Not to mention that you say that you dont "care" about your work!

Comment

I'm all of the above. EMT/Firefighter = volunteer. Aspiring cop
                  Oh yeah, so your just a superhero huh?! Fight fires, ride in an ambulance, secure property, enforce the law....yeah thats credible I beleive that

(Lord knows what yours are, making 10 bucks an hour working mall security at your age).
                  You already tried baiting me with that. I'll let you know.. I make $ 13.75 an hour...and I do my job honestly and I care...maybe I'm 'lil passionate about my work...but at least I care. You dont care... and you dont deserve your job.

I'm not going to try to be a cop until I finish my degree - something you'll never know about. Yes, college!
                  I'm in college j**k off. The only difference is that I do my homework when I'm at home...and I actually work at work.....give it a shot sometime.

Stealing someone's property when he had no right to do so,
                  Its not called stealing..and btw I dont know of anyone who has the right to steal. Its called "confiscation ". Look up the definition college boy.

pushing the skater and then punching the kid back when he tried to fight him instead of just restrain him? Those were all the right things to do?
                  I wasn't there..you were not there..none of us here were there. We saw a choppy videotape which did not capture everything. If the Officer beleived that he had to strike one of the subjects in order to neutralize him.. so that he could deal with the other subjects..then that is his discretion.

But here you are playing monday morning quarterback..blah..blah...blah your talk is cheap. If you actually dealt with perps more often...you would relate......but you.. No your off in some corner doing your math homework.
                  Last edited by The_Mayor; 10-18-2005, 08:21 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=The_Mayor]Oh yeah, so your just a superhero huh?! Fight fires, ride in an ambulance, secure property, enforce the law....yeah thats credible I beleive that [Quote]

Ok im gonna step in here and say this. I am a FULL TIME Firefighter and i work part time in security. Yes i will probasbly wind up being a cop and volunteer firefighter. Why becuase i enjoy both. Yes it is credible and i have the certs to prove it. You know what i am also excellent at both y you ask because i stirve to be the best i can at all i do so before you go saying that it isnt likely or credible for some one to be a firefighter and security think again. Am i trying to save the world no im trying to better myself for the carrers i adventually want. Dont take this as me taking sides i just dont think it is fair to critize someones choice of professions.
                    Robert
                    Here endith the lesson

Comment

You know, I'd comment, but its definately tl;dr.

There is only one thing I will note, though. Not all states require a square badge. (I had to look up what the hell state uses those things.) So, The_Mayor may not have a square badge to turn in.

That's about all I can comment on, because the rest of it is just argument.

On the other point, a security officer is a private citizen, and has no police power of confiscation. As I've said before, taking cigarettes from children, taking skateboards from "punks," both are petit theft, and the other person has the legal RIGHT to use force to retake them.

A good illustrative point is a disarm attempt. Police officers usually have a felony law stating that it is a felony to attempt to deprive them of their weapon or communication device. They may arrest on the spot for your attempt. PRIVATE CITIZENS, it is grand or petit theft ONLY, you have the right to defend yourself from the attack, recover your lawful property, and possibly detain the individual for the petit theft.

In Florida, guess what? You cannot arrest (There is no common law arrest, only common law felony detainment) someone if they try to take anything but your gun or radio. Why? Radio is felony theft, and the firearm is felony theft. Anything else, all you can do (until the new law) was recover your property then RETREAT. Now, you can stand there and beat them down till they give it back, I'm told.

Up here, in Wiscosnin, the definition of citizen's arrest is any ordinance violation, misdomeanor, or felony committed in your presence, about to be committed, or with the probability that they will recomitt it. (Which, in case law, several off duty police officers acting as private citizens used to arrest DUIs)

I'll quote something from spetactical over on officer.com: Always remember, you are one decision away from death, unemployment, or prison.
                      Last edited by N. A. Corbier; 10-19-2005, 01:18 AM.
                      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Yes, I know this. It was sarcasm. I work in a state where badges have to be square. We realize they look absolutely ridiculous, so we simply don't wear badges.
                        Your company probably has badges..they just dont want to embarass themselves and have you wear one.

On the west coast we have a higher minium wage..we even have a fast food restaurant where the starting wage is $9.25. Seriously, its called In-N-Out...if you lived here thats where you'd work.

I only say this to show that the cost of living is high is the Bay Area and I do make $13.75 an hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahhaahhahahahahaha

Comment

^^^ Agreed... that guard was WAY out of line with the comments he was making... if the caption at the top is correct "was fired for unprofessionalism", I'd be glad... THIS type of behavior is the reason that security gets such a bad rap these days... Unacceptable.
                          Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
                          Originally posted by ValleyOne
                          BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
                          Shoulda called in sick.
                          Be safe!

Comment

I don't work for a company, perhaps you've erroneously directed this comment to someone else?
                            Oh...ok so you dont work for a company because no security company will hire you...I cant say that I am surprised.

So this religous college just put a uniform on you..and... Abracadbra your a "security guard"?

Do you even have a certification?

It sounds like your more of a security secretary to me:..you never do anything.. no patrol...just sit in a booth....your just there to call the cops if something happens?

Sounds proactive to me.

Comment

You say that you dont deal with perps because its a religious college and the kids dont misbehave that bad. You never encounter any subjects? I mean: no drunks wander onto the campus and start trouble, no skaters ever...etc...

What goes on during your shift..is there anything that you have to deal with per se? I'm just curious..I mean, hey..if you dont have a lot of action thats kind of a good thing...means your more safe.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X