better job than police?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Mayor
    Of course not, I would never do such a lousy job as you.
    You are right, there are days when this is a lousy job but I love it.
    I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
    -Lieutenant Commander Data
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the help davis002
      It want to make sure you understand this, but I am in no way helping you. Unfortunately, I agree with some of the statements about your attitude, conduct, and level of maturity. You lack respect for others, especially LEOs. You appear to have no concrete understanding of private security or law enforcement. Seeing that you work in a retail mall setting, I wouldn't expect you to. Many of the security officers that post on these forums are professionals and treat them as such. I haven't been able to read a single post by you on this forum that demonstrates any level of professionalism. It is my hope that after you have been in this field for a longer period of time you will understand what i'm saying, and why i'm saying it.

With that said, I am hoping that this subject can be dropped all together. Although, I am going to assume you need to post a "last word".
      "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Of course not, I would never do such a lousy job as you.
        You sound just like a 7th grader. Got that bottom lip in pout mode?

Yep, your immaturity has shown through again.

Really no big surprise, is it, folks?

Comment

So what is your point?
          Maybe if I type real slowly you may understand. Doubtful as it is, I will try.

He is saying that you will never make it as a police officer. You are not of the proper caliber. He said you can?t even get along with other Security Officers.

I will say it a prose you might understand.

You, youngster, would not even make it as a pimple on a mediocre cop's ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Zebra One
            Wow, the police are actually jealous of you because you can wear BDU's?
            I am.

*buys some 5.11 pants*
            Never mind.
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

You, youngster, would not even make it as a pimple on a mediocre cop's ass.
              Laugh and poke fun all you want....just look at this article I found.

WASHINGTON, DC?Pressed for additional troops to police the Iraqi general elections scheduled for January, the Pentagon announced Monday that it will dispatch 30,000 U.S. shopping-mall security guards to the troubled Sunni Triangle region.

"A force of security guards trained to protect retail stores across America will be deployed to the Persian Gulf region," said Maj. Peter Archibald, a spokesman for Central Command. "Once in Iraq, security teams will fortify ground forces and assist them in keeping the peace and quelling any horseplay."

According to Archibald, the Pentagon wanted to bolster forces in Iraq without further extending the tours of soldiers currently in the theater. The solution should offer the additional advantage, Archibald said, of potentially dispelling the public's rising concerns over a possible military draft.

"We found that mall security guards are as well-trained and ready to face danger as the coalition-trained military police," Archibald said. "They may not have the power of arrest, but real authority is only a walkie-talkie call away."

Hired by the Defense Department through a number of licensed, reputable firms, the security guards will work independent of the roughly 135,000 troops currently stationed in Iraq. The guards will receive an hourly wage from the U.S. government, and they will be eligible for health and dental benefits after six months.

A test deployment of 1,000 mall security guards to Najaf in September convinced skeptical coalition officials that private-sector security forces provide a palpable sense of order.

"Iraqi patrons of mall-guard-patrolled marketplaces?the Iraqi equivalent of our nation's food courts?reported that the guards' uniformed presence was unobtrusive or even reassuring," Archibald said. "While many Iraqis are intimidated by soldiers from the U.S., they were largely able to disregard the mall security forces."

Archibald said that casualty rates for the mall security guards were only slightly higher than those among Iraqi police forces.

Bobby Adcock, 27, of Bakersfield, CA, was rejected for military service in August 2002, due to poor eyesight and excessive weight. He was hired by A-Star Security shortly thereafter, and was surprised to find himself patrolling an Iraqi bazaar in a Ford Taurus two years later.

"The work is similar in a lot of ways," Adcock said, pausing mid-sentence to order a nearby Iraqi to pick up a candy wrapper and a blood-spattered keffiyeh. "I thought maybe I'd be dodging artillery fire and flushing insurgents out of hiding places, but mostly I stand around and keep my eyes peeled for trouble. Just the other day, we caught some vandals spray-painting 'Go home USA' on the side of a building. Then, there's the suspicious package sightings. Fortunately, a good number of those turn out to be false alarms."

"All in all, it's an okay assignment," Adcock said. "The food is strange, except for those lamb kebabs. Those aren't bad. The break room is just a shed out in back of a used-electronics store, but I don't want to complain. I'm getting a lot of overtime."

Dale London, 47, is employed by Five-Eagle Security, based in Ames, IA. A former Loews Cineplex security guard who spent three years as an airport metal-detector operator, London now patrols the streets of Najaf.

"I had to retrain my eye to spot the particular dangers over here in sand-land," London said. "Yesterday, this kid with a bulge down his shirtfront comes around the corner. When I ask him to undo his jacket, wouldn't you know, there's a grenade launcher. Well, I hustled his keister right behind the falafel stand and told him the next time I saw his face around here, I'd turn him over to the coalition. Then I called his mullah to come pick him up."

Added London: "I never figured out where he shoplifted the grenade launcher from, so I took it to our lost and found. If any Najaf shopkeepers out there are missing a grenade launcher, they should contact me, Dale London, at the Five-Eagle Security station. It's near the grocery where they sell that funny sesame candy."

