Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Kills Junkyard Burglar

Maxton, SC:
    Robert Curtis Jacobs, a security guard at a junkyard, shot and killed Gregory Tyrell Butler after he caught the man breaking into a trailer at the site and was hit by the suspect with a flashlight. The Robeson County Sheriff's Office is saying they are not charging the security guard with a crime.

http://www.fayettevillenc.com/article?id=238249

Hooah. Good shoot.
    "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Originally posted by 1stWatch
    Maxton, SC:
    Robert Curtis Jacobs, a security guard at a junkyard, shot and killed Gregory Tyrell Butler after he caught the man breaking into a trailer at the site and was hit by the suspect with a flashlight. The Robeson County Sheriff's Office is saying they are not charging the security guard with a crime.

http://www.fayettevillenc.com/article?id=238249

Hooah. Good shoot.
    This reminds me of the one guy who said, "You can't shoot a man for hitting you with a baseball bat." Obviously, in Robeson County, you can.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
      This reminds me of the one guy who said, "You can't shoot a man for hitting you with a baseball bat." Obviously, in Robeson County, you can.
      Well said Nathan. A baseball bat or heavy flashlight can rearrange your grey matter can subsequent death. Fear for your life as a reasonably prudent man still stand tall before the bar.
      Enjoy the day,
      Bill

Comment

He'll probably get sued. Where are those junkyard dogs when you need 'um??
        Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Dead men can't sue. Since the shooting was declared as legally justified I don't see that happening from his existing family, if any, either.
          "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Originally posted by 1stWatch
            Dead men can't sue. Since the shooting was declared as legally justified I don't see that happening from his existing family, if any, either.
            There's a difference between being held criminally liable and civilly liable. Ask O.J. Simpson.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackhole
              There's a difference between being held criminally liable and civilly liable. Ask O.J. Simpson.
              I can only speak of civil liability cases I've heard of. In many cases if a shooting was criminally justifiable and the suspect was not alive to testify, the possibility of a civil suit was diminished.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
              Working...
              X