Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Graffiti Issue, Ideas, help, suggestions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Mall Director

• Mall Director
    replied
    We know its gang related, as we are trained by the gang unit of our PD here, to help them with information on subjects that are gang related.

We can easily tell it is gang, as the text of writing is old century script, wording "S.U.R. 13", meaning this is the standard tagging of this gang, the "Surenio's", also known as the "South Side" gang, originally derived from the eMe, or Old Mexican Cliche.

We dont have a wide variety of gangs, but the ones we have are pretty real. Gangs in our area are the "Surenio's" (South Siders), "Nortenio's" (North Siders), E'ast Siders, San Juan's (derived off of Surenio's), and some ICP (Insane Clown Posse). These gangs of course tip to the left as common traits, and were identifiable military web belting an buckles, along with the color coordinations.

Leave a comment:

• aka Bull

• aka Bull
    replied
    Have you taken photos of the grafitti? How about running it through the local PD gang unit. They may able to give you the identity of persons known to use the tag (whether it's gang related, a tagger, or just a vandal).

Other than that I agree with Nathan. You're going to have to run a plain clothes detail for a while. Of course they'll have to check the bathroom after each person exits to see if it's been tagged so that you can quickly cath up with the perp.

To add to a plain clothes detail you could place a camera OUTSIDE the bathroom to be able to photo all who enter/exit. If you catch your tagger this would provide evidence of "means" to commit the vandalism. I would add that the camera needs to date/timestamp its recordings. Also the camera should not be able to view any area inside the bathroom that would be considered a privacy invasion.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    I wouldn't vasaline the stall walls. If I went into that head, and got lithium grease (always better than vasaline, btw) or vasaline on my sleeves, there would be hell to pay.

You're probably going to have to put one or two people plainclothes around the restroom area to catch the little gangbanger.

Also, have maintenance paint the stalls with vandal-proof paint. It will do them good in the long run. It makes it easy to clean.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    How do you know the graffiti is "gang related?" What exactly does the graffiti say?

Leave a comment:

• Mall Director

• Mall Director
    started a topic Graffiti Issue, Ideas, help, suggestions!

Graffiti Issue, Ideas, help, suggestions!

Now, I am sure we all have graffiti issues, one way or another. It is a pain in the "you know what" to deal with. It sets a bad image for our areas of operations, and makes others feel we are not dealing with an issue, even though we know otherwise.

Here is my problem, and this is tricky! Graffiti outside can easily be handled in detourance and apprehension.. My problem comes from inside my mall's public restroom facilities. How to catch a vandal who operates in a "private" area meant for otherwise business. I am tired of sending our janatorial staff in to clean it up, and doing all the reports on it. My superiors have stated that they want this individual(s) caught and punished severely. We believe it to be a single operating subject or duo, as it occurs in the afternoon time frame, in the males facility, and is "gang related" as it is the same gang tagging.

I have already thought about "vasalining" the walls of the stalls, where this happens, to contradict the ink from working, but catching this subject(s) would be aces for everyone involved, as it is continous and annoying. We already conduct regular checks, so upgrading checks would leave an officer FT in the outhouse! LOL!

Who has defeated this problem, or have ideas on how to?

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X