While the security guards' power is limited by international law, they are authorized to alert coalition forces in the event of trouble. Last week, a Marine platoon was dispatched after Adcock noticed that a vehicle had been parked unattended in an abandoned lot for several hours.

"We inspected the car, but it contained no bomb or weapons," Marine Sgt. Michael Shahinian, 25, said. "Weird thing is, turns out the call came from this guy Bobby Adcock, who was two grades above me at Bakersfield High School. I guess he's a pop cop working here now. Holy ****. I wonder if he ever did pass that shop class we had together."

Rebecca Chatelain, a research associate at the Institute For Defense Analysis, expressed misgivings over the use of mall security guards in Iraq.

"The situation there is extremely volatile," Chatelain said. "The guards may provide a layer of security, but it's more psychological than actual. Any determined insurgent will soon discover how easy it is to overcome a lightly armed, out-of-shape mall cop. I'd hate to see a repeat of what happened in Somalia."

Chatelain was referring to a 1993 incident in which several dozen American prom chaperones were sent to Somalia along with U.N. peacekeeping troops. All were shot by factional guerrillas within hours of their arrival.

Comment

That article is proof that the DoD will award private security contracts for anything that sounds interesting or plausable. I would of expected KBR or Blackwater to be doing the patrols, though.

Now, find me their death toll rates. They're a visible reminder of American occupation, and most likely IED targets.

Also, I wonder if they're unarmed or armed? I wonder if the Iraqi Insurgents care.

The rest of this thread... Hell no. I'm not touching it.

On another note...

Why are there two The_Mayor's now? We have The_Mayor, and The__Mayor, with two underscores.

This is not Fark, Something Awful, or Encyclopedia Dramatica. But damn is this amusing me.
                Last edited by N. A. Corbier; 11-07-2005, 10:43 PM.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

LMFAO you wannabes are really funny

If you can do a better job than me (yes I am a REAL police officer) then you should apply at the department in your area and show us how to do our job. But something tells me that you already tried and you cant be me. So you took a low paying security job

Comment

Originally posted by YouWishYou WereMe
                    LMFAO you wannabes are really funny

If you can do a better job than me (yes I am a REAL police officer) then you should apply at the department in your area and show us how to do our job. But something tells me that you already tried and you cant be me. So you took a low paying security job
                    I'm happy to see you referred to the wanna-be's and not the professional S/O's.

This Mayor character is definitely a wanna-be. There are a couple of more in here, but they have not merited my scorn.

Comment

I'm happy to see you referred to the wanna-be's and not the professional S/O's.

This Mayor character is definitely a wanna-be. There are a couple of more in here, but they have not merited my scorn.
                      The user account's value is debatable, at best. I do have to wonder who the comment was directed to, as there is a difference between reality and perception. The perception most police officers have of private security is that they're either trying to take their job, or they're useless gangbangers who need one.

Of course, as we all know, awhile back (way back), the only people who could be cops were stupid irishmen (the NYPD concept) who could only drink, shoot, and beat up people.

Took the police brotherhoods a long time to change that public perception. It'll take a long time (and ALOT better screening of employees, and alot of shutting down idiots) to kill the perception of security officers.

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                        It'll take a long time (and ALOT better screening of employees, and alot of shutting down idiots) to kill the perception of security officers.
                        Well, you could start with one Mayor, I mean person, at a time.

Comment

We shall see what the powers that be have to say on this. We shall see. Being smaller than officer.com and firehouse.com, SIW's moderation staff seem to have less time to devote to the forum.

But, damn, do they spend time on covering stories.

Comment

As far as not getting a ticket because you are a S/O ? I dont agree with that. If I was pulled over because i made a mistake say for speeding, I would take the ticket if thats what the LEO or the SO wants to do. If they dont want to write me thats fine to. The same goes for LEO's. Just bnecause you got a badge dont mean you are above anyone. That goes for S/O's and LEO's.

I get so tired of seeing this police are better than s/o's & s/o's are better than leos. dont both have a saying to protect people and property ? So we want the same things. I think we would all agree that both a security officer and law enforcement officers job can be stressfull can be dangerous at times and deadly. So lets not try to be better than the other. How about we realize that we work to protect people and property of the united states of america and of other places. Both are Public Safety. Without Public Safety (homeland security) we would not have a country.

Stay Safe All

Comment

You say that someone who informs a PD of officer misconduct is a "rat".
                              You are unethical at best and you smell like a dirty cop. I'm sure your next response will be some 7th grade dis.

I guess asking for an intelligent response is too much from you.

Comment

To the leo's who have recently arrived: By now, I'm sure you realize that The Mayor is doing everything he can (and successfully I might add) to antagonize you. Why he has been allowed to continue his childish banter is beyond me, but try to contain yourselves. His remarks may incite, but they certainly have no merit. The immaturity that has been displayed is part of the reason why we have so much difficulty in respecting and supporting each other in our chosen professions; be it security or law enforcement.
                                Jerry
                                http://personalprotectionconcepts.info

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X