Gangs & the Internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gangs & the Internet

Ran across this article, thought I drop the link for those who may be interested.

from wired.com
    Web Bangers: Gangs Stake Net Turf

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

"In order to understand any subculture, be it al-Qaida, witches, devil worshippers or gangs, you have to be able to know their own language," Knox said.
    WTF do they have against witches or devil worshipers. What kind of hate speech is that? Ever heard of freedom of religion? What a bunch of nitwits. Witches don't pose any kind of threat. It's bigots like this I fear more than devil worshipers or witches.
    Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Originally posted by EMTGuard
      WTF do they have against witches or devil worshipers. What kind of hate speech is that? Ever heard of freedom of religion? What a bunch of nitwits. Witches don't pose any kind of threat. It's bigots like this I fear more than devil worshipers or witches.
      "In order to understand any subculture, be it al-Qaida, witches, devil worshippers or gangs, you have to be able to know their own language," Knox said.
      They were not saying that Witches were a threat, they were saying to understand their culture, you have to know their language. But now there are gangs,or rather "cliques" that do study witch craft and devil worshipping.

Comment

The problem in that was connotation and loaded wording.

Tell me your feelings about the following group of people:

Pedophiles. Rapists. Necrophiliacs. Gang Members. Murders. Thieves. Policemen. Arsonists. Devil Worshipers. Emo Kids. Clergy. Torturers. Postmen.

Amazing what happens when you bunch them all together like that.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X