X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by Wackenhut Lawson
    Haha, someone did something like that to me once.

When I was a cadet for a police department, I had a parade detail in another city, well I had just gotten off another long detail and decided to catch a couple Zzz's in the break room. I guess someone snapped a digital of me, unbeknownced to me. So when all is said and done, the agency we assisted sent these letters to our PD for each of us, thanking us for our assistance. Wouldnt you know it, right where mine has this section that goes on about "You showed a high degree of professionalism, blah blah blah" there is a 1x1 print out of me sleeping. That was pretty funny as I look back on it.
    LOL. That is funny. A little humor like that is good for morale.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    A/K/A Cheese eater

Leave a comment:

• Lawson
    replied
    I typically have a "What happens on the road, stays on the road" mentality. But sometimes... you just need to tell someone.

Leave a comment:

• Lawson
    replied
    Haha, someone did something like that to me once.

When I was a cadet for a police department, I had a parade detail in another city, well I had just gotten off another long detail and decided to catch a couple Zzz's in the break room. I guess someone snapped a digital of me, unbeknownced to me. So when all is said and done, the agency we assisted sent these letters to our PD for each of us, thanking us for our assistance. Wouldnt you know it, right where mine has this section that goes on about "You showed a high degree of professionalism, blah blah blah" there is a 1x1 print out of me sleeping. That was pretty funny as I look back on it.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by crankloud
    I have been recently working with security officers who decide to sleep on the job, not in a secluded office or corner somewhere but in the office with other staff. Snoring away oblivious to anyone or any thing. I need some good tricks to play on these guys to teach them a lesson.
    Take a Polaroid picture of them and post it in the security office.

Leave a comment:

• Lawson
    replied
    put a paper bag over their head... thats always funny.

Leave a comment:

• crankloud
    replied
    Asleep again

I have been recently working with security officers who decide to sleep on the job, not in a secluded office or corner somewhere but in the office with other staff. Snoring away oblivious to anyone or any thing. I need some good tricks to play on these guys to teach them a lesson.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Wackenhut Lawson
    I have some experience in reporting other guards. Recently we had a guard who was a little... odd...no... psycho. He was constantly talking about military stuff (Like, how he was in NCIS, and how he was in the Navy since he was 12, and how he had to live by beating people up on the streets) He also went on about how he wanted to kill his ex-wife and he would go on about what type of bullet he would use and where he would do it etc... So once upon a time, Im training another officer who worked the same site, but a different post.. he tells me about how psychoguard would call him and start just talking about random stuff. So I went into Internet Explorer, checked the history... low and behold... thousands upon thousands of searched pages... everything like "Ancient Egypt" ; "Exploding animals" ; "666 Satanic Rituals" ; Random ****/adult movie stars ; "How to make a supressor" ; "How to make a bomb using flour" ; "How a machine gun works" ; "How to make a dirty bomb" ; etc...

What really got me was how I would see tons of stuff like, "How to make a bomb" then below it searches for "Washington Trade Convention Center" , or "Will Rogers Memorial Stadium" etc... So I reported it, he was removed from the site, and I think the ATF is conducting an investigation.
    That's some creepy s--t, man. I worked with a guy who was unarmed on an armed post (They ran out of probationaries to give me...), and was insane. He wanted to be armed, but he let one thing slip. "I don't think I'd actually kill anyone, I just want the dollar an hour raise." He failed FTO at the end of shift, and was demoted to unarmed.

Leave a comment:

• Knight Watch
    replied
    lazyness

By all means go to your or his supervisor (if they are different yours first) and tell your concerns and if nothing happens go up to the next ranking officer and so on. His actions or lack thier of could loose the contract for your co. This is a dangerous person to work with (if on a 2 or more person shift).

BE SAFE

Leave a comment:

• Bill Warnock
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Lawson
    replied
    I have some experience in reporting other guards. Recently we had a guard who was a little... odd...no... psycho. He was constantly talking about military stuff (Like, how he was in NCIS, and how he was in the Navy since he was 12, and how he had to live by beating people up on the streets) He also went on about how he wanted to kill his ex-wife and he would go on about what type of bullet he would use and where he would do it etc... So once upon a time, Im training another officer who worked the same site, but a different post.. he tells me about how psychoguard would call him and start just talking about random stuff. So I went into Internet Explorer, checked the history... low and behold... thousands upon thousands of searched pages... everything like "Ancient Egypt" ; "Exploding animals" ; "666 Satanic Rituals" ; Random ****/adult movie stars ; "How to make a supressor" ; "How to make a bomb using flour" ; "How a machine gun works" ; "How to make a dirty bomb" ; etc...

What really got me was how I would see tons of stuff like, "How to make a bomb" then below it searches for "Washington Trade Convention Center" , or "Will Rogers Memorial Stadium" etc... So I reported it, he was removed from the site, and I think the ATF is conducting an investigation.

Leave a comment:

• EMTGuard
    replied
    I think everyone has to deal with this problem to some extent. Everywhere you go there will be slackers who refuse to do even the minimum and somehow they manage to hang on to their jobs.

Leave a comment:

• ozsecuritychic
    replied
    it gets a bit annoying when someone seems to get away with everything i posted in another thread about the other idiot that i have to deal with.even clients have rang up to complain about him all they did was give him an extra shift.

Leave a comment:

• ycaso77
    replied
    Very simply I see it as you're paid to do a job, if you feel that job is beneath your talent, social level, education or super hero skills.....by all means find a new home. I keep careful watch and always listen for the first signs of officers disgruntled with one of thier own. Not only does a lazy employee cause more work for others, they are dangerous and lower morale at an alarming rate making my job that much harder. Fire? Not until you've been given a motivational discussion on your performance and a couple warnings. My first rule of thumb is " I can't MAKE you do something. but I cam make you WISH you had". Theres a whole lot of dirty jobs waiting for the slacker and then its up to them to choose the path to enlightenment.

Leave a comment:

• crankloud
    replied
    Dobbing in?

Thought this thread was about dobbing in fellow security officers?I have been working in the public service sector for some years now.I have been told by managers that some staff still working here have had police charges bought against them, but their still here.As security officers we cannot afford any police charges being bought against us or we do not qualify for a licence. I can't stand other peolpe breaking the law,slacking off or not doing there job properly. I am sick of showing up to work only to find the lock-up not done properly therefore i have to do it again,5 hours after it should have been done.I hope all forum readers do their jobs properly,for there own safety!

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X