Clear All

Guest replied
    Thanks for the help davis002

Leave a comment:

• davis002
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Mayor
    So what is your point?
    Obviously something you will never understand Mayor...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Tennsix
    Your Honor,

I take great pride in being a law enforcement officer and I take offense to your statement. You imply that LEO?s are slothful creatures that have no regard for professionalism. Furthermore, you arrogantly announce your ability to put someone in his/her place. You are guilty of the very attitude you condemn.

I am not trained to do your job therefore, I am not qualified. What makes you think you can do mine? How much police training do you have? How long have you been a security officer? What do your last few performance evaluations look like?

You are quick to snap at other SEO?s on here. Why is that? My experiences (personal and professional) have taught me when a person has to demean others; they are simply trying to convince themselves of something. What might that be?

As a field training officer and a police academy instructor, I am qualified to say your attitude sinks. You would not get past the first rotation of FTO. A reputable PD would drop you like a bad habit.
    So what is your point?

Leave a comment:

• Tennsix
    replied
    Agreed, I dont lower myself to their level...I wont argue with them...but I will ensure that they face the consequences of their behaviour....as anyone else who sets foot on the property that I secure.

I will also extend courtesty to an leo if there is no attitude.
    Your Honor,

I take great pride in being a law enforcement officer and I take offense to your statement. You imply that LEO?s are slothful creatures that have no regard for professionalism. Furthermore, you arrogantly announce your ability to put someone in his/her place. You are guilty of the very attitude you condemn.

I am not trained to do your job therefore, I am not qualified. What makes you think you can do mine? How much police training do you have? How long have you been a security officer? What do your last few performance evaluations look like?

You are quick to snap at other SEO?s on here. Why is that? My experiences (personal and professional) have taught me when a person has to demean others; they are simply trying to convince themselves of something. What might that be?

As a field training officer and a police academy instructor, I am qualified to say your attitude sinks. You would not get past the first rotation of FTO. A reputable PD would drop you like a bad habit.
    Last edited by Tennsix; 11-07-2005, 08:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Zebra One
    No, Mayor, you have already displayed a predisposition to argue, demean and generally posture yourself from a condescending perch.
    Ironically, you have gesticulated in my general direction (three posts in a row).

I have perused through this forum and found there are a few extremely intelligent and well balanced Security Officers/Officials based upon their comments.
    In my exegesis of your text it strikes me that though you've had an illustrious and distinguished multi-decade career as a law enforcement professional, your theoretical approach while having some merits, is fundamentally naive. You erroneously equate your alleged LE experience to Security expertise.

They may not admit it publicly, but I am sure they have been professionally embarrassed by some of your antics.
    Thank you for sharing your assumptions.

Mayor, let me give you a little heads up.

I have been in this career field for over thirty years. I have served as a patrol officer, detective in general investigations, detective in the special enforcement unit, an undercover narcotics detective, patrol sergeant, detective sergeant and administrative sergeant. This is all while doing twenty years with a city before honorably retiring.

I then went to the Department of Corrections as a state sworn peace officer in the Criminal Investigations Unit.

I later transferred to the Sheriff's Office where I worked patrol as a field deputy, then to CIB as homicide detective, promoted to homicide unit supervisor and have recently been appointed to the Professional Standards Unit.

I can, with all assuredness, proclaim to all who read this.........YOU CANNOT DO THE JOB OF A POLICE OFFICER!
    Okay..so what is the "heads up"?

This Mayor character displays all the traits of a wanna-be police officer who could not meet minimum standards for employment with a law enforcement agency and now despises all those who have the job Mayor so desperately wanted.
    Another flawed assumption. Flatter yourself all you want by thinking that I would want your job...LOL.

Leave a comment:

• davis002
    replied
    Originally posted by CAR54
    Everyone here is probably underpaid considering their responsibilities. There's really not that big a difference between $9 and hour and $12 or $14 if your trying to buy a house or support a family.
    Our company starts our officers at between $15-$18 p/hr. We firmly believe that you get what you pay for.

When you start getting into investigations or executive protection, you are looking at $23-$28 p/hr.

Leave a comment:

• Zebra One
    replied
    Agreed, I dont lower myself to their level...I wont argue with them...but I will ensure that they face the consequences of their behaviour....
    No, Mayor, you have already displayed a predisposition to argue, demean and generally posture yourself from a condescending perch.

I have perused through this forum and found there are a few extremely intelligent and well balanced Security Officers/Officials based upon their comments.

They may not admit it publicly, but I am sure they have been professionally embarrassed by some of your antics.

In fact, it is personnel in the private security sector, of your demeanor, that give the true professionals a bad rap with the certified peace officers.

Mayor, let me give you a little heads up.

I can, with all assuredness, proclaim to all who read this.........YOU CANNOT DO THE JOB OF A POLICE OFFICER!

