Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Graffiti Issue, Ideas, help, suggestions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mall Director
    Yeah, the hardest part, is the grout in between the tiles, as we have tiled walls.

I am just fed up with it though. We have gotten a reputation for explelling gangs, and our Surenio's are the biggest problem around my area. There are so many, and of such a variety. We have been trying to get the message out that they are not welcome here. It has worked for the most part, but this little reminder that pops up is even making my superiors mad! LOL!
    If you do catch them, ask the prosecutor to recommend to the judge that the perpetrator work it off by scrubbing the restrooms clean at your mall. You can assign one of your officers to oversee the "chain gang."
    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Lets assume this is a real gang, or a wannabe who can "speak the language." Have you tried defacing the tags and leaving them up for a bit so that the person can see the defacement?

Take a sharpie and draw a large X through the gang name tag. You are "dissing" the tagger and his gang by doing this. Make sure its not elaborate, so its obvious that its the authorities doing it.

Also, as previously stated, take pictures of every instance of tagging and put them in the file. See how the tags evolve over time, if there are new ones, if the wannabe becomes real, etc. Have the gang unit look at them.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
        Lets assume this is a real gang, or a wannabe who can "speak the language." Have you tried defacing the tags and leaving them up for a bit so that the person can see the defacement?

Take a sharpie and draw a large X through the gang name tag. You are "dissing" the tagger and his gang by doing this. Make sure its not elaborate, so its obvious that its the authorities doing it.

Sounds like a good way to get shot.

Comment

I may like the idea of defacing their tagging, but I am afraid if I do, I will only instigate them to either tag more or bring back issues I fought so hard against.

I have no problems really removing the tagging, I am just trying to stop the most of it, as this recent set of tagging is identical and consistant with repeatitive markings.

As for documentation, we are on top of it. Full page sized, high DPI digital photographing, reports, the whole thing. We use the same documentation process for top level criminal activities all the way down to the little issues.

I just really want to catch this guy(s) that are doing it, and/or stop it and bring things back down on this area of issues.

I have bumped up the reward to my Officers, by giving whoever catches the culprit, gets 3 days paid off, free dinner of their choice, and awarded with recognition. So, any ideas will help them, as I will let them take credit for it, since they are the ones that are hitting it hard and deserve the benefits!
          Deputy Sheriff

Comment

Originally posted by Mall Director
            I have bumped up the reward to my Officers, by giving whoever catches the culprit, gets 3 days paid off, free dinner of their choice, and awarded with recognition. So, any ideas will help them, as I will let them take credit for it, since they are the ones that are hitting it hard and deserve the benefits!
            I be on the next flight to your area. Just post me by the restrooms.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X