Reporting other security officers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EMTFirefighter
    I never said getting relieved late wasn't your business. As long as the situation is rectified after you speak to your supervisor, what happens to the other employee is none of your business.

Read before you post.
    You are really having a hard time believing that not all companies and supervisors have to have an impersonal, business-only, and a "You are on a need to know basis and you don't need to know" type relationship with the employees...aren't you?
    I'm sorry that I don't work for a snob-ass, do-it-by-the-book corporate company.
    I guess they broke the rules of the 'School of Supervisors' and became these evil beings that actually shares personal conversation and what is going on in the company with the employees and don't treat the employees like they are sheep who get a paycheck every week or two.

Hard to imagine, huh?

If my supervisor was my father or another close relative and we were having dinner and conversation came up and he said, "Yeah, I'm going to have to fire that guy" Would that be better? If yes, why? Because we are family and the supervisor rulebook doesn't apply there according to you?
    If not, then are you so much the do-it-by-the-book corporate type where even close family members should keep certain business related information from each other. Either way, you have a screwed up view of what things should be in the business world.

But I guess it's up to you to decide what business my supervisor shares with me because you......Own the company I work for? Know how well the company runs or doesn't?
    Know everything and all the details what goes on in the company and how well each employee works?
    Wrote the book of how management should act towards employees? You are God?.....
    Which is it? Because I'm getting curious of how it is your business telling me what is my business.

Comment

Originally posted by EMTFirefighter
      I got along fine with my subordinates when I was a supervisor, we often met up outside of work in social situations.

I'll sum my opinion up, take it FWIW. Regardless of what you think about your supervisor, if he or she discusses personnel issues regarding discipline with other employees, he is not a very good supervisor. What goes on with other employees' counseling sessions, status change, pay, termination, etc. is ABSOLUTELY none of your business. I doubt company management knows that your supervisor is going around discussing others' personal matters with you, his subordinate.
      You know, some of that information puts the subordinate, company supervisor, and corporation at risk for lawsuit. Revealing issues related to health (ADA, HIPPA, DOEE Discrimination violations), job performance (ADA, DOEE Discrimination, Slander and/or Libel, State Discrimination), attitude, etc; can all be acts which will allow that alleged idiot to won the company by a slip of a supervisor's tounge.

Example:
      Bob sleeps on the job, has a lousy work ethic, and uses profanity, alot, at work. He is reported by the client, and several coworkers.
      Jim, the supervisor, informs the coworkers that Bob is going to be fired "as soon as we have a replacement, because he's always sleeping and stuff."
      Bob has an undiagnosed medical condition, and an undiagnosed mental health condition. The company determines this through investigation.
      Jim, the supervisor, informs a coworker of Bob's problems, saying that they're crap and he's still getting fired.

Bob is covered under the ADA. While he can be terminated due to his condition(s) creating undue hardship, the possiblity of reassignment to a job code that allows him to fall asleep (nacrolepsy) and where his constant mood swings and profanity (bipolar) don't interfere with his job.

Revealing Bob's medical condition is a violation of the ADA and HIPPA. The ADA requires that employees not be discriminated against for mental or physical disorders. The HIPPA states that medical information gained by the company is confidential.

Even if there is no healthcare issue involving ADA and HIPPA, some states prohibit discussing of employment history and discipline under their worker discrimination laws. Just as its illegal to answer anything more than "Did they work here, would you rehire?" It can be illegal to release confidential Human Resources records (disciplinary actions are HR records) to non-authorized personnel.

The EEOC will be happy to send you a 2 foot stack of manuals, and urges you STRONGLY to read them. I'm still reading them, and its amazing what you can and cannot do under the law.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I believe you do the best job your abilities and conscious will allow. But unless another co-workers work habits impact on me directly, such as always being late or stealing, I generally don't bring their behavior to a supervisors attention.

The other officer that works at my location makes zero effort at customer service and often nods off. I on the other hand work my ass off and go the extra mile to make the customers happy to the point where the manager at the location has asked if I'd consider leaving security to work for them.

At the end of the day both I and the other officer take home the same meager sized paycheck. I still have to fight for my over time and as far as I know no body working this account has ever gotten a raise. Not to mention the awful health "benefits". The other day the bank had a holiday, course it was unpaid for the security working the bank. Last week I needed a day off and requested it a week in advance, my supervisor seemed angry and made it sound as if my job might be in jeopardy, then no one showed up to cover me. And it's almost impossible to get my supervisor on the phone if I have a question. Really I feel as if I've been shipped off to Siberia.

I do the best job I can because I feel better about myself as a human being at the end of the day and I enjoy helping people, not because I feel I owe anything to the company. To them I realize I'm just an expendable piece of meat, really I could perform the required duties even if I'd had a lobotomy. I could probably just stand at my post and drool all day and still take home the same sized paycheck.

Comment

Car54. Absorb all you can, see human nature at it best and at it worst. Benefit from it. When you make supervisor, you'll know what to look for and the questions to ask. Customers will remember, they always do. For you that is a plus. Nothing like finding merchandise stuck behind a CO2 fire bottle.
          Enjoy the day,
          Bill

Comment

Bill I couldn't agree more. I originally got into security because I DIDN'T want to deal with the public, I never felt I was any good at it. By nature I'm not an extrovert and have always been uncomfortable talking with strangers, often beating myself up afterwards for not giving the best answer. I pictured I'd be working an industrail park and spending most of my time in a cramped office viewing CCTV monitors. Yet here I am dealing with the public all day long.