Please stop embarrassing your peers and climb off that high horse before you fall and hurt yourself.

To the other professional security personnel in this forum; Thank you for your dedicated service. Your line of work is specialized and appreciated.

It takes different personalities and talents to perform the functions inherent to on-site security as opposed to active law enforcement responsibilities.

This Mayor character displays all the traits of a wanna-be police officer who could not meet minimum standards for employment with a law enforcement agency and now despises all those who have the job Mayor so desperately wanted.
    Last edited by Zebra One; 11-09-2005, 08:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Zebra One
    replied
    PDs LOOOooove it when you inform them of there dirty players...the sooner its brought to their attention.....the less embarrassment they face.
    So, you relish in complaining about the police, but also want professional courtesy when you are in violation of motor vehicle statutes?

That's pretty cool, I guess.

But, do you ever worry about them harassing you because they all know you are a rat?

Leave a comment:

• Zebra One
    replied
    If I want something done I do it MYSELF. I dont rely on our civil servants to help.
    I wish I could work with you. We don't need the cops for anything, right?

I just hate it when we have to call the cops in to handle a big fight, sexual assault, stabbing or shooting.

We should just be able to cuff them all up ourselves and take them to straight to booking.

Leave a comment:

• Zebra One
    replied
    Agreed. I can do anything better than the police.
    Looks like I came to the right place to learn.

So, I am working security in a nursing home when I am notified of the death of a patient.

I arrive at the scene and find the decedent is displaying signs of petechiae and indicators of subdermal hemorrhage, as opposed to post mortem lividity, in the thorax area, do I call you or the local police to investigate?

Leave a comment:

• Zebra One
    replied
    Originally posted by mallpopo
    I think they are just jealous cause I can wear BDU pants and they cant ..lol.
    Wow, the police are actually jealous of you because you can wear BDU's?

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by EMTGuard
    My dad was a cop for 20 years. I grew up listening to the police scaner to keep up with him while he was working. After the Army I got on as an Axuillary with the local PD before getting my job with the State Department of Corrections. Dad retired and I still listen to scanners and from everything I've heard and seen I can honestly say,
    There is NO WAY IN H*** I'D WANT TO BE A POLICE OFFICER.
    The stuff they have to deal with on a daily/nightly basis is mindnumbing. Not the car chases or other 'exciting' stuff. The drunks, loud neighbors and dealing with others personal problems. Dealing with nuts, mental midgets and the bottom of the gene pool every hour of every shift would be too much for me. I had a friend who was giving up his job as a Deputy Sheriff. "I just can't deal with the stupid people anymore," he told me. I completely understand. It wouldn't take long before I got to the point where I'd just be responding to calls by getting out to my car, walking up to the partys involved and slapping them in the face and informing them "You are stupid" then driving away.
    The Police can have their job. I have it much better where I am thank you very much.
    You should try residential security, or "high risk" residential security. The police, for fleeting moments, don't deal with the same idiots unless they're stuck on sector work. The residential security officer is stuck on that property, usually 8 to 12 hours, and have to deal with the stupids 24/7. I've had many a police officer tell me, "You know, I don't know how you can do this. I get to leave, at least. Your stuck here for 12 hours. With... them."

You survive, and propser, of course, by involving the residents in the protection of their quality of life, and their safety. When they see your out there trying to DO something, they have a bit more respect for you than the last guard company, or the off duty cops, who just sat in the car and ate Taco Bell, only responding to calls with a minimum of caring.

Leave a comment:

• EMTGuard
    replied
    My dad was a cop for 20 years. I grew up listening to the police scaner to keep up with him while he was working. After the Army I got on as an Axuillary with the local PD before getting my job with the State Department of Corrections. Dad retired and I still listen to scanners and from everything I've heard and seen I can honestly say,
    There is NO WAY IN H*** I'D WANT TO BE A POLICE OFFICER.
    The stuff they have to deal with on a daily/nightly basis is mindnumbing. Not the car chases or other 'exciting' stuff. The drunks, loud neighbors and dealing with others personal problems. Dealing with nuts, mental midgets and the bottom of the gene pool every hour of every shift would be too much for me. I had a friend who was giving up his job as a Deputy Sheriff. "I just can't deal with the stupid people anymore," he told me. I completely understand. It wouldn't take long before I got to the point where I'd just be responding to calls by getting out to my car, walking up to the partys involved and slapping them in the face and informing them "You are stupid" then driving away.
    The Police can have their job. I have it much better where I am thank you very much.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Tennsix
    That was good reading. I appreciate your insight.
    Thank you. There are some people on officer.com that I just skim what they're saying - they're typing words that don't make sense or make the wrong kind of sense, but what I read from you, and some others on there, I pay attention to.

Leave a comment:

• Tennsix
    replied
    That was good reading. I appreciate your insight.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X