better job than police?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmaccauley
    To the leo's who have recently arrived: By now, I'm sure you realize that The Mayor is doing everything he can (and successfully I might add) to antagonize you. Why he has been allowed to continue his childish banter is beyond me, but try to contain yourselves. His remarks may incite, but they certainly have no merit. The immaturity that has been displayed is part of the reason why we have so much difficulty in respecting and supporting each other in our chosen professions; be it security or law enforcement.
    Geoff seems to the be entire moderation team, and is also having to prepare stories not on the usual Lexis-Nexis feed, interview people for webcasts, etc.

As I've said before, SIW is the red-headed stepchild of Officer.com and Firehouse.com, which means that we're kinda, well, on our own till Geoff gets a minute to regulate.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Geoff will probably see how I was minding my business and that I have only responded to quell the childish atmosphere as instigated by Zebra One and a few other bad apples.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Mayor
        Geoff will probably see how I was minding my business and that I have only responded to quell the childish atmosphere as instigated by Zebra One and a few other bad apples.
        We will see what Geoff says by his public and private comments. Till then, a plea to comport yourself, to everyone, in a proper and professional manner is again advised.

I think we need some more forum topics, definately, to deal with the current influx of users.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Agreed. I can do anything better than the police.
          I dont have any comradery with them either. A while back I got pulled over. The officer approcahed my car and saw that I was in full Security Officer uniform. I asked for proffessional courtesy and he wrote me a ticket for not having my DL on me (my fault).....but still no professional courtesy The ticket was in the amount of $15.
          Yea thats F'd up he should have given you courtesy because you guys are in the same profession thats why its PROFESSIONAL COURTESY. Whats the point of it if hes gunna write Security ESPECIALLY IN UNIFORM.

You figure he pulled you over for something else and rather than writing you for speeding or rolling through a stop sign or whatever he stopped you for he gave you a 15 buck ticket? come on thats not even a break. I woulda called his supervisor and given him an asskickin!

Comment

Originally posted by SEOHopeful1
            Yea thats F'd up he should have given you courtesy because you guys are in the same profession thats why its PROFESSIONAL COURTESY. Whats the point of it if hes gunna write Security ESPECIALLY IN UNIFORM.

You figure he pulled you over for something else and rather than writing you for speeding or rolling through a stop sign or whatever he stopped you for he gave you a 15 buck ticket? come on thats not even a break. I woulda called his supervisor and given him an asskickin!
            Because you are a Security Officer in uniform does not grant you any "professional courtesy" during a traffic stop. If you were speeding, rolling through a stop sign, changing lanes without signaling, etc. then you broke the law and get a ticket. Seeing that i'm a former LEO, if I had pulled someone over for speeding and they happen to be a uniformed security officer... I won't show them anymore courtesy that I would normally show any other private citizen. If the security officer starts running his mouth about "professional courtesy", then yes I will cite him for anything I can. There are alot of laws on the books, you just have to make them fit.

Moral of the story is, you should never expect professional courtesy from a police officer after you have violated a law. If you are given professional courtesy, simply thank the officer for his kindness.
            "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

I have read your posts and I think that you are interested in this profession for the right reasons. A good attitude and a desire to help others..these are positive things to bring to the job.

Yea thats F'd up he should have given you courtesy because you guys are in the same profession thats why its PROFESSIONAL COURTESY. I woulda called his supervisor and given him an asskickin!
              It is impotant to keep your cool in this profession. As you can see the public, criminals, and even some law enforcement officers try to antagonize us. If I got angry with that officer..then he would have won. He is the sort of individual that takes in a pleasure by causing inconvenience to others. I smiled and accepted the ticket.

I can tell that you are not like that rotten egg..and I am glad that you want this job for the right reasons.

Comment

I bet you think Hitler was a hell of a guy.
                I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
                -Lieutenant Commander Data
                sigpic

Comment

Mayor

What did he pull you over for to begin with? Sounds like he only gave you the license ticket. Maybe he did end up giving you a break right? But he should have gone all the way and just let you go. One day he's gunna be getting whooped up on and wish he woulda extended courtesy because you could save his rear

Comment

And being better than the police? Hell ya my buddy works unarmed and he says everytime he has a problem with skateboarders, loitering, or curfew violation the cops take 4ever. They claim they have more important things to worry about like drugs, accidents, sex assualts, and murders. But if they were smart they'd stop the problems while they were little then they wouldn't have big problems

Comment

He made the stop because I had an equipement violation (tail light out). I was pleased that he cared enough to bring it to my attention.

And being better than the police? Hell ya my buddy works unarmed and he says everytime he has a problem with skateboarders, loitering, or curfew violation the cops take 4ever. They claim they have more important things to worry about like drugs, accidents, sex assualts, and murders. But if they were smart they'd stop the problems while they were little then they wouldn't have big problems
                      Doesn't surprise me.

Where I patrol, the police are busy doing speed enforcement 2 blocks down the road, rather than busting drug dealers who sell to children.

Comment

Set The Traps

We have ANOTHER troll running loose. Davis002, I told you not to leave that bag of Purina Troll Chow outside. Now look, we have critters.
                        I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
                        -Lieutenant Commander Data
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The_Mayor
                          He made the stop because I had an equipement violation (tail light out). I was pleased that he cared enough to bring it to my attention.

Doesn't surprise me.

Where I patrol, the police are busy doing speed enforcement 2 blocks down the road, rather than busting drug dealers who sell to children.
                          Let me guess, lazy San Rafeal Police right? Letting the neighborhood go to hell?
                          "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by Tennsix
                            We have ANOTHER troll running loose. Davis002, I told you not to leave that bag of Purina Troll Chow outside. Now look, we have critters.
                            They can smell it from miles away, I can't stop them...

Comment

Originally posted by Tennsix
                              Tennsix's definition of Troll: One who gives constructive criticism about the police.

A kid called me a "fuzzle ball" the other day too.
                              Last edited by The_Mayor; 11-08-2005, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by davis002
                                Let me guess, lazy San Rafeal Police right? Letting the neighborhood go to hell?
                                Marin County is a cake walk...keep guessing........

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X