And with each day I gain a little more confidence and I'm starting to find I'm pretty dam good at it, as long as I stay relaxed and focused. Occasionally I'll have to deal with rude people that view me as a police officer and just don't like cops, but I try and stay polite and not let it bother me (though it does).

I also deal with many illegal aliens in my area. I can tell they're nervous around me and I do my best to put them at ease, often using my crappy spanish to explain things to them or just wishing them a nice day as they leave, and within a few visits they're greeting me with a big smile instead of looking at the floor as they pass. It's little things like this that make my day go a little easier.

So as dull as this post is I do feel like I'm gaining some valuable customer service experience that I can take to my next post/job or company.

Comment

Dobbing in?

Thought this thread was about dobbing in fellow security officers?I have been working in the public service sector for some years now.I have been told by managers that some staff still working here have had police charges bought against them, but their still here.As security officers we cannot afford any police charges being bought against us or we do not qualify for a licence. I can't stand other peolpe breaking the law,slacking off or not doing there job properly. I am sick of showing up to work only to find the lock-up not done properly therefore i have to do it again,5 hours after it should have been done.I hope all forum readers do their jobs properly,for there own safety!
              We haven't had trouble for a while, Let's cancel security!

Comment

Very simply I see it as you're paid to do a job, if you feel that job is beneath your talent, social level, education or super hero skills.....by all means find a new home. I keep careful watch and always listen for the first signs of officers disgruntled with one of thier own. Not only does a lazy employee cause more work for others, they are dangerous and lower morale at an alarming rate making my job that much harder. Fire? Not until you've been given a motivational discussion on your performance and a couple warnings. My first rule of thumb is " I can't MAKE you do something. but I cam make you WISH you had". Theres a whole lot of dirty jobs waiting for the slacker and then its up to them to choose the path to enlightenment.
                Old age and treachery will defeat youth and enthusiasm every time-

Comment

it gets a bit annoying when someone seems to get away with everything i posted in another thread about the other idiot that i have to deal with.even clients have rang up to complain about him all they did was give him an extra shift.

Comment

I think everyone has to deal with this problem to some extent. Everywhere you go there will be slackers who refuse to do even the minimum and somehow they manage to hang on to their jobs.
                    Hospital Security Officer

Comment

I have some experience in reporting other guards. Recently we had a guard who was a little... odd...no... psycho. He was constantly talking about military stuff (Like, how he was in NCIS, and how he was in the Navy since he was 12, and how he had to live by beating people up on the streets) He also went on about how he wanted to kill his ex-wife and he would go on about what type of bullet he would use and where he would do it etc... So once upon a time, Im training another officer who worked the same site, but a different post.. he tells me about how psychoguard would call him and start just talking about random stuff. So I went into Internet Explorer, checked the history... low and behold... thousands upon thousands of searched pages... everything like "Ancient Egypt" ; "Exploding animals" ; "666 Satanic Rituals" ; Random ****/adult movie stars ; "How to make a supressor" ; "How to make a bomb using flour" ; "How a machine gun works" ; "How to make a dirty bomb" ; etc...

What really got me was how I would see tons of stuff like, "How to make a bomb" then below it searches for "Washington Trade Convention Center" , or "Will Rogers Memorial Stadium" etc... So I reported it, he was removed from the site, and I think the ATF is conducting an investigation.
                      "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                      "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Comment

lazyness

By all means go to your or his supervisor (if they are different yours first) and tell your concerns and if nothing happens go up to the next ranking officer and so on. His actions or lack thier of could loose the contract for your co. This is a dangerous person to work with (if on a 2 or more person shift).

BE SAFE

Comment

Originally posted by Wackenhut Lawson
                            I have some experience in reporting other guards. Recently we had a guard who was a little... odd...no... psycho. He was constantly talking about military stuff (Like, how he was in NCIS, and how he was in the Navy since he was 12, and how he had to live by beating people up on the streets) He also went on about how he wanted to kill his ex-wife and he would go on about what type of bullet he would use and where he would do it etc... So once upon a time, Im training another officer who worked the same site, but a different post.. he tells me about how psychoguard would call him and start just talking about random stuff. So I went into Internet Explorer, checked the history... low and behold... thousands upon thousands of searched pages... everything like "Ancient Egypt" ; "Exploding animals" ; "666 Satanic Rituals" ; Random ****/adult movie stars ; "How to make a supressor" ; "How to make a bomb using flour" ; "How a machine gun works" ; "How to make a dirty bomb" ; etc...

What really got me was how I would see tons of stuff like, "How to make a bomb" then below it searches for "Washington Trade Convention Center" , or "Will Rogers Memorial Stadium" etc... So I reported it, he was removed from the site, and I think the ATF is conducting an investigation.
                            That's some creepy s--t, man. I worked with a guy who was unarmed on an armed post (They ran out of probationaries to give me...), and was insane. He wanted to be armed, but he let one thing slip. "I don't think I'd actually kill anyone, I just want the dollar an hour raise." He failed FTO at the end of shift, and was demoted to unarmed.
                            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Asleep again

I have been recently working with security officers who decide to sleep on the job, not in a secluded office or corner somewhere but in the office with other staff. Snoring away oblivious to anyone or any thing. I need some good tricks to play on these guys to teach them a lesson.
                              We haven't had trouble for a while, Let's cancel security!

Comment

put a paper bag over their head... thats always funny.
                                "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                                "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X