Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Security
    Jack,

NYC issues tickets using time-activated cameras all the time for people who run red lights. I'm all for this type of enforcement.
    How do they make sure the person who was driving the car gets the ticket & not the owner of the car?
    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
      How do they make sure the person who was driving the car gets the ticket & not the owner of the car?
      They don't. The ticket is issued to the registered owner, and because they can't prove (yet ) who was driving, the ticket is just a fine w/ no points issued to the owner's license.
      Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Ideally, that is the preferred method of enforcement. However, with rampant disrespect and outright contempt for authority, there's no way for the police to effectively enforce traffic laws. There are too many other crimes that require priority and too few LEO's to police it all.
        Not disagreeing with you Mr Security.

But here in my city you might find a few who do:

By BILL HETHCOCK THE GAZETTE
        The Colorado Springs Gazette
        June 30

Here's something to be proud of as Independence Day draws near: Colorado Springs is one of the top speed traps in America, according to the National Motorists Association. More on this topic The city ranked fourth behind Detroit, Washington, D.C., and Orlando, Fla., and ahead of Houston, Virginia Beach, Va.; Austin, Texas; Baton Rouge, La.; Nashville, Tenn.; and Fresno, Calif.
        Link

Cops are finding plenty of time for traffic laws.

Seriously though our PD has a 28 officer motorcycle cop unit, and you're gonna run across them quite a bit in the city. People whine about it, but I say - if you're following the traffic laws you haven't got to worry.
        "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by aka Bull
          Not disagreeing with you Mr Security.

But here in my city you might find a few who do:

Seriously though our PD has a 28 officer motorcycle cop unit, and you're gonna run across them quite a bit in the city. People whine about it, but I say - if you're following the traffic laws you haven't got to worry.
          Agreed. In my area, the police pull people over all the time, but it's usually resolved with a verbal or written warning. The traffic violators have figured this out and they keep driving like idiots. Exceeding the speed limit by 20-25 mph, tailgating w/intent to harass, rolling through stop signs or not even slowing down at all, driving w/ expired registration stickers, and the list goes on. I just bought a new mid-size car for my wife with all the airbags I could get to protect her from these kamikazes.
          Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Since when did I say that I was only referring to speeding??
            When you responded to my post that only referenced speed enforcement, that's when.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X