Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackhole
    replied
    I used to be a police dispatcher and we had cameras in our "hot spots" throughout the city. It worked out well, IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Lawson
    replied
    Nice video... I like how all his home-boys just kept walking off when the cops grabbed him.

Leave a comment:

• aka Bull
    replied
    I have no objections to cameras being used in public places. There is no expectation of privacy when you are out in public. They are really useful in high crime areas and, as this video showed, result in arrests. In the past this crime would have gone unsolved and the perp would have added to his "rep" for being such a bad dude.

The drawback comes in the necessity of having the systems actively monitored and having units available to repond to situations.

Leave a comment:

• bigdog
    replied
    What happened the rest of the assailants escaped arrest. Its a good system if they could speed up response time and go in tighter on the faces.

Leave a comment:

• davis002
    started a topic City-Owned Surveillance Cameras

City-Owned Surveillance Cameras

I know some people are against it, but city-owned & operated surveillance cameras are an amazing tool for law enforcement. 30+ cameras now exist in what is called the "Safezone" of Downtown Minneapolis. The safezone is pretty much the entertainment district of downtown. Minneapolis has plans on installing cameras all over the city, mostly in high crime areas. Thanks to the wonder of youtube.com, I am able to show an example of how the MPD utilizes the cameras. Watch the video, then throw in your two cents regarding the use of public surveillance cameras being used as a crimefighting tool.

Watch the Video
    Last edited by davis002; 07-21-2006, 07:08 AM.

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X