No announcement yet.

Bounty Hunters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry histfan71 I misunderstood. Yeah actually your right in some regard you , have to know what arrest authority you have before you use it and know what laws you can enforce witrh it as well as knowing what elements make up the crime. False arrest= false imprisonment here ,thats a third degree felony and they probably arrest you with your own handcuffs. How embarrasing is that.Btw are you saying making a citizens arrest as a security officer makes you a wanna- be cop?
    "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Comment

Um, folks... I'm kinda running on half-cylinders right now, sorta speak, as I had my Windows partition explode and it was replaced by Linux. Glorious Linux (Gentoo for those keeping score).

But, yeah. I'm going to agree with histfan71 on this. Unless you are well versed in Criminal Law, do not attempt to make an arrest for it. And by well versed, I mean that you can name the elements of the crime you are going to arrest for; can articulate how the violator met each element of the crime; can demonstrate under statutory or common law authority your powers to arrest; are trained in use of force and apprehension; and have the ability to properly articulate the arrest process.

I'm pretty sure bigdog can meet those requirements. I know this because he's been making arrests for awhile now, and he hasn't been arrested for it, and the police officers he's been handing his prisoners off to want to give the prisoners even more charges.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by bigdog
        Btw are you saying making a citizens arrest as a security officer makes you a wanna- be cop?
        Nope, it is the attitude of "because I am a security guard and wear a pretty uniform with a tin badge I can enforce the law the same way a cop does so that makes me the same as a cop" that makes a security guard a wanna-be.

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
          Um, folks... I'm kinda running on half-cylinders right now, sorta speak, as I had my Windows partition explode and it was replaced by Linux. Glorious Linux (Gentoo for those keeping score).

But, yeah. I'm going to agree with histfan71 on this. Unless you are well versed in Criminal Law, do not attempt to make an arrest for it. And by well versed, I mean that you can name the elements of the crime you are going to arrest for; can articulate how the violator met each element of the crime; can demonstrate under statutory or common law authority your powers to arrest; are trained in use of force and apprehension; and have the ability to properly articulate the arrest process.

I'm pretty sure bigdog can meet those requirements. I know this because he's been making arrests for awhile now, and he hasn't been arrested for it, and the police officers he's been handing his prisoners off to want to give the prisoners even more charges.
          You are so right! We have our fair share of arrests made here, but even one part of the element in our training, to include new hires, is to become versed in these violations. Know them forward and backward, use the communication skills after the arrest to articulate to the LE that comes, and you will be enabled to operate in keepin gyour area of operation safe and secure!
          Deputy Sheriff

Comment

Originally posted by Black Caesar View Post
            We have bail enforcement agents in Texas, but they can't carry firearms. not a job I'd want...
            Sure they can! One of the requirements for BEA in your state is that they be Armed Security Officer 3.

And since I am at it......the reason BEAs have such powers is this... when a person is released on bail they have not been freed but turned over to the custody of the bondsman who make revoke the bail at any time. Additionally, if they FTA then their capture is likened to the rearrest of an escaped prisoner by the Sheriff. Due process isn't involved.
            Tom Duprey
            Owner/Relentless Risk Management

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X