Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Other" weapons legal, bows&arrows, knives, etc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• graywolf_14
    replied
    Are you wanting to know if you can carry a crossbow while working? I think it depends on if your wearing a suit of armor or not... Because if you are than I believe you can but if not than it is not allowed.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Read your state statutes in regards to defense of self, defense of others, and defense of property.

Then, read your state statute governing possession, import, or selling of melee weapons. I think you're in CA, which means that a lot of items are illegal to possess without "good reason," like martial arts weapons, or just plain illegal to possess.

There you will find your answers. Most states don't care what you use to defend yourself, as long as the force is reasonable. You picked up a samurai sword because someone's invading your home and ran them through? The law doesn't see that act any different than shooting them down.

The problems come from "how did you get close enough," "is it legal to even have one of those," and "you should have fled your home and called 911."

Leave a comment:

• Jim1348
    replied

I guess that depends on what part of the world you are interested in. Are you concerned about Mogadishu or the south side of Chicago? Laws do vary from place to place you know.

Leave a comment:

• Squid
    started a topic "Other" weapons legal, bows&arrows, knives, etc?

What about that Medieval stuff that sell at the mall? "mace"(ball w/spike-chain-handle)?

Not asking if it is a good idea, just what the legal issues are for 'carrying' and also for 'use' against another person as 'defense'.

No need to say "you should stick to weapons you have official approved SO training with", or other obvious helpful comments.

Looking for legal nitty-gritty.

On more likely note, what about 'impromptu weapons' use by SOs for defense? lumber, trash cans, lamps, 'heavy objects' like stones?

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X