X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1stWatch
    replied
    Originally posted by Jackhole
    There's a difference between being held criminally liable and civilly liable. Ask O.J. Simpson.
    I can only speak of civil liability cases I've heard of. In many cases if a shooting was criminally justifiable and the suspect was not alive to testify, the possibility of a civil suit was diminished.

Leave a comment:

• Jackhole
    replied
    Originally posted by 1stWatch
    Dead men can't sue. Since the shooting was declared as legally justified I don't see that happening from his existing family, if any, either.
    There's a difference between being held criminally liable and civilly liable. Ask O.J. Simpson.

Leave a comment:

• 1stWatch
    replied
    Dead men can't sue. Since the shooting was declared as legally justified I don't see that happening from his existing family, if any, either.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    He'll probably get sued. Where are those junkyard dogs when you need 'um??

Leave a comment:

• Bill Warnock
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    This reminds me of the one guy who said, "You can't shoot a man for hitting you with a baseball bat." Obviously, in Robeson County, you can.
    Well said Nathan. A baseball bat or heavy flashlight can rearrange your grey matter can subsequent death. Fear for your life as a reasonably prudent man still stand tall before the bar.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by 1stWatch
    Maxton, SC:
    Robert Curtis Jacobs, a security guard at a junkyard, shot and killed Gregory Tyrell Butler after he caught the man breaking into a trailer at the site and was hit by the suspect with a flashlight. The Robeson County Sheriff's Office is saying they are not charging the security guard with a crime.

http://www.fayettevillenc.com/article?id=238249

Hooah. Good shoot.
    This reminds me of the one guy who said, "You can't shoot a man for hitting you with a baseball bat." Obviously, in Robeson County, you can.

Leave a comment:

• 1stWatch
    started a topic Security Kills Junkyard Burglar

Security Kills Junkyard Burglar

Maxton, SC:
    Robert Curtis Jacobs, a security guard at a junkyard, shot and killed Gregory Tyrell Butler after he caught the man breaking into a trailer at the site and was hit by the suspect with a flashlight. The Robeson County Sheriff's Office is saying they are not charging the security guard with a crime.

http://www.fayettevillenc.com/article?id=238249

Hooah. Good shoot.

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X